Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec 15th is almost here! Who are you interested in for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sanyo wrote: View Post
    I dont see why the Clips would do this trade...
    I'm not sure why they would either haha just a little day dream

Comment

Bring in a pg. someone like Jeremy Lin who can be a spot up shooter when we play multi-pg lineups

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        I'm telling you man. Fultz for Ariza. Makes sense for both teams. I wonder if Phoenix does it though.

I'd love for Masai to try and get him though. He'd be a nice addition to the bench. Maybe get Bender in the process to put on the 905.
        Man i dont like the idea of phily getting better but thats a good trade. I wouldnt be surprised if most teams are out on Fultz though and I think if he goes to most teams his career will be fucked to be honest. I think Portland, Miami and San Antonio would be interesting though. Wouldnt make sense for Toronto unless he was dirt cheap, but I think he could turn himself around there.

As for the Raps, honestly not sure they need to make a deal. It might be nice to get some more bench scoring, but I honestly don’t see how you make a meaningful upgrade to the top 8. I still think this team can get a lot better.

Comment

Phoenix had strong interest in FVV in the off-season. They’ve been looking for a PG for ages. Miles needs heavy minutes to get his shooting stroke back. We can do something like this:

FVV + CJ Miles for
          Ariza + Troy Daniels

Our bench becomes:
          Wright / Daniels / Ariza / OG / JV

That’s a playoff team in the East, on its own. Our wing depth becomes insane. We can pickup another depth PG from China or the G League to replace Freddy.

Comment

Washington's winning games again. Don't think they abandon the Wall/Beal tandam after all.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Phoenix had strong interest in FVV in the off-season. They’ve been looking for a PG for ages. Miles needs heavy minutes to get his shooting stroke back. We can do something like this:

FVV + CJ Miles for
              Ariza + Troy Daniels

Our bench becomes:
              Wright / Daniels / Ariza / OG / JV

That’s a playoff team in the East, on its own. Our wing depth becomes insane. We can pickup another depth PG from China or the G League to replace Freddy.
              I like Ariza but I don't want an asset that expires given our cap situation. Without Bird rights we just lose that value for next year I think.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Washington's winning games again. Don't think they abandon the Wall/Beal tandam after all.

Yeah the talk out of DC is that they want to retool around Wall/Beal. It would take a real car crash of a season for them to give up on those two. More likely they will try to find a taker for Otto Porter.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  They've beat the Nets, Knicks (barely) and Hawks (they gave up a 45-point quarter). This is still a below average team....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    They've beat the Nets, Knicks (barely) and Hawks (they gave up a 45-point quarter). This is still a below average team....
                    That's never stopped dumb management teams into convincing themselves to hold on long past the expiry dates.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Yeah the talk out of DC is that they want to retool around Wall/Beal. It would take a real car crash of a season for them to give up on those two. More likely they will try to find a taker for Otto Porter.
                      Are there teams looking for Otto Porter? I'm not being a smart-ass, I just haven't seen anything.

Personally, it wouldn't shock me if no trades are made with Washington. They're on a streak and could overtake Charlotte/Orlando soon, depending on how things play out. They could be leaning on waiting until Dwight comes back to "properly assess."

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                        Are there teams looking for Otto Porter? I'm not being a smart-ass, I just haven't seen anything.

Personally, it wouldn't shock me if no trades are made with Washington. They're on a streak and could overtake Charlotte/Orlando soon, depending on how things play out. They could be leaning on waiting until Dwight comes back to "properly assess."
                        I think New Orleans had interest in Porter at one point.. but they may have offered Washington a bunch of scrubs. Porter is a good player but not worth his contract. And teams will be willing to take that contract but only if they unload the worst of theirs.

It's not going to be easy for the Wizards to rebuild unless they take pennies on the dollar or offer Beal. Beal can get them a nice haul. He's got a value contract and a long term deal to boot.

So they may just hope to get the 8th seed again and pay the tax to do it. If they fail though, that's what causes most GM's to get fired.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure if Masai is looking at the trade market this season. Delon is the first name that comes to mind. He didn't get an extension so is tradeable. But we kind of need him. We've seen Fred run the bench and he's not been very good. Wright hasn't been great, but the alternative is Brown.

CJ has been awful. Does he have any interest in the league? He still has a year on his deal after this one, so there is risk if he's now a below 30% 3pt shooter.

I would do a JV for Tristan swap (talked about it in a different thread). But that's really not going to move the needle that much.. and Cavs may not even care for it. Outside of Tristan, JV really is only going to be useful for the Raptors. We need his rebounding and understanding of our system, and he'd be more important to us than to any other team.

We're not moving any of the starters. Even if a guy like Beal is actually available.. our starters are untouchable. So that would be some weird combo of bench guys like JV+OG. And I don't see Washington taking that deal.. not when Beal has a really great contract and every team in the NBA will want him on their roster.

So I really think if a new guy is added to our roster it will be as a buyout candidate.

Maybe Ariza but I suspect he'll be going back to Houston if he is bought out. I bet there was some wink-wink thing going on behind the scenes this summer there. Houston lets him get a fat salary for a year.. and still gets to use him in the playoffs.

Another guy to look for is Wayne Ellington from Miami. Great shooter.. way more consistent than CJ IMO. If Miami continues to struggle and are looking at the lottery.. maybe they let Ellington play for a contender. He's a UFA in the summer. Although he's only making about $6.7M so a team could trade a 2nd rounder for him and Miami then gets something of value.
                          Yup I've been thinking of Ellington as well. I know he's killed us in particular which might cause me to overrate him but his numbers are good in general and he would be affordable. I love Danny Green for many reasons but with the system Nurse employs we need another shooter as CJ seems permanently lost.

Comment

If all we want is a shooter and Miles can't deliver. Shouldn't we just sign Jimmer Fredette?

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                              If all we want is a shooter and Miles can't deliver. Shouldn't we just sign Jimmer Fredette?
                              Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I mean that's basically what people are saying Freddy's role should be limited to off the bench, i.e., spot-up, off-the-ball shooter with secondary ball handling responsibilities. Sounds just like Jimmer. Just hope he's improved his defense. Probably some other guys in China or G-league who could fill that role.
                                facepalm.gif

Just because we're asking Delon to be the primary QB on the bench does not mean Jimmer Fredette can walk in and replace the things Fred does. NBA rotation guys don't grow on trees. Once Jimmer is done shooting that 3 he actually has to play the rest of the 5 on 5 basketball game.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X