Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I looked up the pistons passing numbers and guess what? They're 30th in the league in assists. The dwane casey system at its best

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Casey gonna case.

Q:> Have you noticed any changes with the Raptors?

Casey:> Changes, I don’t know about changes. I’d say the additions of Leonard and Danny Green have been great. I love DeMar. DeMar is like a son to me. You hate to see what happened to him. It’s the NBA, he’ll tell you that. That’s part of our league. You’ve got the additions of Danny and Kawhi Leonard, two starters on a championship team, defenders. Those are the additions more so than changes because I see the same plays that we ran the last four, five years being run. Not a lot of changes from that standpoint.
      Only 3.5 more hours until Casey finds out first-hand, just how severe those changes are.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        This is the thing. If Casey got fired it's because Ujiri thought he deserved it - and after that 2nd round sweep, there was certainly rationale for it. It won't be because of behind the scenes he said/he said situation, these guys aren't in elementary school.

For Casey to be blaming Ujiri and Nurse for his job loss is one of the most Casey things ever. He did many good things his years here, he also very regularly deflected blame - at least to the media.

*Edit: golden beat me to it

*Also edit: if I'm at those games, I standing O Casey and DeRozan when they come to town, but if those guys keep throwing shade at the team I'm rooting for, they become the enemy pretty quick. We're all cheering for laundry and those guys have the wrong coloured shirts on now.
        Don’t like Casey, but you have to cheer for him at least once to show appreciation. Raptors turned everything around over the last several years and Casey was a part of that.

On an unrelated note, I hope the Raptors destroy the Pistons.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
          Will Nick Nurse and Dwane Casey shake hands after the game?!
          Before. Just for the media. 10 seconds long trying to squeeze the others hand hard enough to say uncle.

After the game, the WINNER (Nurse) will look to wave at Casey who will give him the long distance 1 second wave while scurrying to the locker room .... there's really no love lost there and it won't change for awhile.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Don’t like Casey, but you have to cheer for him at least once to show appreciation. Raptors turned everything around over the last several years and Casey was a part of that.

On an unrelated note, I hope the Raptors destroy the Pistons.
            I think we should give him a few claps. I wouldn't give him a standing O. Also keep it to this one home game and not future home games; I don't think Casey deserves more than 1 game to celebrate his "success". I think the success was actually only because he was here at the right time.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I looked up the pistons passing numbers and guess what? They're 30th in the league in assists. The dwane casey system at its best

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            But its because he doesn't have the personnel....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I remember after the final game of the CLE series, in Casey's post game press conference, he threw his assistants under the bus for the Bebe substitution at the end of Q2. Wonder if there was a confrontation after that, or that was just a continuation of an already fracturing relationship.
              I remember that exactly. He tried to make it seem like it wasn't his decision when it was falling apart. It seemed odd to see a head coach not taking ownership of the situation

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                I think we should give him a few claps. I wouldn't give him a standing O. Also keep it to this one home game and not future home games; I don't think Casey deserves more than 1 game to celebrate his "success". I think the success was actually only because he was here at the right time.

But its because he doesn't have the personnel....
                The timing aspect is underrated. We tend to forget that at the beginning of Casey's tenure, the Celtics, Sixers and Bucks were actively tanking and the Nets and Knicks were (and still are) being themselves. Titanic Division of that era was quite possibly the worst in pro sports history.

Comment

• I think some of you forgot, but Casey was the genius who put CJ Miles on Love and then let Bebe play in crucial playoff minutes. Both games were still winnable iirc.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    I think some of you forgot, but Casey was the genius who put CJ Miles on Love and then let Bebe play in crucial playoff minutes. Both games were still winnable iirc.
                    Casey: Blame the assistants *flashes Mavericks championship ring
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Just reading some of these posts...man we are a bitter bunch over here LOL. Can't wait for this game. GO RAPTORS!!!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        the thing is I don't see Casey getting fired and nurse getting the job as related at all. everyone knew Casey was probably gone with the way the cle series went. he got let go then we had a interview process. Rex applied stack applied messina coach bud. by all reports we offered bud the job but he liked Milwaukee better. Masia decided nick was the next best candidate what was he supposed to do turn the job down cause he used to work for Casey? by all reports nick also was getting looks for other head coaching jobs to. it not like he got here riding Casey coat tails he's a head coach in the league people have been saying it for years. if Casey stays nicks likely leave and gets a job somewhere else... maybe even in Detroit lol
                        Exactly my thoughts.

Aside from Bud, Nurse was reported to be the most sought-after available coach for a head-coaching position throughout the league. There's a reason he's wanted badly by various teams -- showing it through 14 games with the Raptors. Major changes since he's taken over.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Just reading some of these posts...man we are a bitter bunch over here LOL. Can't wait for this game. GO RAPTORS!!!
                          I like casey as a man and hope he succeeds in detroit. i was just very surprised at how much shade he is throwing at nurse today given his reputation as a classy gentleman. He deserves a warm welcome but after that its over and we can crush the pistons
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            Exactly my thoughts.

Aside from Bud, Nurse was reported to be the most sought-after available coach for a head-coaching position throughout the league. There's a reason he's wanted badly by various teams -- showing it through 14 games with the Raptors. Major changes since he's taken over.
                            Really? I had not idea, but that's awesome to hear. Don't really get much news on assistants so had no idea he was sought after.

Comment

Just reading some of these posts...man we are a bitter bunch over here LOL. Can't wait for this game. GO RAPTORS!!!
                              Lol I thought I stumbled into the "Fire Casey" thread. God damn.

Comment

Really? I had not idea, but that's awesome to hear. Don't really get much news on assistants so had no idea he was sought after.
                                Yeup, he was a top candidate alongside Stackhouse and Bud.

Probably went:

- Bud
                                - Nurse
                                - Stack

He fit the "Brad Stevens" mold that seems to be the most appealing to analysts, media, fans, etc. nowadays. Some innovation on the offensive end.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X