Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man these post game quotes are great.

I actually wish the Pistons had a better roster so this could be a legit rivalry. But their guard rotation is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      the narrative is already set. the William Lous of raptor media have been blaming raptor bigs for others mistakes for years.
      I've rewatched it like 15 times. OG and Siakam did a really poor job communicating through the screens and both ended up thinking Griffin was their cover. It messed everything up. Bullock cut to the far side as Drummond rolled on the strong side. There's no right cover for JV there and a fading Bullock shot, even if not well contested, is probably better than a Drummond dunk/layup.

Comment

• As usual the game wasn't lost on the last play.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• so why does defense suck?
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Well the Jimmy Butler Sixers just lost to a very similar 4th quarter comeback by the Magic so at least there's that I guess.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                Casey got his revenge now it's DeMar's turn who you know is actually outplaying Kawhi this year.
                On one end of the floor... per usual.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  so why does defense suck?
                  Defense wasn't even that bad. We held them to less than 110.

Comment

• I wanted to win this one so bad, but this is typical Casey. He'll win in the regular season.

Also can they stop playing FVV so much? He is not good at all, on defense or offense. He dribbles way to much with no intention to score or create a basket.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

*Looks at the standings....

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I've rewatched it like 15 times. OG and Siakam did a really poor job communicating through the screens and both ended up thinking Griffin was their cover. It messed everything up. Bullock cut to the far side as Drummond rolled on the strong side. There's no right cover for JV there and a fading Bullock shot, even if not well contested, is probably better than a Drummond dunk/layup.
                        yeah, the play was blown when Siakam went the wrong way.

I have no illusions about JV being a great defender. He's not the guy who is going to save you from your mistakes in that scenario.

But having played the 5 I'm sick and fucking tired of these hot-take merchants on Twitter who only seem to pay attention to the final 2 seconds of any given play and don't really realize how often bigs get stranded.

Comment

• I know it's still early, but I'm still trying to figure out if we're actually trying to establish an identity beyond "we're really talented and deep". We play a lot of my turn-your turn offence, and even if it can result in good looks it's not really a good look as a system.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, can someone have a talk with FVV? He is trying way too hard. I don't know if he's still hurting and so trying to overcompensate, or bought into his own hype from last year a bit and is trying to show he can get to another level. Don't know what the cause is, but he's the opposite of steady these days. Can't trust him from possession to possession. Maybe it's a unit thing, too. The bench looks have generally not been great and maybe he is having to shoulder too much responsibility.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            I wanted to win this one so bad, but this is typical Casey. He'll win in the regular season.

Also can they stop playing FVV so much? He is not good at all, on defense or offense. He dribbles way to much with no intention to score or create a basket.
                            The thing is he was never like this. He would maybe get bogged down a couple times in a game last season but overall it wasn't like this. I don't know when he became Cory Joseph just bounding the air out of the ball and not being able to create for himself or anyone else.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I know it's still early, but I'm still trying to figure out if we're actually trying to establish an identity beyond "we're really talented and deep". We play a lot of my turn-your turn offence, and even if it can result in good looks it's not really a good look as a system.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, can someone have a talk with FVV? He is trying way too hard. I don't know if he's still hurting and so trying to overcompensate, or bought into his own hype from last year a bit and is trying to show he can get to another level. Don't know what the cause is, but he's the opposite of steady these days. Can't trust him from possession to possession. Maybe it's a unit thing, too. The bench looks have generally not been great and maybe he is having to shoulder too much responsibility.
                              He bought into his own hype. He even wears that stupid FVV chain. He over dribbles and never fights through screens.

Comment

I know it's still early, but I'm still trying to figure out if we're actually trying to establish an identity beyond "we're really talented and deep". We play a lot of my turn-your turn offence, and even if it can result in good looks it's not really a good look as a system.

Yea we don't have an identity at all so far this season.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X