Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Draymond. You get slapped for bs like that. At least you're right about one thing, KD is a bitch.

Comment

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Can't speak to Casey's character and as much as I disagreed with many of his in-game and strategic coaching decisions, who am I to argue with a professional NBA coach who is now getting paid $7M a year, for the next 5 years. Having said that, I believe the Raptors are in better hands.

Why I interjected into this conversation. My daughter's husband got a promotion and was transferred to the Durham region. The move was being handled by a specialty firm that does a lot of high level moves for corporations. The crew that came to move them were all wearing Raptors gear. When asked about it the guys said the gear was gifts from coach Casey, who they moved to detroit (this team did the packing and another team unloaded).

They said there was no doubt that Casey was the nicest client they had ever worked for: down to earth, humble, straightforward and respectful of the guys. If these guys had been a choir they would have been singing the "Halleluja Chorus" over Casey. Just thought it was an interesting anecdote.
        Giving away free Raptor stuff is just another way of saying "hey guys be extra careful with my stuff" .... lol good for Coach Casey, I'm sure the movers were thrilled
        Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Nov 13, 2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I wonder if Casey will see if he can exploit what the Pelicans exposed. He doesn't have a guard like Jrue, but if he can get dribble penetration then he has the horse to be the points in the post.

Comment

Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            I wonder if Casey will see if he can exploit what the Pelicans exposed. He doesn't have a guard like Jrue, but if he can get dribble penetration then he has the horse to be the points in the post.
            The Pistons are a long way away from the Pellies. Raps just need to focus and destroy them

Comment

Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
              Reggie Bullock for the Gerald Henderson award.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                When I fucked up my knee in high school (partially torn MCL, torn ACL), it took me over a year just to figure out how to walk/run properly again without a limp ... can only imagine what a wonky shoulder for that long would do to a shot.
                Plus i mean its gotta be hard playing in the NBA once your confidence is shot. Like at no other time were these guys so under the microscope. Some guys can deal with it some struggle. Dude really needs to go fuck up the d league for a couple weeks stress free

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Plus i mean its gotta be hard playing in the NBA once your confidence is shot. Like at no other time were these guys so under the microscope. Some guys can deal with it some struggle. Dude really needs to go fuck up the d league for a couple weeks stress free
                  Exactly. I'm hearing they'll probably move him to the bench, and I think that is a fine idea.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    When I fucked up my knee in high school (partially torn MCL, torn ACL), it took me over a year just to figure out how to walk/run properly again without a limp ... can only imagine what a wonky shoulder for that long would do to a shot.
                    This thing with Fultz is tough to comprehend.

The kid played well enough in his last year at Washington that he was a front runner for the first pick wire to wire. He couldn't have shot the ball like we are seeing now during that season. Its not like he wasn't a consensus top 3 pick from the get go. Scouts watch pretty much every game either live or on tape.

Then he did the pre draft workouts for Philly and say what you will they liked what they saw and he must have made all the shots they put him through... He must have made a lot of them as whatever the Philly execs saw it was enough form to warrant moving up to the first pick and paying a premium for it.

BC is a favourite whipping boy but pretty much every scout / talent evaluator / coach and exec would be in the gym watching Fultz do his thing and they didn't flinch...

Which begs the question everyone is asking .. what the hell happened between June 2017 and now.

Fultzs shooting form and success rate looks as bad as DeAndre Jordan at the FT line 5 years ago. He is every bit the athlete he was in the NCAA except he can't shoot the ball anymore with a high degree of success.

FWIW I think Philly sticks with this guy for the duration of his ELC hoping they can help him find his way...Spittballing and not rumour mongering here but does this have tinges of anxiety / depression issues ?
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 13, 2018, 10:59 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Wouldn't this be a good game to start Ibaka + JV?

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        I don't see it happening once all year.

It's a good game to start JV though. Drummond is his bitch
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The kid played well enough in his last year at Washington that he was a front runner for the first pick wire to wire. He couldn't have shot the ball like we are seeing now during that season. Its not like he wasn't a consensus top 3 pick from the get go. Scouts watch pretty much every game either live or on tape.

Then he did the pre draft workouts for Philly and say what you will they liked what they saw and he must have made all the shots they put him through... He must have made a lot of them as whatever the Philly execs saw it was enough form to warrant moving up to the first pick and paying a premium for it.

BC is a favourite whipping boy but pretty much every scout / talent evaluator / coach and exec would be in the gym watching Fultz do his thing and they didn't flinch...

Which begs the question everyone is asking .. what the hell happened between June 2017 and now.

Fultzs shooting form and success rate looks as bad as DeAndre Jordan at the FT line 5 years ago. He is every bit the athlete he was in the NCAA except he can't shoot the ball anymore with a high degree of success.

FWIW I think Philly sticks with this guy for the duration of his ELC hoping they can help him find his way...Spittballing and not rumour mongering here but does this have tinges of anxiety / depression issues ?
                          Dude was Washingtons whole offense. Threes off the dribble, acrobatic finishes, midrange, good vision, the whole bit. I genuinely believe it was an injury turned mental thing. I hope he figures it out, too sad watching this happen to anyone.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            I was just wondering this myself. Don’t think we’ll see them start together — but they haven’t even played a single minute yet together this season, I feel like that’s right, no? Wonder if we’ll see them on the floor together at all this game. Not a lot of other teams that have bruisers at the 4 & 5 like D-troit... this would be the time.

Does Moose get any run against the squad he started with? .... Will it have to be garbage time? .... probably.

Let’s destroy them.

Comment

Golden state at home having trouble with Atlanta. Durant is overrated. When currys not there they're just another pretty good team
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I followed this pretty closely. My best guess is that he overtrained after the draft and injured his shoulder.

https://www.stack.com/a/potential-no...n-recent-photo

This led to him overcompensating to the point where he had a muscular imbalance as verified by a couple of doctors. Shortly thereafter he had the cortisone injection.

Since then I think it's shifted from a physical issue to a mostly mental one. There was so much pressure and scrutiny that even though he healed, he got inside his own head.

You can see when he does running pullups his form is much better. It's when he has to spot up or take free throws that his mind gets in the way and the shot gets real janky.

I don't think there is clinical depression or anxiety going on but I do think he is very sensitive... Kid needs to get off of social media and block out all the noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X