Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #13: Toronto Raptors 128 (12-1) - New York Knicks 112 (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Butler and Simmons both need the ball. Simmons is pretty much useless (not completely - but you don't draft Simmons if you don't use him as the primary ball handler) in the 4th if Butler holds on to the ball.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      If the NBA was a 4 on 4 league, Sixers would be super scary rolling out Embiid/Butler/Simmons/Redick. Thankfully, they don't have a great fifth at the moment.

I don't love this move for Philly long term. They're going to be backing up the Brinks truck for Butler, and his timeline doesn't jive great with Simmons/Embiid.

Also get a feeling that we could see chemistry issues with Simmons and Butler. Butler's an ass, and Simmons doesn't seem like someone who would deal with that quietly. The jockeying for the alpha position between this big three is going to be fascinating to watch.
      I see Embiid and Butler teaming up and putting Simmons in his place. Yeah buddy you can fill out the stats chart but you are still fucking up there in critical times.

Comment

• Man, I'm happy Philly had to deal Covington. If they'd been able to keep him, this could've been a very scary team.

That said: the East is kinda stacked this year!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          If the NBA was a 4 on 4 league, Sixers would be super scary rolling out Embiid/Butler/Simmons/Redick. Thankfully, they don't have a great fifth at the moment.

I don't love this move for Philly long term. They're going to be backing up the Brinks truck for Butler, and his timeline doesn't jive great with Simmons/Embiid.

Also get a feeling that we could see chemistry issues with Simmons and Butler. Butler's an ass, and Simmons doesn't seem like someone who would deal with that quietly. The jockeying for the alpha position between this big three is going to be fascinating to watch.
          I see Embiid and Butler teaming up and putting Simmons in his place. Yeah buddy you can fill out the stats sheet but you are still fucking it up.

Comment

• Tons of talent at Philly's core, which is always the right place to start in the NBA. But yeah, they've already dropped off after losing Ilyasova and Bellinelli and now they've lost 2 more shooter's. It might not be the prettiest this year but they have some time if the rumours that Butler's agreeing to re-sign there are true.

It might take them a bit of time to restock the role player cupboard with some shooters.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• My initial reaction is that Philly just got a lot better. JJ is a great shooter. Jimmy and Joel can shoot it. They could pick up guys like Korver and not sacrifice much on the defensive side with Jimmy now in tow. After the Warriors, the next best four teams all appear to be in the East.

Damn, really wish he went to the Clips or something..

Comment

• I think KD will sign with either the Lakers or the Knicks. Boogie? who cares. Would Kawhi really sign with the star-less Clippers, a franchise that will always be a second banana to the Lakers?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                  I think KD will sign with either the Lakers or the Knicks. Boogie? who cares. Would Kawhi really sign with the star-less Clippers, a franchise that will always be a second banana to the Lakers?

Agreed. I could be wrong but the clippers are less attractive if there isn’t another star coming.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. I could be wrong but the clippers are less attractive if there isn’t another star coming.
                    The Clippers are the worst franchise in the NBA. If i was an NBA player, LAC is the last place i would want to go to.

Lakers and the Knicks are my top 2.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think KD will sign with either the Lakers or the Knicks. Boogie? who cares. Would Kawhi really sign with the star-less Clippers, a franchise that will always be a second banana to the Lakers?

Nah KD will probably stay with GS unless they aren't willing to pay him the full max. If Kawhi stays with the Raps then all of the sudden Toronto becomes an attractive destination for KD to cement his legacy (something nobody in U.S media want to talk about).

Comment

• Both Boston and Philly had assets to make moves. I'm not surprised they got Butler.

Sounds like Jimmy is going to sign, and they may already be at their ceiling. They're going to likely have a max deal with Butler who will be on the decline. Embiid is fantastic. Fultz looks broken, and Ben is likely at a near ceiling if he insists on not shooting outside the paint.

I just don't see a great team there.

Boston still has a ton of assets. I'm worried about what they might be able to go out and acquire.

Comment

• Alright JV is hilarious.

Last edited by jacobdr4; Sat Nov 10, 2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• On to more important things:

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              Just as a thought experiment.. what would people's reactions be if the Raptors had traded OG and Green (and a second) for Butler (and Patton)?
                              I'd be a hard no on that. It's about time we SIGNED a superstar here for Kawhi instead of trading players and pics

Comment

The Clippers are the worst franchise in the NBA. If i was an NBA player, LAC is the last place i would want to go to.

Lakers and the Knicks are my top 2.
                                Philly had max room for Kawhi too so this takes them out of the mix this summer.

Overreacting to things is what raptor fans do, but I see this as a positive to retain Kawhi. Philly uses their space, clippers lose a potential target to pair with Kawhi. Lakers are a circus and the raps are 11-1. Keep winning and winning solves everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X