Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
    FVV is alright in my book. Had a break out season last year, did a ton for us, was in the run for 6th man of the year, and now it's going to rough stretch under a new coach and usually playing on a lineup that no longer has Siakam, Poeltl or good Wright.

Not an excuse of course, he's gotta adapt, but changes in system/personel affect PG's the most, and not everyone can adapt as seamless and quickly as Lowry. It's a slump for sure, but until he actually has a bad year like Powell did to offset what he did last year, I personally won't pass judgment on the guy because he's had some bad games. Kid is winner and leader, and I'll be hoping he bounces back.
    Tend to agree, without Poeltl and Siakam...it seems FVV is showing some vulnerability. But for Nurse to have him defend a much bigger and more athletic guard is totally not his fault. Nurse playing two midgets against the biggest 1-2 backcourts is just idiotic

Comment

• Torassic1 wrote: View Post
      Wow...looks like the basketball world is in the upside down tonight.
      It's called "random November nights". Every good team, even championship teams, will be caught napping every now and them, and have a string of of bad nights here and there. It's a long season. We see this every year. sometimes is complacency, sometimes is tiredness, sometimes is mental, sometimes is just the other team being hungrier and trying to prove something. I actually like a bit of unpredictability. The NBA doesn't have enough of that. It's bad enough the GSW winning is a foregone conclusion lately. Nothing wrong seeing the underdog put up a fight from time to time to keep everyone humble.

Comment

• I think everyone would have been happy if wed know wed be at 12-3 (except fury)

Probably get more outta this loss than any

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          I think everyone would have been happy if wed know wed be at 12-3 (except fury)

Probably get more outta this loss than any
          I hope this can be a teaching game...but we'll see how things go over the next little while. We've been a bit sloppy all season and the last few games quite a bit worse, and we're also getting casual with leads.

Comment

• Losses are not bad. It's about how we lose and how we win. We win purely by talent.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Also, to add to discussion on the last possession, what the hell are we doing with the way Lowry is on the inbounder (Jose) here? He basically ends up almost in the corner from all his jumping around by the time the play develops, and is in no position to do anything. He's also a small guy who doesn't have good length.

If he's going to be on the ball, he can't be focused on just Jose. That's pointless. Kyle's best asset isn't his length, it's making reads and he had his back to the action. You can be passive on the ballhandler and position yourself to watch him and the action, and the coach can emphasize that. Or, you could have him actually guard someone on the court, and use any one of OG, Siakam or even Kawhi on the inbounder with their size/length. Or just take him out altogether for Delon, or anyone except FVV really. Kyle jumping around the baseline is literally the most useless thing they could have him do. Might as well have had Monroe in there doing that. At least he's bigger.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Also, to add to discussion on the last possession, what the hell are we doing with the way Lowry is on the inbounder (Jose) here? He basically ends up almost in the corner from all his jumping around by the time the play develops, and is in no position to do anything. He's also a small guy who doesn't have good length.

If he's going to be on the ball, he can't be focused on just Jose. That's pointless. Kyle's best asset isn't his length, it's making reads and he had his back to the action. You can be passive on the ballhandler and position yourself to watch him and the action, and the coach can emphasize that. Or, you could have him actually guard someone on the court, and use any one of OG, Siakam or even Kawhi on the inbounder with their size/length. Or just take him out altogether for Delon, or anyone except FVV really. Kyle jumping around the baseline is literally the most useless thing they could have him do. Might as well have had Monroe in there doing that. At least he's bigger.
                yeah Casey always put a lanky dude on inbounder I don't know why we went with Lowry. And if you're Lowry you can't let them inbound under the basket.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  It was a tribute, of course. Nothing but good juju here. RIP Stan Lee.
                  There is never a good juju with someone who just died. You've been warned Goldblum!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    yeah Casey always put a lanky dude on inbounder I don't know why we went with Lowry. And if you're Lowry you can't let them inbound under the basket.
                    Yeah, I would think you want him cutting off the baseline pass to the rim, and probably standing at an angle where he can see a good chunk of the motion so he can be ready to help in some way.

Comment

• There were 2 coaches today:

Coach A: Had decent spacing on the floor which yielded some decent 3P%. Had some smart plays out of time outs including an end of the game sequence that yielded two plays that could have led to a bucket (one of which did) with only 2-seconds left.

Coach B: Ran a lot of ISO/hero ball for your best player with 5 minutes still left on the clock

If you asked me before the game which one would be which, I'd say for sure "A" would be Nurse and "B" would be Casey. But it was the other way around.

Comment

• Comment

• let it go bron lmao

Comment

• LaBold & the beautiful.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• With FVV and Delon sucking. I'm afraid Lowry is going to break down again by the time playoffs come. This shit is so depressing. Bad trends all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X