Ratings for last night's game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately the same cant br said about American viewership.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...s-raptors-tnt/
    Football.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      What about Xmas games
      That goes to my point. Xmas games aren't a conspiracy, they are a choice. And no matter how shitty the Knicks are - and they are shitty more often than not, networks schedule the Knicks at Christmas because even a shitty Knicks team brings ratings.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Your sarcasm is a BIG FAIL. If I am a conspiracy theorist, why would I pick the Knicks to prove my point. That’s why I mentioned the Sixers/ Bucks and Celtics over a poor ratings magnet Raptors.
        Don't think Bucks would help ratings much, even with Giannis. There is no conspiracy is what I'm saying.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ratings are used for advertising purposes. The cost of commercials, that is. The companies that buy advertising are different between the US and Canada. A US rating means nothing to a Canadian company & vice versa. Even when it's basically the same corporation, like say Ford, there'll be different divisions, under different tax laws, and all that.

The Dallas Cowboys always get irrationally high ratings.

A great Knicks - Bucks game today. 🤗

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            This is what I don't understand. Ratings are always just one side of the border or the other, and usually just for one network (like TNT). The NBA is generating revenue from all broadcasts. Why is there no summary to that effect?
            It's not the NBA generating that revenue. The ratings matter to the NBA but it matters more to the individual channel that bought rights to broadcast which ever game to which ever market. They recoup the cost of rights by ad revenues mainly dictated by interest(ratings numbers and demographic).

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              It's not the NBA generating that revenue. The ratings matter to the NBA but it matters more to the individual channel that bought rights to broadcast which ever game to which ever market. They recoup the cost of rights by ad revenues mainly dictated by interest(ratings numbers and demographic).
              Yes, but good ratings should theoretically equal more money from tsn and sportsnet down the line. Which should factor in.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
              X