Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I think this goes without saying. We didn't just start the season 12-1, we've been one of the top seeds in our conference for years. Teams have been coming at us hard for a while now. It's not new, including for the new guys who were with the Spurs for years.
    Oh god. This board.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Oh god. This board.
      What? Were teams not already gunning for us for at least the last couple of years?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Yes, but that is reinforcing my point, because everybody goes through ups and downs with shooting through a season. Even Curry has the odd bad night here and there, and he's the greatest shooter of all time. Our team really shouldn't be "oh we'll lose if Lowry and Green are cold". We should be way more resilient than that. Some of that we can maybe attribute to injuries, but yeah, it's hard not to be concerned 15 games in about whether it's more, and too many guys just don't look comfortable.
        Of course; I'm not saying it's an ideal situation to have the overall effectiveness of the team based on how well 2 guys are shooting, but that's what's happening (that's the original point).

Ideally, like you say, you want other players to be able to pick it up when Lowry/Green are not on, but realistically you're not gonna get 10 guys firing at all cylinders at the same time right out of the gates. No team has done that. Everyone is working out their kinks right now. The difference is the Raps, unlike other teams, are doing that with:

--A new coach/entirely new coaching staff
        --New key players/starters
        --8 rotation players (Kawhi, Miles, Green, FVV, Delon, OG, Ibaka and Powell) all having been banged up/resting at various times. That alone will throw any team out of sync.

Despite all that, we lead the league (tied with GSW). So yeah, there will always be room for improvement and things to nitpick on, and things can always go south real quick, but personally, through 15 games, I thought we'd be a lot worse given all the above.

Comment

• Lowry did that a lot with Casey too hed yap and do his best to not look at the board when a play was being drawn up. Lowry we know you want to be a coach but your not yet. Chill the fukout and pay attention

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            A few more losses and Nurse's alpha-ness is going to get tested.
            Lowry: "I respect him as a nurse"

Comment

• They had better win Friday or this board will eat itself lol

Comment

• I think others have pointed this out, but this team still (for now) goes as Lowry goes. He was playing like a man possessed at the start of the season and what many of us expected is now happening...he's coming back down to earth. No longer dominating the tempo of the game, no longer shooting as well etc.

And Kawhi isn't ready to step into Kyle's role.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I think others have pointed this out, but this team still (for now) goes as Lowry goes. He was playing like a man possessed at the start of the season and what many of us expected is now happening...he's coming back down to earth. No longer dominating the tempo of the game, no longer shooting as well etc.

And Kawhi isn't ready to step into Kyle's role.
                  Lowry is struggling because everyone else is. His shooting is in a slump just like the entire team and he isn’t getting 10+ assists because others are missing open shots.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Lowry is struggling because everyone else is. His shooting is in a slump just like the entire team and he isn’t getting 10+ assists because others are missing open shots.
                    Yep. Ebbs and flows... It's such a long season. Can't expect everyone to be playing like MVPs all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X