Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec 15th is almost here! Who are you interested in for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.
    LOL, what?

Fred did exactly that last year (on this team no less!), was amazing at it last year (in the NBA no less!), nearly won 6th man of the year by doing it last year, and we should go get Jimmer freaking Fredette who can obviously do it just as well. That's an incredible take.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      If all we want is a shooter and Miles can't deliver. Shouldn't we just sign Jimmer Fredette?
      No? We should sign NBA quality players, not non-NBA quality players. Next we'll be seeing people saying we should sign Heslip.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        facepalm.gif

Just because we're asking Delon to be the primary QB on the bench does not mean Jimmer Fredette can walk in and replace the things Fred does. NBA rotation guys don't grow on trees. Once Jimmer is done shooting that 3 he actually has to play the rest of the 5 on 5 basketball game.
        Is FVV actually an NBA rotation player, though? Or was last year an aberration, i.e., a perfect storm that hid his flaws? I mean, if Fred isn't bringing shooting, defense and high IQ play... what's the point? At times, he looks like a smaller version of CoJo out there.

Comment

What is fascination with Jimmer? Dude scores 50 in a loss in China
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The things we need right now are to get Lowry's shooting and OG's defense back. We are sunk in the playoffs if those two don't return to form. And if I had to pick between the two I would value OG's defense. We need him against elite scorers.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              The things we need right now are to get Lowry's shooting and OG's defense back. We are sunk in the playoffs if those two don't return to form. And if I had to pick between the two I would value OG's defense. We need him against elite scorers.
              We need somebody to orchestrate the offense lol
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Is FVV actually an NBA rotation player, though? Or was last year an aberration, i.e., a perfect storm that hid his flaws? I mean, if Fred isn't bringing shooting, defense and high IQ play... what's the point? At times, he looks like a smaller version of CoJo out there.
                And he was a good player too, despite his flaws and the fact he became a whipping boy around here.

Fred has been fairly poor this season. Hed be the first to admit it. But hes a good defender and clutch gene is there, and we're not even at the 1/3 pole.

I'm holding on to my fred vanvleet stock
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  What is fascination with Jimmer? Dude scores 50 in a loss in China
                  I think he scored 73 lol
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.
                    Ty Lawson played well against us in the playoffs.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      No? We should sign NBA quality players, not non-NBA quality players. Next we'll be seeing people saying we should sign Heslip.
                      I was joking, but only half joking because I remembered we also have CJ Miles who does nothing.

If we want to get better, we should look at Jeremy Lin. Who will be dirt cheap. He can run the point, create his own shots, play two positions, decent team defender, run the damn PNR because apparently its rocket science and can shoot a high % from 3.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        I was joking, but only half joking because I remembered we also have CJ Miles who does nothing.

If we want to get better, we should look at Jeremy Lin. Who will be dirt cheap. He can run the point, create his own shots, play two positions, decent team defender, run the damn PNR because apparently its rocket science and can shoot a high % from 3.
                        Define decent. Not totally against it, though.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          And he was a good player too, despite his flaws and the fact he became a whipping boy around here.

Fred has been fairly poor this season. Hed be the first to admit it. But hes a good defender and clutch gene is there, and we're not even at the 1/3 pole.

I'm holding on to my fred vanvleet stock
                          Agreed. Not ready to write him off. He's still young, still relatively inexperienced, and it looks like Nurse made the right call in playing him off the ball more against Philly. Let's see if it sticks.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. Not ready to write him off. He's still young, still relatively inexperienced, and it looks like Nurse made the right call in playing him off the ball more against Philly. Let's see if it sticks.
                            Fred will bounce back.

If there's one player I would pursue is Wayne Ellington, but the only piece I'd be okay moving on this team on a year like this is CJ, and I don't think Miami does that, even if it's with a pick attached.

Also moving players on a year where we're already set to be close to the top of the league as is, can be dubious.

Houston was a 65 win team, and was giving trouble to Golden State (until Chris Paul went down). For some reason they got fidgety and impatient with the development and maturing of a great team they already had, and decided to get rid of two very good role players and defenders (Ariza and Mbah-Moute), to go after Melo. Now with a almost a third of the season under way, they look like a shell of what they were.

Comment

We need a shooter. Anyone available?
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

as long as we get rid of CJ Miles, I'd be happy

Comment

Working...
                                X