Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #14 Toronto Raptors 110 (12-2) - New Orleans Pelicans 126 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #14 Toronto Raptors 110 (12-2) - New Orleans Pelicans 126 (7-6)

Toronto Raptors

Kyle Lowry

Danny Green

Kawhi Leonard

Pascal Siakam

Serge Ibaka

New Orleans Pelicans

E'Twaun Moore

Jrue Holiday

Wesley Johnson

Anthony Davis

Julius Randle

Game Notes:
    • The Toronto Raptors returned home on Saturday night after a perfect road trip out West. They defeated the New York Knicks to bring their record up to 12-1, currently the only team in the league with one loss so far.
    • Pascal Siakam continues to impress with his incredible leap in production, leading the team in scoring against New York with 23 points.
    • Jonas Valanciunas had a double double of 19 points and 10 rebounds with only 21 minutes on the floor, once again showcasing his efficiency in limited minutes.
    • With Demarcus Cousins leaving the New Orleans Pelicans, the Pels have brought in some promising young talent to make up for Cousins' departure. Julius Randle is currently averaging 18.0 points and 7.9 rebounds for the season, and recorded 22 points and 15 rebounds in their win against the Phoenix Suns.
    OG is our king

Consmap going for lucky number 7! Big Davis is gonna be a tough matchup starting at the 4..good experience for Pascal
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This will be a fun one. Eager to see how Nurse gameplans for AD.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Consmap going for lucky number 7! Big Davis is gonna be a tough matchup starting at the 4..good experience for Pascal
        If ever the Raps were to start big, this is the game.

Failing that, I'd think Pascal gets the Randle assignment and Serge takes Davis, out the gate at least.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hate to say it, but I don't see the Pelicans (top 10 worst names in pro sports) falling under .500
          If the Raptors handle them easily, that would be impressive. Go Raps!

Comment

This is the media make or break week for Toronto. In reality a loss or two would be fine, BUT if they do lose to the Pelicans,. or the Celtics, the media will be all over them...as in, write them off and annoint the 76er's the best team ever to play.

Big week.

Comment

I'm curious if Pascal is going to go right at Davis like he did in preseason.

Comment

Nice to see a game against a quality opponent. Also happy to see that the game has a respectable start time.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Celtics-Blazers (in Portland) tonight is juicy af. We could be playing the Celtics on Friday having a 5 game lead (or more). Great stuff.

Comment

Butler trade doesn't scare me. Some of David Fisdale's comments (in the morning coffee section) are why. The Raptors aren't just good....they might be great. Championship great. If the emergence of Pascal and OG is really happening simultaneously and Danny Green is healthy and Serge revitalized and Kyle having his best year at 32 and Kawhi just back to his baseline.....this team is far, far better than we thought. I'm looking forward to the big games because I feel like the Raptors are going to play a lot better than they have been. Having stronger competition in the east is probably good to keep the Raptors sharp and improving. No matter what Toronto or Milwaukee do the media are going to keep blowing the trumpet about Boston and Philly. Right through to the eastern final (Raptors over Bucks in five) and the NBA Final (Raptors win in 7 over Golden State). This is a very special team. Not just the talent level but the way in which the players compliment each other and in the obvious low key camaraderie and professionalism. No more goofy post game antics....actually some thoughtful comments and respect for the interviewer. Danny Green is a fine model for that. Green and Kawhi after all have won a championship; against a team that looked invincible. They were giving Golden State all they could handle two years ago with a team far less talented than the current Raptors, until Zaza trashed Kawhi's ankle. In fact; I think this Raptors team is more talented than ANY of the Spurs teams those guys played on. Kawhi would be a fool to leave this franchise and I don't think he's a fool.

Comment

Beneperez wrote: View Post
                        Celtics-Blazers (in Portland) tonight is juicy af. We could be playing the Celtics on Friday having a 5 game lead (or more). Great stuff.

I'm quite enjoying the Blazers thus far. Inconsistent though; tending to rise and fall on the jump shots of Lillard and McCollum. I think they'll trash the Celtics who I'm starting to think are a wee bit overrated. Or maybe they just have too many of the same kind of player.

Comment

I think the trade may have a just move the needle a tad bit for the Sixers but they still are Ilyasova and Belinelli away to be true contenders.

As far as them having Butler facing the Raptors, we have the best wing defenders to limit Jimmy. Gone are the days when Butler would sneeze on the Raptors Shooting Guard.

Comment

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              This is the media make or break week for Toronto. In reality a loss or two would be fine, BUT if they do lose to the Pelicans,. or the Celtics, the media will be all over them...as in, write them off and annoint the 76er's the best team ever to play.

Big week.
                              Half the posters on here will too
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Nov 11, 2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X