Reviewing the Kawhi Leonard - Demar Derozan Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviewing the Kawhi Leonard - Demar Derozan Trade

I just read an article about the biggest trade Raptors made in the past years - The Raptors-Spurs MegaDeal of Leonard and Derozan trade

We all (or most of us) didn't like it at first. We wanted Derozan to stay and wanted him to get more respect.
    But now, after over 20 games with Kawhi Leonard, when we have 17 wins in 21 games - do you think it was a good trade for the Raptors?
    Could we have same or even better results with DeRozan?
    And which NBA team made a better Deal and got a better player, San Antonio or Toronto?

Last edited by JamesH; Tue Nov 27, 2018, 10:41 AM.

JamesH wrote: View Post
    I just read an article about the biggest trade Raptors made in the past years - The Raptors-Spurs MegaDeal of Leonard and Derozan trade

We all (or most of us) didn't like it at first. We wanted Derozan to stay and wanted him to get more respect.
    But now, after over 20 games with Kawhi Leonard, when we have 17 wins in 21 games - do you think it was a good trade for the Raptors?
    And which NBA team made a better Deal and got a better player, San Antonio or Toronto?
    Newbie confirmed. Welcome to the board, rook.

Comment

Probably want to review this after the season.

Comment

I'm not sure who most of us are, but I was fucking ecstatic on July 18, 2018. I will never forget that date.

Comment

Me on hearing the news that we got Kawhi Freaking Leonard AND Danny Green for DeMar DeRozan and only Poeltl plus some pick I didn't even care about by the time I got to that part of the trade because I had already pooped my pants:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Ai'ght unnecessary gratuitous Derozan and/or Masai bashing coming in 3..2..1..

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a troll? Lol. Half kidding. Completely disagree, great trade.

Comment

Have to think the Raptors make this trade 100 times out of 100.

Yes Leonard can lose the ball in the lane in traffic. Yes he puts up the 20 plus points a game DD did. He is as good a FT shooter as Demar was.

BUT

There are easily identifiable grocery stick separators as to why Leonard is a significant net upgrade on DD

Leonard is physically bigger and stronger. When he goes to the basket he gets there.

His defense is by a wide margin better than what DD gave you on a nightly basis. He can guard the the best offensive player on the floor.. something that was beyond DD's many talents.

He rebounds. DD could corral boards as well. . but Lenoard gets his in high traffic zones on both ends of the court. .As stated DD could and did get boards...but just not as many or with a greater degree of difficulty as Kawahi gets them.

DD the quintessential work hard guy improved his 3 point shot over the last couple years. Yet he is not in the same quadrant as Leonard is. Its not a revelation if Leonard goes 4 of 7 from three. If DD did that..its news. BIG news.

DD got flumoxed when the double teams came... he got a ton better at it by learning to pass out of traps and double teams but Leonard does this like you lock the door on the way out of the house.

Would the Raps be 17 and 4 with DD instead of Leonard.. Maybe.. Who knows ?

But 20 games in.. you can see that Leonard is the better player... and all things considered.. you win more games with better players.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

This was a great trade, even if we don't see the payoff in the playoffs. This team was dead in the water as built. When that's the case, even a failed attempt to take the next step is still a positive move.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The casual fans were definitely upset, which I suppose is the majority of fans, but hardcore fans like the people here all loved the trade.

Comment

JamesH is the shelbyville DanH
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure who most of us are, but I was fucking ecstatic on July 18, 2018. I will never forget that date.
                        Ditto.

Casey fired! DeRozan traded!! Raptors got Leonard... and Green!!! Please don't wake me up, just let me keep dreaming...

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          JamesH is the shelbyville DanH
                          Lmao there it is!

Comment

We all (or most of us) didn't like it at first. We wanted Derozan to stay and wanted him to get more respect..
                            Speak for yourself *Rolls Eyes*

The only 'negative' about this trade is the possiblity of Kawhi leaving after this season.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Well, this thread was good for a laugh.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X