Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 23: Golden State Warriors (15-8) 128 - Toronto Raptors 131 (19-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I thought Lowry was pretty good in the clutch. He hit that big 3 to go up 6 in the 4th quarter before KD stole the show.

He had that pinpoint pass to Green for that big 3. He had that steal against Iggy and almost setup an "and-1" but Siakam failed to get it at the rim. He bobbled the ball a bit with 4-5 seconds left in the clock and missed badly at the rim. But overall I think he had a good game.

OG needed to hit his big shots.. he made that against the Cavs in game 2 last year. I like having him take those shots. He's one of those guys that can make back braker 3's.. and I would prefer that he keeps making those.

KD was just really fucking good. And we still won. Best game of the season probably. Just intense through out.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I thought Lowry was pretty good in the clutch. He hit that big 3 to go up 6 in the 4th quarter before KD stole the show.

He had that pinpoint pass to Green for that big 3. He had that steal against Iggy and almost setup an "and-1" but Siakam failed to get it at the rim. He bobbled the ball a bit with 4-5 seconds left in the clock and missed badly at the rim. But overall I think he had a good game.

OG needed to hit his big shots.. he made that against the Cavs in game 2 last year. I like having him take those shots. He's one of those guys that can make back braker 3's.. and I would prefer that he keeps making those.

KD was just really fucking good. And we still won. Best game of the season probably. Just intense through out.
        Its over exaggerated that only Kawhi and Green stepped up in the clutch. The whole starting unit did for the most part.

Kyle made some big plays, Ibaka made shots and played good defense and Siakam was his usual self.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Got him on my fantasy team!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Its over exaggerated that only Kawhi and Green stepped up in the clutch. The whole starting unit did for the most part.

Kyle made some big plays, Ibaka made shots and played good defense and Siakam was his usual self.
            I only caught the last 4 minutes of the 4th plus OT, but from what I saw Leonard, Green, PSkills and Ibaka were the difference makers (except for Ibaka's game winning attempt, but you could blame a bad pass that was too late for that). The biggest thing that stands out to me about Lowry was him passing up a shot at the top of the 3 point line, opting to hand it off to Ibaka who for some reason was standing next to him. What happened there? Did someone forget where they were supposed to stand? Anyways, that is Lowry's shot to take. And he passed that ball like it was a hot potato and makes me wonder if that's why Leonard didn't pass it to him in the dying seconds of the 4th. Lowry's defender doubled Leonard so the obvious pass was to a wide open Lowry, and instead Leonard drove into the paint, ate up too many seconds on the clock and passed to Ibaka instead with no time on the clock left.
            Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Nov 30, 2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• In advance of next Wednesday's game thread, I'm posting this here:

Comment

• Game 23: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday, Nov 29th 8pm ET TSN/TNT

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                I only caught the last 4 minutes of the 4th plus OT, but from what I saw Leonard, Green, PSkills and Ibaka were the difference makers (except for Ibaka's game winning attempt, but you could blame a bad pass that was too late for that). The biggest thing that stands out to me about Lowry was him passing up a shot at the top of the 3 point line, opting to hand it off to Ibaka who for some reason was standing next to him. What happened there? Did someone forget where they were supposed to stand? Anyways, that is Lowry's shot to take. And he passed that ball like it was a hot potato and makes me wonder if that's why Leonard didn't pass it to him in the dying seconds of the 4th. Lowry's defender doubled Leonard so the obvious pass was to a wide open Lowry, and instead Leonard drove into the paint, ate up too many seconds on the clock and passed to Ibaka instead with no time on the clock left.
                Don’t think you watched the right play. KD was on Kyle and helped slightly but would have had enough time to get back on Lowry if Kawhi made the pass. It was Looney who over helped on Kawhi and left Ibaka wide open.

As usual people focus on the one negative over multiple positive things Lowry did. I agree he should have taken that shot, but he made some brilliant plays down the stretch. Hit a big 3 with a minute left, made a terrific pass to Danny for the 3 in OT, made a terrific defensive play on Iggy.
                Last edited by A.I; Fri Nov 30, 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• To all the “we lost” fans I dont know how you do it but have “fun” wit dat this season.

Great game! I heard its been 4 years since we beat GS but Im curious how long it been since we beat Durant? I remember beating okc about three years ago but i think durant or westbrook didnt play?

I dont care if steph and cousins werent playing they would have taken shots away from durant and i doubt they would have shot better so fug that big big win. This is a great team, a great organization a great city and a great country players really step up to play us because theyre envious its so satisfying to see a rock solid team finally.

Surrendering offensive boards is the most deflating play in basketball. The use of Ibaka and JV is great but is the old system of JV and Ibaka sharing the floor really that bad I think they should have gone with it for a stretch there to see if it would calm shit down board wise.

You guys gotta stop shitting on Lowry hes amazing.

I went to a sports bar with my son and mind you it was half price wing night but the place was rammed with raptor fans it was like the playoffs.

Kawhi is so fucking good I was at game one in 95 and Ive never seen anything like this what a joy to watch. Seeing durant and stephs smiles wiped off their faces for a change was beyond priceless.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Durant hit EVERYTHING. That's not just having Klay alongside, c'mon man. He was great tonight.
                    But we won and that's all that counts

Kawhi's team is 19-4. Durant's team is 5-6 without Curry.

Kawhi > Durant.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Don’t think you watched the right play. KD was on Kyle and helped slightly but would have had enough time to get back on Lowry if Kawhi made the pass. It was Looney who over helped on Kawhi and left Ibaka wide open.

As usual people focus on the one negative over multiple positive things Lowry did. I agree he should have taken that shot, but he made some brilliant plays down the stretch. Hit a big 3 with a minute left, made a terrific pass to Danny for the 3 in OT, made a terrific defensive play on Iggy.
                      Agreed. The jitters were definitely there. Lowry passing up a shot and bobbing the all, for example. At the same time, Lowry made several clutch plays including passes, rebounds, and steals and nearly had a triple double.

Not everything is going to go perfectly, but I don't want to see the jitters anymore. That's something they need to get over.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Game 23: Golden State Warriors @ Toronto Raptors - Thursday, Nov 29th 8pm ET TSN/TNT

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. The jitters were definitely there. Lowry passing up a shot and bobbing the all, for example. At the same time, Lowry made several clutch plays including passes, rebounds, and steals and nearly had a triple double.

Not everything is going to go perfectly, but I don't want to see the jitters anymore. That's something they need to get over.
                        I think this game helps big time for Kyle’s confidence. He knows he’s on a team with guys who can get it done when it matters. Kawhi and Danny just emanate calmness and you could see after that one play where Kyle should have taken the shot he was pretty much fine. Moving forward he has to feel more confident in himself and his team to pull out close games.

Comment

• they were wondering why Raps didn't foul Durant when they were up in 3 in regulation.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they were wondering why Raps didn't foul Durant when they were up in 3 in regulation.
                            Don’t mind that they didn’t. That 3 he hit was ridiculous

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they were wondering why Raps didn't foul Durant when they were up in 3 in regulation.
                              Yeah, Jack thought we would/should foul during the broadcast.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Result aside, a great NBA regular season game for the record books. Thoroughly appreciated the effort from both teams in this game. In echoing the same sentiment as other internet commentators, this game should be viewed in the context of character building rather than "Can we realistically beat the Warriors in a 7 game series?". We showed that not only can we beat the best team in basketball the past 5 seasons, we can also hold on to a lead for the better part of 48 minutes against them. We also proved that we can win in OT when it seemed that the momentum had been shifting. This is not small stuff that should be pushed aside during a regular season building phase; just listen to Kawhi mention how guys are "buying in" to Nurse when he was asked after the game.

I'd also like to sound off on the hypothetical scenarios being thrown around. To those mentioning the Curry/Draymond situations and that the outcome would almost certainly be different if they'd played, how about our guys? What if FVV had scored his season average of 9 points? What if Lowry had 5 more points? What if Curry had played and KD couldn't get that hot since he couldn't touch the ball? These scenarios can go on forever (literally) and yet we're still non the wiser. We should take this game for what is was and not what is wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X