Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #13: Toronto Raptors 128 (12-1) - New York Knicks 112 (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Listened to this on my drive home yesterday. The 'moneyball' aspect is interesting.

For anyone who can't listen, Locke suggests that Nurse is only allowing his good shooters to attempt any mid-range shots (Kawhi, Lowry, Serge, etc.). Everyone else is allowed 3s and layups only.

Will be interesting to see if this plays out during the season.
    It's funny, there's this big rave now about layups + 3's, and while those are indeed the best shots the offence ball movement should try to create, I also think that if you oversimplify things and narrow yourself too much on that, you can get in trouble.

Houston last year was extremely focused on this. The two times we played them, we didn't have too much trouble game-planning for that since that's all they did, and they lost. And we didn't even half of the defensive strength we have this year. Once we locked down the 3-shot and planted JV/Poeltl on the restricted area to take away the layups, their offence looked totally out of sorts, even though the midrange was wide open for them.

I like the balance/versatility we have better. Nothing wrong with some mid-range jimmys/floaters to keep the defence honest. Not the forced, end-of-the clock fadeaway crap over two defenders type of thing, but quality, open elbow shots out of the pick-n-pop for guys like Lowry/Kawhi/Serge. Those are like layups for those guys when it's done right.

Comment

Jv also has a really nice mid range/elbow jumper
      I wish hed use it more, the tim Duncan range.

Pet peeve of mine is he always hesitates on his open jumpers, both 2 and 3s. Like he goes up and thinks "should I?" Before he shoots. Hes waaaay more accurate when it's one motion. Catch, rise, release.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
        I only see 2 possible losses this month. In Boston & vs Golden State. Saying that they'll e pumped esp for GS. So u never know.
        EVERY team books a surprise loss now and again .....

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
          It's funny, there's this big rave now about layups + 3's, and while those are indeed the best shots the offence ball movement should try to create, I also think that if you oversimplify things and narrow yourself too much on that, you can get in trouble.

Houston last year was extremely focused on this. The two times we played them, we didn't have too much trouble game-planning for that since that's all they did, and they lost. And we didn't even half of the defensive strength we have this year. Once we locked down the 3-shot and planted JV/Poeltl on the restricted area to take away the layups, their offence looked totally out of sorts, even though the midrange was wide open for them.

I like the balance/versatility we have better. Nothing wrong with some mid-range jimmys/floaters to keep the defence honest. Not the forced, end-of-the clock fadeaway crap over two defenders type of thing, but quality, open elbow shots out of the pick-n-pop for guys like Lowry/Kawhi/Serge. Those are like layups for those guys when it's done right.
          I think Nurse just wants open 3s instead of open 2s.

Comment

Washington down 20 to Orlando. What a dumpster fire.

At this point if they are tanking maybe they keep their coach and play there starters as per usual. Lol. Awful.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Jv also has a really nice mid range/elbow jumper
              I wish hed use it more, the tim Duncan range.

Pet peeve of mine is he always hesitates on his open jumpers, both 2 and 3s. Like he goes up and thinks "should I?" Before he shoots. Hes waaaay more accurate when it's one motion. Catch, rise, release.
              I can swear in the year after he was drafted and continue playing in Luthuania and internationally I saw quite a bit of his game video... and he had no hesitation on his jumpers and offensive moves. He was also quick down the court. And then... they asked he become an NBA centre and Case was his coach. Now he has a stutter on all those moves you mentioned. I suppose he hears the Dwayne threat before he makes a jump shot now. He has been a compliant Raptor.

Comment

Hayward getting the boo treatment in Utah

Comment

Joe Ingles on fire against a team other than the Raptors

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Hayward getting the boo treatment in Utah
                    Utah is honestly brutal towards their ex players. I saw a lot of idiots on twitter last summer hoping he gets hurt when Hayward posted a tweet thanking Utah.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                      Utah is honestly brutal towards their ex players. I saw a lot of idiots on twitter last summer hoping he gets hurt when Hayward posted a tweet thanking Utah.
                      I think that's more a Twitter thing than a Utah thing.

Twitter is a cess pool
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Game Day
                        GAME Day
                        Game DAY!

3:00 EST start sucks but still .... GAME DAY!!!

Comment

• Game day! This season makes even two day breaks seem interminable.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3pm start, ugh. Hope I can catch some of the game today. Might have to rewatch on replay.

Comment

• Over/under for today's game? I want to see a Moose sighting and garbage time!

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                                Skip Bayless is unwatchable. He derails every discussion about the Raptors into 5 minutes of his repetitive hate-fest towards Kawhi. It's not even mildly entertaining, like Screamin' A Smith can be.... sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X