Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    And look at the three red jerseys in close proximity. You design an ATO lob so that that kind of traffic isn't there. It was a bad play.
    The game-winning play must've been a REALLY terrible play call, then. 4 red jerseys are even closer together....

Comment

• So that sucked on so many accounts. Would like to chalk that up as just another loss.. but that one's going to sting for some time . Reminiscent of the time when NY came back from like 25 down or something to beat us last year.

The regular season now is pretty inconsequential so it's no big deal in the big picture. I mean seeding can matter, but I think that can be a bit overblown too.

We could easily be down 3 in a row as we have a big test against Boston on the road next. And if Ibaka is still "sore".. we're screwed.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So that sucked on so many accounts. Would like to chalk that up as just another loss.. but that one's going to sting for some time . Reminiscent of the time when NY came back from like 25 down or something to beat us last year.

The regular season now is pretty inconsequential so it's no big deal in the big picture. I mean seeding can matter, but I think that can be a bit overblown too.

We could easily be down 3 in a row as we have a big test against Boston on the road next. And if Ibaka is still "sore".. we're screwed.
        Raps been blowing leads for a while though. Bench is not doing their thing.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          So that sucked on so many accounts. Would like to chalk that up as just another loss.. but that one's going to sting for some time . Reminiscent of the time when NY came back from like 25 down or something to beat us last year.

Ibaka being sore doesn't help, but it would sure be good to see whether Nurse can find a way to leverage JV's strengths against smaller opposition. I don't think we should write off that game as us being screwed.

Danny being hurt is the bigger concern, IMO. We are getting thin on the wings (and in shooting) with two rotation injuries there plus the next guy up. Going to need to start OG or Wright at the 2. And we can't be using OG minutes at PF with so few wings, so we might be forced into letting Serge take some PF minutes (not a lot, maybe 10 or so) until we get some wing players back.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Bench is broken. All the injuries don't help, but it's broken to start with.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

did Sun ever do this to Demar or Lowry? wow
              Media in Toronto is TOXIC. They are the real enemy of the people.

If Kawhi leaves in the offseason, then the media there is one of the reason why.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Bench is broken. All the injuries don't help, but it's broken to start with.
                CJ Miles was huge for the bench last year. Not just because three point shooting but the way offense was ran. This year with CJ Miles struggling, benches offense seems to predicate on FVV breaking down the D and finding shooters. But it's failing.

It's just my theory though
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Nov 15, 2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                  Media in Toronto is TOXIC. They are the real enemy of the people.

If Kawhi leaves in the offseason, then the media there is one of the reason why.
                  they sell misery and hope

Comment

Shot selection has been brutal all year. Not just the bench, but the whole team.

- Nurse has turned VV into Cory Joseph 2.0. He was iso-ing everytime he has the ball. Completely diff player from last year.

- Lowry's making all kinds of low percentage passes. I think he had 6 turnovers last night.

- Kawhi iso pretty much the whole game.

- Wright, a guy who can't shoot 3's was out there chucking step back 3's.

- I know Miles did not play. But he's a completely diff player this year too. He's a shooter not a slasher. Know your role and shoot the damn ball.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

CJ Miles was huge for the bench last year. Not just because three point shooting but the way offense was ran. This year with CJ Miles struggling, benches offense seems to predicate on FVV breaking down the D and finding shooters. But it's failing.

It's just my theory though
                      That's definitely a big part of it. The other is that FVV needs to be off ball more to have success, and Wright can't run a PnR with a rolling big threat unless that spacing is consistently there, since he's hesitant to pull up with a jumper. Throw in JV not having much spacing around him, the tertiary ball handling of Siakam disappearing (OG can't really do the same things as him), and the defensive fit of JV into Poeltl's role being less than a perfect match (leading to less transition opportunities to paper over the half court offensive issues) and it's no surprise the bench is struggling.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The bench isn't doing their thing because they haven't been healthy. Everyone minus OG and JV have been injured this season. Fred being the biggest part of that equation since he quarterbacks that unit. It's evident that he isn't 100% (feels very much like his return to the playoffs last season) but is trying his best to get the motions going again. The Fred-Delon-CJ-Pascal-Poeltl worked so well because they were always playing together and were healthy for the most part. I wouldn't get too worried at this point but I understand concerns since, because of the reasons mentioned, it's made the situation appear bleak. I'm reserving judgement for now.

Injuries are the one concern I have for this team. Nurse has said that the emphasis on using the regular season as conditioning for the playoffs. That's the challenge he's set up for himself. If that's the case, the sample size we judge Nurse on will require the team to be healthier for long stretches in the second half of the season and subsequently leading into the playoffs if we're going to meet our potential.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                          Shot selection has been brutal all year. Not just the bench, but the whole team.

- Nurse has turned VV into Cory Joseph 2.0. He was iso-ing everytime he has the ball. Completely diff player from last year.

- Lowry's making all kinds of low percentage passes. I think he had 6 turnovers last night.

- Kawhi iso pretty much the whole game.

- Wright, a guy who can't shoot 3's was out there chucking step back 3's.

- I know Miles did not play. But he's a completely diff player this year too. He's a shooter not a slasher. Know your role and shoot the damn ball.
                          Nurse gave these guys a little too much freedom. I understand free-flowing offense is harder to scout for but these guys are playing the wrong way. Maybe Casey's approach was correct for some players. Problem was he would pigeon hole talented guys.

Comment

• Pascal Siakam was huge for the bench last year. Maybe it's time to treat Pascal as third star and have him play with the bench more? I still want to rest Kawhi and Lowry but Siakam should be fine. I honestly rather have him initiate actions and have Wright and FVV spot up or make second read.

Comment

Pascal Siakam was huge for the bench last year. Maybe it's time to treat Pascal as third star and have him play with the bench more? I still want to rest Kawhi and Lowry but Siakam should be fine. I honestly rather have him initiate actions and have Wright and FVV spot up or make second read.
                              As Dan said, FVV and Wright just need to switch roles. Wright took some bad 3s last game, when he should be the main ball handler and FVV should be the one spotting up.

Comment

• Love the over reactions guys, but not as many as I'd hoped for. I expected more trade proposals for fringe bench players.

One thing is for sure, this game showed how important Ibaka, Green, and to a lesser extent Miles are to our flow and ball movement. I leave Norm out of there because he has been pretty inconsistent this year, but he still helps with our offensive flow compares to say throwing a Malakai out there. Once the ball is stuck in the mud, we are done. If this was later in the season Kawai might have been able to save this mess for us, but he is still not there yet. 8/10 times that last ISO play would result in a game winner for us. Just so happens this time he dribbled it off his foot. But it should have never gotten to that point. Hopefully Ibaka is back Friday night in Boston and we can get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X