Likes Likes:  156
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #25: Denver Nuggets 106 (16-7) - Toronto Raptors 103 (20-5)

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Game #25: Denver Nuggets 106 (16-7) - Toronto Raptors 103 (20-5)

PROJECTED STARTERS

AT

------

NOTES:

• Not sure if Serge starts this one as Jokic is a pretty big dude
    • Denver is now tied for the top seed in the west
    • They're on a five game winning streak; ours is at eight
    • For all their offensive weapons Denver has the 8th ranked offense and actually the 4th best defense
    • Kyle is questionable with his back but we could use him against pesky Canadian Blue Arrow Maple Curry Jamal Murray
    Last edited by Scraptor; Sun Dec 2nd, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

2. Likes consmap, planetmars, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks good (but the game is at 7:30)

4. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A 5:30pm start would suck. I guess Albertans and West Coasters get screwed on a daily basis.

My man #ScraptorForTheWinStreak

6. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    5:30 in Denver
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

8. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer 007's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I still have nightmares from the last time we visited Denver. Let's avenge that beat-down please

Raptors Republic All-Star bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep the streak scraptor!!

11. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    A 5:30pm start would suck. I guess Albertans and West Coasters get screwed on a daily basis.

Yep tell me about it get 3 beers in me then 7 o clock rolls around and i lose my motivation to make dinner

13. Likes Mack North liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post

Yeah sorry everybody I always convert the times into mountain in my head as I am here on Hoth I mean Calgary

Mack if you or one of the mods could edit the title that'd be awesome, it won't let me change it

15. Likes Mack North, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't scare me like that again Scrap. I was about to start coming up with an excuse to leave work 2 hours early
    OG is our king

17. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Yep tell me about it get 3 beers in me then 7 o clock rolls around and i lose my motivation to make dinner
    3 beers ARE dinner ....

19. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Felder-Boucher-Adel trio has been killing it in the 905. Mahlalela doing something right down there

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The Felder-Boucher-Adel trio has been killing it in the 905. Mahlalela doing something right down there
    They're curently 9-3 and winners of 4 in a row. Nice.
    Now if someone down there can shoot the 3 at 40% ....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Denver is coming in as just about as hot as the Raps are. 6-4 in their last 10 but winners of 5 in a row.
    Should be a good challenge and no altitude issues to deal with ......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    They're curently 9-3 and winners of 4 in a row. Nice.
    Now if someone down there can shoot the 3 at 40% ....
    Yeah that'd be nice. I know Boucher is technically a PF-C, but I wonder if they gave him some of CJ's minutes at SF how he would do.

Durant played a lot SF in OKC, and is about the same height as Boucher. I think if Boucher went down a position and didn't have to deal with big C's (or PF's), he would thrive. He's tall but he's too light to play C/PF. He would defend better then CJ, shoot the 3 better, while also being more effective in rebounding & blocking. It would kill CJ's confidence if he lost minutes to Boucher, so I'd think twice before doing it, but I think it would help the team...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah that'd be nice. I know Boucher is technically a PF-C, but I wonder if they gave him some of CJ's minutes at SF how he would do.

Durant played a lot SF in OKC, and is about the same height as Boucher. I think if Boucher went down a position and didn't have to deal with big C's (or PF's), he would thrive. He's tall but he's too light to play C/PF. He would defend better then CJ, shoot the 3 better, while also being more effective in rebounding & blocking. It would kill CJ's confidence if he lost minutes to Boucher, so I'd think twice before doing it, but I think it would help the team...
    No need for Boucher to play SF. OG can do that and Boucher would play PF. But he's still raw, next year maybe.
    First Team All Nonsense

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I mean no offense dude but you can't just randomly turn a tall skinny guy into a SF just because a top-15 all time hall of famer did it. Position depends on skillset as much as if not more than height, and there's no evidence Boucher has the handles or defense or BBIQ to play the three. Plus he turns 26 in January and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I mean no offense dude but you can't just randomly turn a tall skinny guy into a SF just because a top-15 all time hall of famer did it. Position depends on skillset as much as if not more than height, and there's no evidence Boucher has the handles or defense or BBIQ to play the three. Plus he turns 26 in January and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
    He's not really an old dog. There's guys that have been in college for longer than he's played ball. Everything for him is a new trick. Having said that, he doesn't look like a SF.

28. Likes Joey liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Of course, in terms of BBIQ and skill there obviously no comparison between the two players (Boucher & Durant), just the tall/skinny frame; what I question now is that given how Miles is playing (on both ends), if Boucher would be a better defender and shooter on that position. Miles is not a ballhandler/playmaker either. Boucher (albeit only in the 905) has led fast breaks coast to coast handling the ball. There's no way to know unless it's tried in practice/games, but at least compared to this version of CJ, Boucher is taller, not much slower (he's lighter and 5 years younger), can shoot well from outside with confidence, can defend at least as well as Miles, and is a better shot blocker.

Not saying he should be a rotation piece on an important year like this, but in an positionless basketball era, I don't know if there are that many "new tricks" that he needs to learn in order to surpass CJ.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 at 12:00 AM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of course, in terms of BBIQ and skill there obviously no comparison between the two players (Boucher & Durant), just the tall/skinny frame; what I question now is that given how Miles is playing (on both ends), if Boucher would be a better defender and shooter on that position. Miles is not a ballhandler/playmaker either. Boucher (albeit only in the 905) has led fast breaks coast to coast handling the ball. There's no way to know unless it's tried in practice/games, but at least compared to this version of CJ, Boucher is taller, not much slower (he's lighter and 5 years younger), can shoot well from outside with confidence, can defend at least as well as Miles, and is a better shot blocker.

Not saying he should be a rotation piece on an important year like this, but i an positionless basketball era, I don't know if there are that many "new tricks" that needs to learn in order to surpass CJ.
    Boucher is not really "positionless". He plays classic C role with 905. He screen and rolls, goes for offensive put backs and pick and pops on occasion. He handles once in a while in transition but it's not consistent thing with him. I don't know if he'll successed in that role with big club let alone in completely different position. I would look into bringing Jordan Loyd or Deng Abel or Malcolm Miller when he gets healthy before attempting Boucher as SF experiment.

Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 at 12:07 AM.
    First Team All Nonsense

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information