Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #13: Toronto Raptors 128 (12-1) - New York Knicks 112 (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid, Simmons and Butler are a pretty nice big 3 on paper. We'll see how they mesh on the court...
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Butler is one of the Clippers main target next offseason right?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Embiid, Simmons and Butler are a pretty nice big 3 on paper. We'll see how they mesh on the court...
        They need shooting. They already lost Ilyasova and my boy Belinelli. Now Saric and Covington are also gone.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Will be interesting to see how Butler will fit into Phillys offense - This year, only 10% of Saric's and 4% of RoCo's points were unassisted - that is, they were often the kick-out threats on drives to the basket. This year, 62% of Butlers baskets came unassisted.

Comment

• Dario Saric and Covington were actually keep contributors. 76ers won the trade only because its usually the right move to get the best player in the trade. But we'll see, I still think Raptors could beat them in 6.

Comment

• Pretty much one of the most expected forms of a Butler trade. Philly was basically the only good team with the pieces to get something done (other than us if Minny was willing to entertain the idea of Ibaka, which seemed possible but unlikely).

They obviously weren't going to deal him in conference, and that left few options. Philly takes a risk but not a huge one. Saric and Covington are good players, but not stars. I think the only reason this didn't happen earlier was either Minny wanted to hold out and hope for a better offer (which never came), and/or Philly didn't want to take the risk until they saw what their team looked like (including if Embiid looked good health-wise once games started).

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Dario Saric and Covington were actually keep contributors. 76ers won the trade only because its usually the right move to get the best player in the trade. But we'll see, I still think Raptors could beat them in 6.
                Depending on the floor personnel, when Simmons looks to drive the ball into the paint, opponents can sag off him, daring him to shoot and reducing lanes - with less outside threats, means that you can bring help defenders into the paint as well, with less risk on the kick out three

Comment

• I don't see this working out. Fultz and Simmons can't shoot and they traded away 2 shooters.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    I don't see this working out. Fultz and Simmons can't shoot and they traded away 2 shooters.
                    And when it hits crunch time, who's likely going to be getting most of the touches?

Comment

• Probably good news in terms of resigning Kawhi. One less star available to team up with in LA.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• This'll be ugly. Unless Redick starts, you can sag off Fultz/Butler/Simmons/Embiid and get away with it.

Covington and Saric, while not stars, were imperative to being relief/catch-&-shoot threats for Simmons' driving lanes and Embiid's post-ups.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Just as a thought experiment.. what would people's reactions be if the Raptors had traded OG and Green (and a second) for Butler (and Patton)?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Just as a thought experiment.. what would people's reactions be if the Raptors had traded OG and Green (and a second) for Butler (and Patton)?
                            Hell no.

Comment

• If the NBA was a 4 on 4 league, Sixers would be super scary rolling out Embiid/Butler/Simmons/Redick. Thankfully, they don't have a great fifth at the moment.

I don't love this move for Philly long term. They're going to be backing up the Brinks truck for Butler, and his timeline doesn't jive great with Simmons/Embiid.

Also get a feeling that we could see chemistry issues with Simmons and Butler. Butler's an ass, and Simmons doesn't seem like someone who would deal with that quietly. The jockeying for the alpha position between this big three is going to be fascinating to watch.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Just as a thought experiment.. what would people's reactions be if the Raptors had traded OG and Green (and a second) for Butler (and Patton)?
                                If you are 11-1 you don't do that trade. As the wise man Oakley once said "If it ain't broke, don't break it!".

Comment

Working...
                                X