Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec 15th is almost here! Who are you interested in for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 15th is almost here! Who are you interested in for the Raps?

Just thought I'd canvas the forum to see if there are trade targets opening on Dec 15th that people are interested for the Raps.

For some, I'd imagine there's some interest in Vince Carter coming back.

Bradley Beal
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I just really hope Trevor Ariza doesn't end up in Philly somehow.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Legit concern, especially with the talk that Phoenix is waiting to let him go

Comment

I'm telling you man. Fultz for Ariza. Makes sense for both teams. I wonder if Phoenix does it though.

I'd love for Masai to try and get him though. He'd be a nice addition to the bench. Maybe get Bender in the process to put on the 905.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            I'm telling you man. Fultz for Ariza. Makes sense for both teams. I wonder if Phoenix does it though.

I'd love for Masai to try and get him though. He'd be a nice addition to the bench. Maybe get Bender in the process to put on the 905.
            I think there's an almost zero chance Ariza ends up in Philly now. Fultz's timetable is indefinite and I am pretty sure the Suns are itching to get a point guard, which is why they cut Canaan--to see if they had anything in Okobo or Melton before making a move.

I also think Morey is pretty desperate to get Ariza back and cutting House is in preparation for that. It may also be why Brandon Knight is starting to get some news. Either Knight gets sent back to the Suns with a pick or some other three team deal, but I think after missing out on Butler the Rockets will go hard at Ariza.

Comment

For us, zero interest in Carter. I honestly don't think we need any tweaks, we have guys for just about every situation. The only thing I'd really be interested in is if we go after another star like Bradley Beal, though he may not become available unless the Wizards hit the skids a while longer.

Danny is great but the end of the Nuggets game reminded me of his many inconsistent playoff shooting performances with the Spurs. A true second scoring option after Kawhi would be excellent to have in the playoffs, especially one as young as Beal.

Comment

I'm not sure if Masai is looking at the trade market this season. Delon is the first name that comes to mind. He didn't get an extension so is tradeable. But we kind of need him. We've seen Fred run the bench and he's not been very good. Wright hasn't been great, but the alternative is Brown.

CJ has been awful. Does he have any interest in the league? He still has a year on his deal after this one, so there is risk if he's now a below 30% 3pt shooter.

I would do a JV for Tristan swap (talked about it in a different thread). But that's really not going to move the needle that much.. and Cavs may not even care for it. Outside of Tristan, JV really is only going to be useful for the Raptors. We need his rebounding and understanding of our system, and he'd be more important to us than to any other team.

We're not moving any of the starters. Even if a guy like Beal is actually available.. our starters are untouchable. So that would be some weird combo of bench guys like JV+OG. And I don't see Washington taking that deal.. not when Beal has a really great contract and every team in the NBA will want him on their roster.

So I really think if a new guy is added to our roster it will be as a buyout candidate.

Maybe Ariza but I suspect he'll be going back to Houston if he is bought out. I bet there was some wink-wink thing going on behind the scenes this summer there. Houston lets him get a fat salary for a year.. and still gets to use him in the playoffs.

Another guy to look for is Wayne Ellington from Miami. Great shooter.. way more consistent than CJ IMO. If Miami continues to struggle and are looking at the lottery.. maybe they let Ellington play for a contender. He's a UFA in the summer. Although he's only making about $6.7M so a team could trade a 2nd rounder for him and Miami then gets something of value.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  For us, zero interest in Carter. I honestly don't think we need any tweaks, we have guys for just about every situation. The only thing I'd really be interested in is if we go after another star like Bradley Beal, though he may not become available unless the Wizards hit the skids a while longer.

Danny is great but the end of the Nuggets game reminded me of his many inconsistent playoff shooting performances with the Spurs. A true second scoring option after Kawhi would be excellent to have in the playoffs, especially one as young as Beal.
                  Don't know how realistic this would be or what it would cost, but a player like Beal could help.

Comment

i see us standing pat till later in the season and more teams certain if their pushing for the playoffs or tanking. only thing im interested in is picking a vet off the waiver wire (Not Vince tho). or trading a 2nd rounder for a veteran shooter/defender.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

No to quitter carter
                      And I don't think we have the horses to trade for Beal
                      What can we get for Miles and an injnured Norm

Comment

To get Beal we would have to give up JV, Miles and Powell... and I dont see washington doing that since really what is the point then.

They are aiming for some picks probably...

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                          To get Beal we would have to give up JV, Miles and Powell... and I dont see washington doing that since really what is the point then.

They are aiming for some picks probably...
                          Absolutely. It'll be interesting to see how Washington pans out if they decide to go full fire sale. With some of the contract sizes (particularly Wall's), they may need multiple teams to get involved to make the money work

Comment

I'd be curious if the Clippers were taking calls. Send them Miles and take back Mbah a Moute and contracts to balance money. Mbah a Moute could be a stronger piece coming off the bench.

Edit: I recognize LA wouldn't do this, I was just daring to dream
                            Last edited by can't teach wingspan; Wed Dec 5, 2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                              I'd be curious if the Clippers were taking calls. Send them Miles and take back Mbah a Moute and contracts to balance money. Mbah a Moute could be a stronger piece coming off the bench.
                              I dont see why the Clips would do this trade...

Comment

Working...
                              X