Is It Too Early...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    That's what I was saying in the other thread. If we don't show this season that we can beat the better teams in both the East and the West our fait might end up the same as last playoffs. We haven't beat anyone good so far and that's a bit worrisome. But it is still early and we have been injured and pretty nonchalant to me in how we approach games. We also have new guys that still need to get more comfortable and new lineups we're trying. So I'll give it time.
    Isn't boston a good team? I guess they've been losing a fair bit, but wouldn't they still, at least, be considered a "better" team in the East? As for the West, well, you can only play who's in front of you I suppose thus far - so we'll have to see once we face 'em (Pelicans aside ).

On another note, well, is it too early to wonder if sticking with Casey was the right call? I don't know, Nurse has made a change or two such as moving JV to the bench, but other than that... Maybe this is just an overreaction to the Pistons game, but maybe, the Pistons game just showed us what the difference between the two coaches really is

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
      Isn't boston a good team? I guess they've been losing a fair bit, but wouldn't they still, at least, be considered a "better" team in the East? As for the West, well, you can only play who's in front of you I suppose thus far - so we'll have to see once we face 'em (Pelicans aside ).

On another note, well, is it too early to wonder if sticking with Casey was the right call? I don't know, Nurse has made a change or two such as moving JV to the bench, but other than that... Maybe this is just an overreaction to the Pistons game, but maybe, the Pistons game just showed us what the difference between the two coaches really is
      Uh, the worst tendencies Nurse has flashed have only approached how awful Casey was on a nightly basis. And there has been a lot of good stuff too.

Sticking with Casey was definitively not the right call.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Uh, the worst tendencies Nurse has flashed have only approached how awful Casey was on a nightly basis. And there has been a lot of good stuff too.

Sticking with Casey was definitively not the right call.
        Seems like many are challenging Nurse as the right call.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          And more power to them. I need more of a track record before I start calling for anyone's head.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
            Playoffs will help answer some of those questions.

Lets not forget he is a rookie head coach who got hired before Lebron decided to leave The Cavs & before The Kawhi trade.

Would Masai have gone a different route and had more success in luring coach Bud from Atlanta (who I believe was Masai's first choice) if he knew Kawhi was going to be on the team?! Those questions we cannot answer.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Playoffs will help answer some of those questions.

Lets not forget he is a rookie head coach who got hired before Lebron decided to leave The Cavs & before The Kawhi trade.

Would Masai have gone a different route and had more success in luring coach Bud from Atlanta (who I believe was Masai's first choice) if he knew Kawhi was going to be on the team?! Those questions we cannot answer.
              I think there would have been a list of eager applicants if Leonard and Green had already been on the team. I wonder how many guys are pissed off now that they didn't pick up the phone when he called, or pick up the phone to call him?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                I think there would have been a list of eager applicants if Leonard and Green had already been on the team. I wonder how many guys are pissed off now that they didn't pick up the phone when he called, or pick up the phone to call him?
                NBA coaches need to trust Masai that he will take care of you and give you many chances while always upgrading the roster. Toronto has been one of the more stable organisations in the NBA in the last 5 years and that's music to the ears of coaches as well as assistents that are looking for a job security long terms (and avoiding Phoenix, Sacramento & Washington as much as possible)

Comment

Working...
                X