Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #13: Toronto Raptors 128 (12-1) - New York Knicks 112 (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I really think we should hit up the Cavs about dealing CJ for Korver.
    Man, I know CJ's had a tough start to the season, but I don't think I'd be able to stomach us exiling him to Cleveland
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Korver will be in demand, so I doubt Toronto can just get him for their own 2nd round pick (that'll probably be in the 57-60 range). CJ Miles is not a guy Cleveland will want at all. We have no firsts to offer.. and we already owe two 2nd rounders in the Kawhi deal. Might be too rich for Masai to keep giving those away.

I don't think Philly gets him. They won't have the trade capital to pull it off. Unless they want to get rid of someone like Chandler, or Muscala. Bayless would have been perfect, but they gave him to Minny in the Butler deal.

I would think the Lakers make the most sense. They have a bunch of 1 year contracts they can move (so the Cavs can get cap relief/space), and the Lakers have better picks.

Comment

• "I asked Joel Embiid about the Sixers' three-point shooting woes (20th in NBA in 3PT%). His explanation was simple: “Last year we had some really good shooters, and this year we don’t have them.” ....

-STILL don't have them

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          ...He's a better shooter then CJ but is also 7 yrs older. If the cavs are rebuilding anyway they might go for it.
          This kind of makes me wonder if the Raps can't get CJ back on track. I mean something has happened to put him in this condition. Is Nurse just giving him space to find his stroke again? Has anyone ever cratered like CJ did in terms of shooting % and the stayed there without a catastrophic injury? Why would we think he can't get his stroke back?

I think what they need to do is give him as much time as possible and feed him the ball in every game that is won by midway through the 4th quarter until he finds his groove. He can be a valuable player if he can get back on track.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Korver will be in demand, so I doubt Toronto can just get him for their own 2nd round pick (that'll probably be in the 57-60 range). CJ Miles is not a guy Cleveland will want at all. We have no firsts to offer.. and we already owe two 2nd rounders in the Kawhi deal. Might be too rich for Masai to keep giving those away.

I don't think Philly gets him. They won't have the trade capital to pull it off. Unless they want to get rid of someone like Chandler, or Muscala. Bayless would have been perfect, but they gave him to Minny in the Butler deal.

I would think the Lakers make the most sense. They have a bunch of 1 year contracts they can move (so the Cavs can get cap relief/space), and the Lakers have better picks.
            I can see the Lakers being a landing spot for him because of his championship history with Lebron, but the thing is, the Lakers is not a team Korver can help right now or in the future . Even with Lebron, they're too far from contention for him to move the needle now, and he can't help them in the future either, as he turns 38 this season. Lakers would be wasting picks. To me Korver at this stage of his career would only fit win-now teams, and there's only a handful of those.

Unfortunately for us, two teams that make a lot of sense for him are Philly and the Bucks. Philly because he precisely would address their lack of outside shooting, and Bucks because he would be a great fit the way Budenholzer is running that team. Korver killed us many times before, and I would hate for one of these two teams to get him, so that makes me want to pitch for him, even if it's just to drive the price up.

Best case scenario for the Raps would be him going West, or us getting him. I've got war flashbacks about this guy going off against us when he's on a relevant team.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              This kind of makes me wonder if the Raps can't get CJ back on track. I mean something has happened to put him in this condition. Is Nurse just giving him space to find his stroke again? Has anyone ever cratered like CJ did in terms of shooting % and the stayed there without a catastrophic injury? Why would we think he can't get his stroke back?

I think what they need to do is give him as much time as possible and feed him the ball in every game that is won by midway through the 4th quarter until he finds his groove. He can be a valuable player if he can get back on track.
              Yeah, I also believe he'll bounce back. A few things would help that happen, all of which easier in theory than for real:

1. He can't force his shot. Let the game come to him. Don't try to do too much to make up for not hitting open shots.
              2. Have him play a bit more together with Lowry & Green on the perimeter. Lowry and Green are our best outside shooters, and suck a ton of attention to them, which would allow more space/time for CJ not to rush his shot.
              3. Execute more plays that would get him open in the corner. Have him camp there all the time if necessary. Even if there's an opponent constantly glued to him there. Now it's a 4 on 4 offence, which means more space for everyone else. Start simple.
              4. He needs to play better (non fouling) defence. That way he can stay on the court longer and get in rhythm.

That said, we're rolling now. We're discussing the struggles of our 10th man here, so it's a not a vital thing. Though I'd love to see him bounce back of course.
              Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Nov 10, 2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yeah, he should have been fired a year earlier, but Colangelo let the pressure of COTY force him to keep Mitchell, a test Masai passed with flying colors.
                He wasn't COTY a year prior to that season. I don't know what you expected from him when he only had Rasho to guard a Magic team that had Dwight Howard (when he was good). Smitch was fired at 8-8 and was replaced with some idiot by the name of Jay Triano.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  He wasn't COTY a year prior to that season. I don't know what you expected from him when he only had Rasho to guard a Magic team that had Dwight Howard (when he was good). Smitch was fired at 8-8 and was replaced with some idiot by the name of Jay Triano.
                  The replacement was worse, another accomplishment for BC. But Smitch was not a good coach. Triano being awful doesn't change that.

Ah, you are right. He should have been fired two years earlier.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

When do we play a tough team? Feels like too many crappy teams so far this season.
                    That's cause almost every team is crappy when you're this good
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, he should have been fired a year earlier, but Colangelo let the pressure of COTY force him to keep Mitchell, a test Masai passed with flying colors.
                      Bc cares about that type of thing. Media, what's written about him, etc. Its his undoing. Same reason he dealt basically Tatum AND another lottery pick for fultz. He had to put his mark on the team cause he couldn't accept hinkie getting all the praise
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                        I can see the Lakers being a landing spot for him because of his championship history with Lebron, but the thing is, the Lakers is not a team Korver can help right now or in the future . Even with Lebron, they're too far from contention for him to move the needle now, and he can't help them in the future either, as he turns 38 this season. Lakers would be wasting picks. To me Korver at this stage of his career would only fit win-now teams, and there's only a handful of those.

Unfortunately for us, two teams that make a lot of sense for him are Philly and the Bucks. Philly because he precisely would address their lack of outside shooting, and Bucks because he would be a great fit the way Budenholzer is running that team. Korver killed us many times before, and I would hate for one of these two teams to get him, so that makes me want to pitch for him, even if it's just to drive the price up.

Best case scenario for the Raps would be him going West, or us getting him. I've got war flashbacks about this guy going off against us when he's on a relevant team.
                        I don't think Philly has the assets to pull off a trade anymore. So I don't really think they are in the running for him (or really anyone), unless the Cavs buy him out. But I suspect the Cavs will have a market for him and should be able to get at least a second rounder for him.

Bucks are a good candidate for him.. but looking at their trade pieces the only trade I could come up with is Korver for Dellavedova plus maybe a second rounder.

Dellavedova has another year on his books, but is a former Cav. Maybe the Cavs would take him on for a year? Hill is a free agent after this year (well has only $1M guaranteed next year) so they could use a replacement.

Philly's best option to get a shooter is in the buy out market. I don't think Korver lasts that long. But guys like Frye or even Ariza might.

Watch for Ariza to get moved to a contender for dirt cheap. He's the guy I'd be trying to get.. but will have to wait until March.

Comment

• Philly has a ton of picks to deal. Assuming Boston gets the Kings pick, Philly will have all their own picks, 2 good 2019 2nds (Kings and Bulls), 2 extra 2020 2nds, Miami's 2021 1st plus 3 extra 2nds, and an extra 2023 2nd.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I don't think Philly has the assets to pull off a trade anymore. So I don't really think they are in the running for him (or really anyone), unless the Cavs buy him out. But I suspect the Cavs will have a market for him and should be able to get at least a second rounder for him.

Bucks are a good candidate for him.. but looking at their trade pieces the only trade I could come up with is Korver for Dellavedova plus maybe a second rounder.

Dellavedova has another year on his books, but is a former Cav. Maybe the Cavs would take him on for a year? Hill is a free agent after this year (well has only $1M guaranteed next year) so they could use a replacement.

Philly's best option to get a shooter is in the buy out market. I don't think Korver lasts that long. But guys like Frye or even Ariza might.

Watch for Ariza to get moved to a contender for dirt cheap. He's the guy I'd be trying to get.. but will have to wait until March.
                            Sixers still need more shooting and I could see them making a trade with the Clippers for Gallo. Clipper could be interested because Gallo is the last big contract they have left capspace that the Clippers have left that doesn't expire this off-season. It would give them massive capspace to go after Durant, Kawhi and maybe another top guy. Wilson Chandler + Muscala gets it done.

Comment

• Fuck Dwane Casey. I hope we pound the pistons by 50+ points.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Sixers still need more shooting and I could see them making a trade with the Clippers for Gallo. Clipper could be interested because Gallo is the last big contract they have left capspace that the Clippers have left that doesn't expire this off-season. It would give them massive capspace to go after Durant, Kawhi and maybe another top guy. Wilson Chandler + Muscala gets it done.
                                I hope they do make that trade.. That would really thin them out. Their depth is pretty bad as it is.. and that would make it worse.

Honestly in my opinion they really should look to move Fultz for a shooter. They should have a lot more options if they made him available. For example, Korver for Fultz works straight up. But how often do you see a 37 year old guy being traded for a 20 year old that was a former first overall pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X