Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 23: Golden State Warriors (15-8) 128 - Toronto Raptors 131 (19-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Steph can sign with Under Armour... Kawhi can sign with NB.

Comment

Ya'll shittin' on NB as if they're hot garbage.

I actually own a pair and I'd have to say they're probably the best pair of running shoes I've ever bought.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post

I actually own a pair and I'd have to say they're probably the best pair of running shoes I've ever bought.

Don't think people are shitting on them... They're a great running shoe. Just not synonymous with Bball.

I think it's great.

And really, one of the reasons people have talked about Kawhi being disgruntled is not getting a good sneaker deal being in a smaller market, in SA, and as a quieter star. I hope he's thrilled with this deal, glad he signed it while a Rap.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Well, not all of us. There is zero possibility that Kawhi would sign an extension, so the thought never crossed my mind when reading that tweet. Yours does seem to be a common response though.
          Raptor nation doesn't include robots

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
            What's with all these old brands returning? first Puma then Fila and now New Balance.

I gotta be honest though, Puma's are pretty slick.
            Because Nike left themselves exposed when the people they branded went all WOKE'N SHIT and excused their failures on "racism, sexism, and meanie meanies" (Serena Williams, Colin Kaepernick)

Nike just doesn't know that humans just get tired of stupid, childish narratives

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              Multi year deal with New Balance???

New Balance is the Canada of athletic shoes.

All signs point to a Kawhi signing a multi-year deal with the Raps.
              More signs.

This was New Balance's first shoe design in their return to the basketball shoe game. Worn by Milos Raonic at the Toronto All-Star game in 2016.

Coincidence? I think not. It has been written.....

https://solecollector.com/news/2016/...s-milos-raonic

Comment

Those look dope.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of comments like this. My dad was right all along?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yea no more new balance jokes. Me and my retired friends a have a pair and they are super comfy for walking around the mall before they open. All of us were super excited when a coupon came out a few weeks ago. We could buy some and avoid the crowds of Black Friday.

Comment

I have been wearing ASICS for years and swear by them.

Comment

NB is the Raptors of the basketball shoe world. They've been pitching guys like Embiid and Hayward whom have all turned them down and they went all in on Kawhi with all the question marks around his health, future etc. For a shoe company trying to compete with the giants it's gotta be a big deal.

An then I read the part in the article about the NB headquarters being in Boston and went sour. I know it doesn't mean anything, but yeah Boston sucks.

Comment

Played with a point guard who swore by New Balance. He put so much lateral pressure on his shoes, he'd literally break the soles on every brand he tried until he got to New Balance. The only shoes that would last him more than a few weeks.

The dad shoes are pretty hilarious though.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            More signs.

This was New Balance's first shoe design in their return to the basketball shoe game. Worn by Milos Raonic at the Toronto All-Star game in 2016.

Coincidence? I think not. It has been written.....

https://solecollector.com/news/2016/...s-milos-raonic
                            Interesting that was with Raonic in Toronto and now Kawhi. They're actually targeting the Canadian market for some reason or it's just coincidence?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This is actually sam Mitchell lol
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah Goldblum nailed it:
                                -it's funny because NB has a grandpa image when it comes to casual shoes, but is well-respected for running shoes (I own a pair)
                                -this is GREAT news for the Raps as Nike is known to push stars to big markets
                                -also provides evidence that stars can get large global endorsements while being in TO

The only tiny thing that concerns me is their level of expertise if Kawhi uses them in game. A lot of Adidas guys were getting injured iirc, and at least a few other players blamed the shoes. I hope that Kawhi isn't some kind of guinea pig and that they've done a ton of testing for the rigorous demands of bball at the pro level. (If he has to wear the shoes in-game)

Comment

Working...
                                X