Likes Likes:  3
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Melo?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default Melo?

    Can Melo still play?

    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/16...n-from-rockets

    Dwyane is on his Kobe NBA-world tour-ish, with a detour to be a quality parent, Lebron is ready to executive produce space jam 2-6, Bosh is pushing to get back in, their draft class is still the wildest of the 2000's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_draft

    Can he still play?

    Side piece, can MU wrangle him once again?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,693
    Likes (Given)
    1338
    Likes (Received)
    342

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Can Melo still play?

    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/16...n-from-rockets

    Dwyane is on his Kobe NBA-world tour-ish, with a detour to be a quality parent, Lebron is ready to executive produce space jam 2-6, Bosh is pushing to get back in, their draft class is still the wildest of the 2000's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_draft

    Can he still play?

    Side piece, can MU wrangle him once again?
    First, I don't want the Raptors to have anything to do with him.

    Second, I think he can still play, barring he's willing to accept a much smaller role than in years past. At this point, he's a stand-still shooter still capable of scoring out of the block -- to me, for him to fit on any team, he'll have to be:

    - surrounded by defenders, shooters, 3-&-D players
    - come off the bench, playing between 15-22 minutes a night
    - play most minutes at the four

    If the Rockets had a roster of Mbah a Moute and Ariza, yeah, it would've made sense. But the depth is no longer the same, or nearly as good defensively. He's also been trash from the field, so that has to improve otherwise he's pretty much useless on the floor.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD ē NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default

    Yeah it doesn't bode well for him that he couldn't get it to work in Houston with point god and d'antoni being familiar with him.

    But the team you described is the Raptors. Surrounded by long defenders that can shoot and an opening at the 4 on the bench.

    It just seems like a waste that all that talent can't be put to use on a contender somewhere.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,706
    Likes (Given)
    1076
    Likes (Received)
    3731

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Yeah it doesn't bode well for him that he couldn't get it to work in Houston with point god and d'antoni being familiar with him.

    But the team you described is the Raptors. Surrounded by long defenders that can shoot and an opening at the 4 on the bench.

    It just seems like a waste that all that talent can't be put to use on a contender somewhere.
    We don't have an opening at the 4. Nurse is trying to only use Siakam and OG there. Both better options than Melo.

    Melo doesn't fit anywhere.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  5. Likes MACK11 liked this post
  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default

    On the bench? If Siakam is full time with the starters, you could conceivably play FVV, DL, OG, Melo, and JV/Ibaka.

    I'm not saying it has to be us. Just that Melo might have something left.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,307
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    On the bench? If Siakam is full time with the starters, you could conceivably play FVV, DL, OG, Melo, and JV/Ibaka.

    I'm not saying it has to be us. Just that Melo might have something left.


    His ego is restraining him from being useful in the court. He has to realise he's not the guy anymore and frankly, I think that won't happen.

  8. Likes MACK11 liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie stevewonders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Melo's now a bench player. I feel sorry for him.
    Donít cry because itís over, smile because it happened.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    5,489
    Likes (Given)
    543
    Likes (Received)
    1523

    Default

    Feel sorry for him?
    He's like 59 years old, he had a great run as a starter, why the hell do you feel bad for him?

    Everything has a beginning and an end man, guy had a great career, it gave him a life .00001 of the people who ever ever lived on this planet, ever, have been able to live. He's ok.

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default

    It's just really hard to believe a guy that talented, that has that many go-to-guy miles oh him, that prodigious of a scorer can't find work off the bench against slow footed 4s anywhere in the worlds best league.

  13. Likes Superjudge liked this post
  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    What is the update with Melo?

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,774
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default

    Quote Paul123 wrote: View Post
    What is the update with Melo?
    Waived by Bulls

    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/17...al-possibility

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •