Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16…. (12-3) Raps vs (8 -6) Chowda.. .. On SN1 (Like Fuck Rogers.. Seriously ? Every game on the you gotta pay extra pay for it SN1 Channel ?) Tip Time: 7PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Who r the best coaches available rn
    SVG. He’a an alpha coach and would have us playing elite D like we should be doing.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      Did any of the "great" Raptors reporters asked Nurse why he let VV guard Irving down the stretch and why not.... you know... the best defensive player in the game in Kawhi?
      Or even try Pascal, who got switched onto Kyrie and made him turn it over out of bounds.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        SVG. He’a an alpha coach and would have us playing elite D like we should be doing.
        No thanks
        OG is our king

Comment

• It may go down to who wins the overall HCA at the end of the reg season

And of course health.

This could be a dandy when its all said and done.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            Raptors in the 4th: ISO
            Fans: Fucking Nurse - he can't coach!!!!

Celtics in the 4th: ISO
            Fans: Brad Stevens did an amazing job!!!

The players didn't deliver. When Lowry and FVV play like this and play that many minutes - we are going to most likely lose. I was surprised this game went to OT. Season is still young, I'll let Nurse make some mistakes here and there, but this wasn't all on him. We actually had a chance to win and thats all you want out of your head coach.
            I have no real issue with isos late in games, though it's nice to have some play/schemes to make things easier to mix things up a bit at least in terms of spacing and motion around your ballhandler, but that can take time. It is a bit extra frustrating for Raps fans not just because of years of watching Casey-led teams, but also because the narrative around Nurse was that of a brilliant, innovative basketball mind.

However, the coach deciding to put FVV into the game when he's been awful lately and particularly bad tonight, now that's something you can actually complain about. Did he think Wright was tired? Or less effective? Did he think FVV could stop Kyrie (that almost seemed to be the plan since he put him on Kyrie defensively for some reason)? Or get the offence going (FVV had been singlehandedly killing the offence on tons of possessions tonight)? I'm not blaming FVV for the loss, but he wasn't any help, and it's mystifying that the coach threw him out there for the most crucial possessions.

There was always going to be a microscope on the coach replacing Casey, especially from Raptors fans/media. He hasn't been doing himself many favours so far.

Comment

• Only Raptors fans would panic when still being 12-4 lol. Yes there are some issues, coaching wise and player wise, but if you thought this season was going to be a smooth ride, especially early on, then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• As for FVV, I get he is struggling, wasn't a good idea to put him in the game late either, but I also get that its important to get FVV going if you want the bench to be successful. He came off an injury, and it is still affecting him and apparently he is going to play through it, so let him play through it.

Comment

• Even though the defense isn't great I don't think it's bad. Solid defense isn't what it used to be.

We have a lot of guys that can switch, have good length to deflect passes and poke the ball away from weaker ball handlers, and have decent IQ on that end.

I think Lowry might be hurt or at least worn out a bit, he's the leader in charges taken this season. In some seasons he'd take a considerably less amount of charges to preserve his body. He's taken some hard ones too
                  OG is our king

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Or even try Pascal, who got switched onto Kyrie and made him turn it over out of bounds.
                    you know -- pascal is so damn athletic and quick i honestly think he could cover Irving...or even Kawhi on Irving, then Pascal on the 3 and then you could have had Monroe out there too... anything to get FVV out...

Comment

• why is doris burke handling the late night espn game, she should be front and centre the 7pm game... only tv analyst who i think would be unbias and back the raps at the appropriate time

Comment

• Nurse...

- Maximize Kawhi’s strength by always posting him up close to the basket.
                        - Set up staggered screens, thought Nurse tried it but forgot to use this late in the game.
                        - Cutters on the weakside non evident, the other 4 were standing around while Kawhi was operating outside of 22 feet.
                        - Kawhi should be guarding Kyrie but yet again he just allowed Kyle and FVV get abused

He is still green as a NBA head coach, he can make adjustments but consistency is an issue so far.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Only Raptors fans would panic when still being 12-4 lol. Yes there are some issues, coaching wise and player wise, but if you thought this season was going to be a smooth ride, especially early on, then I don't know what to tell you.
                          It's not panic, it's frustration, largely because of things like your next post...

A.I wrote: View Post
                          As for FVV, I get he is struggling, wasn't a good idea to put him in the game late either, but I also get that its important to get FVV going if you want the bench to be successful. He came off an injury, and it is still affecting him and apparently he is going to play through it, so let him play through it.
                          FVV is getting the chance to get going. It's not like he's being limited in his use or playing less minutes. Sure it would be good to find a way to get him back on track. That definitely doesn't mean you have to force the issue. He was garbage tonight. It's not a good position to put him in to "get him going". And I don't think not playing will shatter his ability to bounce back. Meanwhile it's a very obvious bad choice for the good of the team.

*And if he's still not right physically, all the more reason not to extend his minutes when he's trash.

Comment

• This was supposed to be a creative coach that focused on ball movement to generate quality open shots.

Bullshit.

So far what I see is predictable, easy to defend, low quality ISO plays with no outlets. We've seen this in years past. If you're strategy for the last 6 minutes of close games is just have 1 guy force his way to the basket against a set defence, then close your eyes and hope for the best, your fucked 9 times out of 10.

#FireNurse thread is gonna be coming up real soon if this keeps going on. Gahhh

Comment

• 1. That was the best game I've watched all year, loss or no loss, so that's cool.

2. Calm the fuck down, we're literally tied for first overall in the nba

3. People who are trashing Lowry are idiots, that was one of the best games he played all year for at least the first 3 quarters. Unbelievable hustle.

4. Kyrie went ape shit. Hats off to him. They beat us in OT while we had major injury and foul issues among our role players. Such is life.

5. Fred van needs to pick it up, hes a shell of himself right now
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                1. That was the best game I've watched all year, loss or no loss, so that's cool.

2. Calm the fuck down, we're literally tied for first overall in the nba

3. People who are trashing Lowry are idiots, that was one of the best games he played all year for at least the first 3 quarters. Unbelievable hustle.

4. Kyrie went ape shit. Hats off to him. They beat us in OT while we had major injury and foul issues among our role players. Such is life.

5. Fred van needs to pick it up, hes a shell of himself right now
                                Good takes. I like this team, like the players, the potential they can reach when everyone is healthy and the chemistry is there. My perception of Nurse is changing quite a bit though unfortunately, and I really hope I'm wrong. Here's to hoping he'll deliver on the cookout, because the ingredients are certainly there for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X