Likes Likes:  156
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #25: Denver Nuggets 106 (16-7) - Toronto Raptors 103 (20-5)

Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Boucher is not really "positionless". He plays classic C role with 905. He screen and rolls, goes for offensive put backs and pick and pops on occasion. He handles once in a while in transition but it's not consistent thing with him. I don't know if he'll successed in that role with big club let alone in completely different position. I would look into bringing Jordan Loyd or Deng Abel or Malcolm Miller when he gets healthy before attempting Boucher as SF experiment.

I don't disagree with this, I think eventually Boucher will have to make a decision as to what direction he wants to take his body. He's a talented guy (probably too talented for the G-league), but doesn't have the physical weight to play PF/C in the NBA. So he will either have to bulk up significantly (at the risk of losing some of his agility) and try to make it at as PF/C, or he improves his handles and quickness and play one position down.

This process won't happen within a season, he will need a summer to work this out, but the point being is that there are a few players in the 905 now (including Boucher, Adel and a healthy Miller like you mentioned) that are not that far off from potentially being more NBA impactful then CJ currently.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

tank full steam ahead
    First Team All Nonsense

4. Likes Demographic Shift liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

But he's a genius! LOL. Hoiberg is exhibit A when it comes to being wary of "genius" college coaches. $25,000,000 down the tubes....

6. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    But he's a genius! LOL. Hoiberg is exhibit A when it comes to being wary of "genius" college coaches. $25,000,000 down the tubes....
    Yes... he joins a long line of RR forum coaching genius's.

My personal favorite was the campaign for the can't miss why doesn't Masai hire him.... Kevin Ollie (currently unemployed)

8. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So number 1 in the East... takes on number 1 in the west tonight at the Vault....

Thining that Lowry recovers from life saving back spasm treatment over the weekend and with a full complement of players (sans Norm) the Raps just clock the Nuggets tonight.

10. Likes SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Nba coaching I truly believe more than anything else is about managing people. You can have all the genius x and o playbooks and ideas you want, if you cant implement them and get everybody to buy in to your concept, they're not the worth the paper they're printed on.

In college and Jr sports youre at the mercy of your coach. He holds all the cards for your next step. The nba is the exact opposite, it's a players league where those kids are now millionaires with shoe contacts and guaranteed deals. That's the biggest change
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

12. Likes slaw, Beneperez, SkywalkerAC, Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Nba coaching I truly believe more than anything else is about managing people. You can have all the genius x and o playbooks and ideas you want, if you cant implement them and get everybody to buy in to your concept, they're not the worth the paper they're printed on.

In college and Jr sports youre at the mercy of your coach. He holds all the cards for your next step. The nba is the exact opposite, it's a players league where those kids are now millionaires with shoe contacts and guaranteed deals. That's the biggest change
    OKC Scott Brooks is the counter example - or at least an example where you need a minimum of both. Brooks is a players coach who was overly loyal to Kendrick Perkins to the point where he didn't recognize that he had the perfect modern NBA lineup when the Heat adjusted and went small in that OKC-MIA finals. 3 future MVPs + prime Ibaka in that lineup and the Brooks deferred to Kendrick Perkins. lol.

14. Likes Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    OKC Scott Brooks is the counter example - or at least an example where you need a minimum of both. Brooks is a players coach who was overly loyal to Kendrick Perkins to the point where he didn't recognize that he had the perfect modern NBA lineup when the Heat adjusted and went small in that OKC-MIA finals. 3 future MVPs + prime Ibaka in that lineup and the Brooks deferred to Kendrick Perkins. lol.
    Well, that's an example of a pushover. Managing people = getting them to buy in to the RIGHT thing, not just giving your 5 highest paid guys what they want

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People constantly conflate personnel, management and coaching. Without defending Hoiberg, exactly what moves did the Bulls management make to help him succeed? Hoiberg is the fall guy for GarPax's questionable decisions. Maybe Hoiberg is a lousy NBA coach, maybe he isn't. But GarPax definitely set him up for failure. That's the way I see it.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

17. Likes Rudy Bargnani, Scraptor liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    People constantly conflate personnel, management and coaching. Without defending Hoiberg, exactly what moves did the Bulls management make to help him succeed? Hoiberg is the fall guy for GarPax's questionable decisions. Maybe Hoiberg is a lousy NBA coach, maybe he isn't. But GarPax definitely set him up for failure. That's the way I see it.
    I donít even see the need to fire him. The Bulls arenít good. Changing coaches wonít change that unless you miraculously hire the next Pop.
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

19. Likes Demographic Shift liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hoiberg was getting complaints long before this core. He couldn't coach Butler and those guys either. They had a good roster his first year and lost 10 wins from Thibs the year before.

Also I do agree that GarPax is horrible

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    I don’t even see the need to fire him. The Bulls aren’t good. Changing coaches won’t change that unless you miraculously hire the next Pop.
    I remember reading something about how none of the players actually liked playing for him ... which is probably important. If he's lost the team, then he needs to go. Brett Brown has managed to work through the transition because even when they were bad, he had the players respect.

22. Likes KeonClark, A.I, Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nuggz should be a good measuring stick. Hope my daughter can sit still and night destroy the xmas tree while I watch this one.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    If GarPax has concluded that Hoiberg is a crappy coach, then this is the year you want your team to be crappy. Why mess with a good thing? Or maybe he's not losing enough. Probably the latter.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Nuggz should be a good measuring stick. Hope my daughter can sit still and night destroy the xmas tree while I watch this one.
    Put her In a kennel for a couple hours. Worked for me as a kid

26. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    I don’t even see the need to fire him. The Bulls aren’t good. Changing coaches won’t change that unless you miraculously hire the next Pop.
    The only exception to that, IMO, is if they'd think of giving Boylen the long-term HC job, and want to give him a solid look for the rest of the year. I don't know much about him but he was on Charlotte's radar for HC this year.

29. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Put her In a kennel for a couple hours. Worked for me as a kid
    People use an iPad nowadays. The kennel might be a better idea....

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information