Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #14 Toronto Raptors 110 (12-2) - New Orleans Pelicans 126 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks are really impressing me this year. That win last night was super tough. Second game of B2B after losing in OT the night before.. against a really hard home team (that's doing great this year).

They've now beaten the Warriors, Raptors and the Nuggets and now have a 6 game home stand with no B2B's.

I could easily seeing them get the #1 seed.

Comment

Automatic win.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Bucks are really impressing me this year. That win last night was super tough. Second game of B2B after losing in OT the night before.. against a really hard home team (that's doing great this year).

They've now beaten the Warriors, Raptors and the Nuggets and now have a 6 game home stand with no B2B's.

Still thikn they're the 4th best team in the Conf.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Coach Bud is their Game Genie, he's cracked the code and unlocked that team.

Should be noted GS had no Draymond and Steph left mid-game, the Raps game was sans Kawhi or Giannis, and the Nuggets have dropped 3 straight after their hot start, but still. Really good wins and a great start, they kind of feel like Boston last season - a good team winning a bit more than you think they should but what can you say if they just keep winning? Not much.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Coach Bud is their Game Genie, he's cracked the code and unlocked that team.

Should be noted GS had no Draymond and Steph left mid-game, the Raps game was sans Kawhi or Giannis, and the Nuggets have dropped 3 straight after their hot start, but still. Really good wins and a great start, they kind of feel like Boston last season - a good team winning a bit more than you think they should but what can you say if they just keep winning? Not much.
            Yeah, that sucks. We can probably forget about Giannis to Toronto in 2020. Bud should keep Giannis happy enough to 'accept' the supermax. Our best hope is that the Bucks somehow lose again in the first round for the next few years.

Comment

I've watched some Bucks games this year. Lopez is not going to maintain Klay Thompsonesque shooting. He also sucks at everything else.

Regular season success is very important to the Bucks, to show Giannis they're serious about winning. I think the better teams will see enough of a sample size now that they can exploit what the Bucks are doing.

Plus Bud's face looks like he's always about to cry.

Comment

Here's a new one I hadn't heard..
                Per the report, the Jazz had an inside track on prying Lowry from the Toronto Raptors, but feared that inking him to a high-dollar deal would impede their ability to re-up with Hayward from a financial standpoint.

Here’s the scoop, via The Salt Lake Tribune —

According to multiple Tribune sources, the Jazz spoke extensively to Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry’s representatives about bringing the All-Star point guard to Utah. After those discussions, the Jazz felt confident about their ability to land Lowry, but chose to pull out of any potential deal because signing Lowry would have required cap space earmarked for the Hayward. Lowry signed a new deal with the Raptors on July 3.
                Damn, Lowry was really shopping in summer 17. Basically looks like he would have signed with San Antonio or Utah if the offer was there. Don't forget this was right after the first Cleveland sweep, momentum was really drying up here, Tucker and Patterson were out the door, and it looked like a real stale environment.

Still makes it a tad hypocritical to be so upset about Demar in summer 18 AFTER second consecutive sweep, when Raptors org was just trying to get rid of the playoff failure
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Damn, Lowry was really shopping in summer 17. Basically looks like he would have signed with San Antonio or Utah if the offer was there. Don't forget this was right after the first Cleveland sweep, momentum was really drying up here, Tucker and Patterson were out the door, and it looked like a real stale environment.

Still makes it a tad hypocritical to be so upset about Demar in summer 18 AFTER second consecutive sweep, when Raptors org was just trying to get rid of the playoff failure
                  that's why I don't buy that he was upset in the first place. Just being there for a friend.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Lowry & Toronto are a marriage of convenience. You can feel that. That's one reason why the fans have never warmed up to him in the same way as DeMar. But hey, we're getting our money's worth, at least in the regular season.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      that's why I don't buy that he was upset in the first place. Just being there for a friend.
                      Nah. Lowry wasn't upset about DeMar being traded. He was pissed that Masai publicly said "I game THEM chances." Them being... Casey, DeMar and Lowry.

Comment

And don't forget Minnesota. That was near done as well.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Nah. Lowry wasn't upset about DeMar being traded. He was pissed that Masai publicly said "I game THEM chances." Them being... Casey, DeMar and Lowry.
                          And he would be right to be mad in that case. Masai pursued them in free agency and resigned Casey.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

These idiots are really going to hype OG as the next Kawhi lol and a lot of the people here i bet are going to fall for it just like when the same media compared Wiggins to LeBron and called him the next big thing.

All you need to do is youtube Kawhi's college games, not even his rookie year in San Antonio. Just watch his games at San Diego State. There is ZERO comparison.

The ONLY similarities between Kawhi and OG is that they're both big SF's.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                              I've watched some Bucks games this year. Lopez is not going to maintain Klay Thompsonesque shooting. He also sucks at everything else.

Regular season success is very important to the Bucks, to show Giannis they're serious about winning. I think the better teams will see enough of a sample size now that they can exploit what the Bucks are doing.

Plus Bud's face looks like he's always about to cry.
                              Actually Lopez, like his brother, is one of the masters of the box out. That's why his teams rebound better, and sometimes massively better, with him on the court than off.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                                These idiots are really going to hype OG as the next Kawhi lol and a lot of the people here i bet are going to fall for it just like when the same media compared Wiggins to LeBron and called him the next big thing.

All you need to do is youtube Kawhi's college games, not even his rookie year in San Antonio. Just watch his games at San Diego State. There is ZERO comparison.

The ONLY similarities between Kawhi and OG is that they're both big SF's.

OGs a better shooter than KL in college.

Comment

Working...
                                X