Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Lol I thought I stumbled into the "Fire Casey" thread. God damn.
    I'm thoroughly impressed at how hard some posters still go at him

It may have been the most successful stretch in franchise history, but for some it was more traumatizing than any of us knew.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Yeup, he was a top candidate alongside Stackhouse and Bud.

Probably went:

- Bud
      - Nurse
      - Stack

He fit the "Brad Stevens" mold that seems to be the most appealing to analysts, media, fans, etc. nowadays. Some innovation on the offensive end.
      That makes sense since everyone's favourite Spurs assistants couldn't land any gigs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        That makes sense since everyone's favourite Spurs assistants couldn't land any gigs.
        Borrego got a landing spot.

Hindsight is 20/20; not hiring Messina looked like the right move. Messina was reported to be pretty close to sealing the deal and landing the gig. Stack was said to have a lack of experience that hindered him from getting the head coaching gig... anywhere.

While Nurse has no head coaching experience in the NBA, he has a plethora of experience dating back at least three decades if I'm not mistaken. At the time he was appointed head coach at Grand View University, he was the youngest head coach at the time at 23 years of age. He's currently 51. Insane.

... Nurse was also known for his ability to deal with an ever-changing roster in the D-League (now G-League). Plug in random guys and have success despite a lack of cohesion.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Borrego got a landing spot.

Hindsight is 20/20; not hiring Messina looked like the right move. Messina was reported to be pretty close to sealing the deal and landing the gig. Stack was said to have a lack of experience that hindered him from getting the head coaching gig... anywhere.

While Nurse has no head coaching experience in the NBA, he has a plethora of experience dating back at least three decades if I'm not mistaken. At the time he was appointed head coach at Grand View University, he was the youngest head coach at the time at 23 years of age. He's currently 51. Insane.

... Nurse was also known for his ability to deal with an ever-changing roster in the D-League (now G-League). Plug in random guys and have success despite a lack of cohesion.
          i was high on messina but glad he didnt end up with the job. Who knows how kawhi feels about him. woulda been akward for KL2 to show up only to see a guy he might have burned bridges with and hated from whatever went down in SA.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I'm thoroughly impressed at how hard some posters still go at him

It may have been the most successful stretch in franchise history, but for some it was more traumatizing than any of us knew.
            For me, it just felt like the most successful stretch in franchise history....that SHOULD'VE been more successful. Despite all the good Casey did, it always felt like he came up short.

Comment

• Can't believe we're still having this silly discussion of Ibaka playing the 4 next to JV.

He's not a fucking 4 in the modern NBA. He's a 5. He's too slow to play the 4. Plus if you start playing Ibaka at the 4 that's less minutes for Pascal and OG.

JV's minutes are fine where they are. Like I said last year, now that he's with the bench his usage is way up to the highest of his career at 26%. He's basically functioning as a Lou Williams type except at the center position. In games where his defensive liabilities are less likely to be exposed and/or Serge isn't playing well he can get more PT.

This obsession with starting him and playing him 30mpg doesn't make sense. He's dominating in the role he's in right now and Ibaka is arguably having the best season of his career.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                i was high on messina but glad he didnt end up with the job. Who knows how kawhi feels about him. woulda been akward for KL2 to show up only to see a guy he might have burned bridges with and hated from whatever went down in SA.
                Yeah, pretty much my line of thinking.

I think any remnants of San Antonio aside from Green (who has been both visible and vocally supportive of Kawhi since the quad tension) and Castleberry (best friend), would've soured any potential advantages to keeping him in Toronto.

An underrated thing during the trade in not getting Gasol or Mills, is the fact those two were apparently just as vocal with Parker/Ginobili in questioning Kawhi's status. Had they been the throw-ins, Kawhi probably wouldn't enjoy a season in Toronto with the looming opinion of a veteran around him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  For me, it just felt like the most successful stretch in franchise history....that SHOULD'VE been more successful. Despite all the good Casey did, it always felt like he came up short.
                  It's because of the way we exited the playoffs. 3 out of 4 were humiliating sweeps. Would have been 4 for 4 except the story is now coming out that the Cavs partied hard in Toronto that weekend where Biz went nuts and we stole 2. If not for those sweeps, Casey & DeMar would still be here and we'd all be relatively happy about it.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Do you think Zaza is going to try to injure Kawhi
                    An underrated narrative of this game. Have they faced each other since?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      An underrated narrative of this game. Have they faced each other since?
                      i dont think so. he only played 9 games last year so unless on of them was vs G.S then no. I say we send Moose out there to start a fight with ZAZA. Kawhi will sign for under the max at half time

Comment

• Raptors PR tells us Serge Ibaka OUT tonight vs. Pistons. Right knee soreness

Comment

Raptors PR tells us Serge Ibaka OUT tonight vs. Pistons. Right knee soreness
                          Sell high
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Age-related disease. Understandable.

Comment

Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/Siakim may make an appearance

Comment

time to unleash the moose. good matchups for big moose tonight. i expect a decent game from him as long as he can still run up and down the court without much PT this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X