Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 19: Toronto Raptors @ Atlanta Hawks - Wednesday, November 21st 7:30pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 19: Toronto Raptors @ Atlanta Hawks - Wednesday, November 21st 7:30pm ET, TSN

Projected Starters:

AT

Notes:
    -I think OG and CJ are likely questionable for this one. Kawhi will probably sit out due to it being a back-to-back and the Hawks being mostly terrible. Will update if I hear anything.
    -Trae Young busted out of a big slump the other night. Containing his indiscriminate bombing will be key to winning this game.
    -Prince also had a good game after sitting for two with achilles soreness. If Kawhi sits we'll need to chase him off the perimeter.
    -Spellman and Poythress are doubtful for the Hawks so I'm pencilling in Collins, even though it will only be his third game back. He will likely still be on a minutes limit but was very effective in his first two starts.

Atlanta..where your hard pressed to name a starter after Trae Young.
    Atlanta..where the shot clock always seems to start too early or too late in a close game on the final possession.
    Atlanta..where they lose track of the score.
    Atlanta..where Al Cheap Shot Horford ended TJ Fords career with a shove to the back when Ford was in the air and helpless.

I hope they beat them by 40.

On the Whistle tonight are
    Toronto @ Atlanta James Williams (#60) JT Orr (#72) Leroy Richardson (#20)

JT Orr... Kyles best friend.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Nov 21, 2018, 10:19 AM. Reason: Adding Referees and the usual grammar and spelling corrections
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Lots of opportunity for rest tonight. Playing a terrible team on the road, on a b2b. I'd give Kawhi/Lowry/Green and Serge the night off and just go with our bench. If OG or CJ are available even better.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Lots of opportunity for rest tonight. Playing a terrible team on the road, on a b2b. I'd give Kawhi/Lowry/Green and Serge the night off and just go with our bench. If OG or CJ are available even better.
        Yeah, it will depend on who is available.

Lowry should get the night off but he likely won't (because they seem to have to tie him to the bench to keep him out of games). Hopefully we can keep his minutes down at least.

Kawhi will almost certainly sit. But to sit Green, we likely need some returning wing depth. If both OG and Miles are back we could rest both.

Serge would be a good choice and we can manage it by playing Monroe and giving Boucher a bigger shot with the bench. Again, though, if we are relying on too many deep subs on the wing, they might not feel comfortable relying on even more of them in the front court.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like there are more back to backs this season than in previous years?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Is it just me or does it seem like there are more back to backs this season than in previous years?
            When it comes to back to backs our schedule is heavy at the beginning of the year.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

There are actually fewer (only 12 this year). But we have a LOT of ours early in the year. After this game, we'll have had 5 in the first 19 games, which is a 22 back-to-back pace. So we'll only have 7 for the final 63 games after this.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Celtics have too many guys who need shots and 2 PGs who will be up for new contracts in the off-season. Wonderful recipe for team chemistry. Muahaha.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Celtics have too many guys who need shots and 2 PGs who will be up for new contracts in the off-season. Wonderful recipe for team chemistry. Muahaha.
                    Kyrie is going to New York... either with Brooklyn or the Knicks....In direct contrast to his worthless verbal claim he made saying he is resigning with the Celtics.

Lets call it The DeAndre Manifesto or the Jordan Chronicles.

All
                    Season
                    Long.

Muahaha x 2.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Nov 21, 2018, 02:18 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Kyrie is going to New York... either with Brooklyn or the Knicks....In direct contrast to his worthless verbal claim he made saying he is resigning with the Celtics.

Lets call it The DeAndre Manifesto or the Jordan Chronicles.

All
                      Season
                      Long.

Muahaha x 2.
                      Maybe Kawhi and kyrie have a secret plot to stab both of us and meet in New York. Upend the while division. And they're bringing Kevin Durant. The insecure snake, the quiet klaw, and the conspiracy freak. And the unicorn

*puts on tin foil hat*
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Siakam just needs to add a little shimmy or pumpfake and that spin will be really unguardable.

Comment

Siakam just needs to add a little shimmy or pumpfake and that spin will be really unguardable.
                          I thought I was watching Giannis in those clips. He's like a gazelle out there.

Comment

It looks like teams are already scouting his spin move though they weren't successful in stopping it in that game. However it's clear they are looking for it.

Comment

It looks like teams are already scouting his spin move though they weren't successful in stopping it in that game. However it's clear they are looking for it.
                              Yeah, at 0:46 and 1:13 his defender was clearly anticipating the spin, and played it pretty well, but Pascal was still able to power through and finish. He clearly has great touch around the basket
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X