Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think nurse must have complained about Casey to masai at some point towards the end and it got back to dwane. Only thing I can think of for it to make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure nick would stab dwane to get his shot at head coaching in the nba, a lifetime obsession
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think nurse must have complained about Casey to masai at some point towards the end and it got back to dwane. Only thing I can think of for it to make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure nick would stab dwane to get his shot at head coaching in the nba, a lifetime obsession
      ya hearing these quotes from casey today something must have went down behind the scenes. Its not that weird for an asst coach to interview for a vacant job. Rex and Stack both had interviews. What if one of them got the job would casey be throwing shade like this? i dont think so. this is personal between nick and Dwayne something went down in that Cleveland series that we will likely never know. Odd for casey usually such a classy guy to be so outspoken about someone like this. I dont expect to see a post game handshake between the two unless we lose maybe and casey come to gloat. Or maybe we see the first even head coach fistacuffs. Remember that time dwayne was yelling at bud "fuck you" at the end of the hawks game last year? wonder how pissed he woulda been in coach bud got the job?
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Yeah Casey throwing mad shade. Unwilling to give nurse any credit, just the fact Kawhi and Danny are here.

I mean, I dont think hes that wrong either.

Comment

• Do you think Zaza is going to try to injure Kawhi
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Casey gonna case.

Q:> Have you noticed any changes with the Raptors?

Casey:> Changes, I don’t know about changes. I’d say the additions of Leonard and Danny Green have been great. I love DeMar. DeMar is like a son to me. You hate to see what happened to him. It’s the NBA, he’ll tell you that. That’s part of our league. You’ve got the additions of Danny and Kawhi Leonard, two starters on a championship team, defenders. Those are the additions more so than changes because I see the same plays that we ran the last four, five years being run. Not a lot of changes from that standpoint.

Comment

Yeah Casey throwing mad shade. Unwilling to give nurse any credit, just the fact Kawhi and Danny are here.

I mean, I dont think hes that wrong either.
              Hes wrong. Theres a reason why Nurse was given most of the credit for last years revamp offense. Even Kevin Durant gave props to Nick Nurse (NOT Casey) for showing them stuff during All-star weekend (Source: Bill Simmons Podcast).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Casey gonna case.

Casey:> Changes, I don’t know about changes. I’d say the additions of Leonard and Danny Green have been great. I love DeMar. DeMar is like a son to me. You hate to see what happened to him. It’s the NBA, he’ll tell you that. That’s part of our league. You’ve got the additions of Danny and Kawhi Leonard, two starters on a championship team, defenders. Those are the additions more so than changes because I see the same plays that we ran the last four, five years being run. Not a lot of changes from that standpoint.
                If his offensive plays are only:

Dribble ball up the floor and try to score.

Then yes the plays are the same for everyone.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Casey gonna case.

I mean its not like the Raptors went from bottom 5 in assists to top 5 last season and Nurse was the reason behind the offensive changes. Nah nothing changed...

Comment

I think nurse must have complained about Casey to masai at some point towards the end and it got back to dwane. Only thing I can think of for it to make sense.

I remember after the final game of the CLE series, in Casey's post game press conference, he threw his assistants under the bus for the Bebe substitution at the end of Q2. Wonder if there was a confrontation after that, or that was just a continuation of an already fracturing relationship.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Stabbing wasn't too difficult. All Nurse had to do was recite the #FireCasey thread his exit interview with Masai.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I remember after the final game of the CLE series, in Casey's post game press conference, he threw his assistants under the bus for the Bebe substitution at the end of Q2. Wonder if there was a confrontation after that, or that was just a continuation of an already fracturing relationship.
                        I think there was already a fracture before that. Not long before though. Game 2 maybe

Comment

• 3/5th of the starting lineup has changed, the new best player has been either sitting out or looking off for about half the games played, Siakam was just named EC PotW for the first time ever, Kyle Lowry is leading the league in assists and at a career high assist rate by miles (the same Kyle Lowry who was point guard of a team that "doesn't have the personnel to pass" per Dwane Casey), Serge Ibaka is having a renaissance when we all thought he was actually 65 years old, the bench mob doesn't exist anymore, Danny Green came over and is having a career year shooting the 3 ball, JV's per 36 numbers are insane career and league leading efficiency highs, and the Raptors are off to a franchise best start to the season. But everything is more or less the same per Dwane Salty Casey. Apparently things like this just happen by themselves, which causes one to question why we have NBA coaches at all.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• the thing is I don't see Casey getting fired and nurse getting the job as related at all. everyone knew Casey was probably gone with the way the cle series went. he got let go then we had a interview process. Rex applied stack applied messina coach bud. by all reports we offered bud the job but he liked Milwaukee better. Masia decided nick was the next best candidate what was he supposed to do turn the job down cause he used to work for Casey? by all reports nick also was getting looks for other head coaching jobs to. it not like he got here riding Casey coat tails he's a head coach in the league people have been saying it for years. if Casey stays nicks likely leave and gets a job somewhere else... maybe even in Detroit lol
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, for all of Casey's celebrated classiness, that was one character flaw that persisted through the years. He just didn't know how to handle criticism or publicly accept his share of the blame very well. Masai was always the one to face the media and say... "put it on me" when we exited the playoffs via sweep (3 out of the last 4 years).

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                the thing is I don't see Casey getting fired and nurse getting the job as related at all. everyone knew Casey was probably gone with the way the cle series went. he got let go then we had a interview process. Rex applied stack applied messina coach bud. by all reports we offered bud the job but he liked Milwaukee better. Masia decided nick was the next best candidate what was he supposed to do turn the job down cause he used to work for Casey? by all reports nick also was getting looks for other head coaching jobs to. it not like he got here riding Casey coat tails he's a head coach in the league people have been saying it for years. if Casey stays nicks likely leave and gets a job somewhere else... maybe even in Detroit lol
                                This is the thing. If Casey got fired it's because Ujiri thought he deserved it - and after that 2nd round sweep, there was certainly rationale for it. It won't be because of behind the scenes he said/he said situation, these guys aren't in elementary school.

For Casey to be blaming Ujiri and Nurse for his job loss is one of the most Casey things ever. He did many good things his years here, he also very regularly deflected blame - at least to the media.

*Edit: golden beat me to it

*Also edit: if I'm at those games, I standing O Casey and DeRozan when they come to town, but if those guys keep throwing shade at the team I'm rooting for, they become the enemy pretty quick. We're all cheering for laundry and those guys have the wrong coloured shirts on now.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X