Valanciunas

BKN:
    Russell
    Harris
    Crabbe
    Hollis-Jefferson
    Allen

(Hopefully) Interesting stats:

- Raptors rank 3rd in ORTG (113.7), 7th in DRTG (106.0), and 2nd in Net RTG (+7.7). We are 21-5. That's the most wins in the league (and best win %).
    - Nets rank 15th in ORTG (108.2), 22nd in DRTG (110.2), and 23rd in Net RTG (-2.0). They are 8-18. That's the 5th most losses in the league (tied for 5th worst in win %).
    - Brooklyn's biggest weakness is their defensive rebounding, which is 3rd worst in the league (69.7%). The Raptors are a mediocre offensive rebounding team (13th, 28.4%).
    - Brooklyn is 3-10 at home and 5-8 on the road, so no real home court advantage to speak of, it seems. Meanwhile, the Raptors are 11-3 at home and 10-2 on the road.

Performance model predicts a Raptors win with a very nice 69% certainty.

Edit: it should be noted that the performance model also only predicts a current record of 17 wins, not 21, so the Raps have been outperforming the model consistently.
    Last edited by DanH; Fri Dec 7, 2018, 08:31 PM.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Fuck Brooklyn

Comment

Never Forget:

Comment

I solemnly swear to always Fuck Brooklyn

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just realized that the Spurs have the 2nd worst record in the West. Yikes.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
            That team is not very good. With some apologies to the former Raptors, a "Big 3" of DeRozan, Aldridge, and Gay is going to have certain...limitations. 2nd worst DRTG in the entire league.

Losing the guys they did hurts for sure, but even with them + Pop at the helm I'd think their best case scenario would have been scratching and clawing for the 8 spot.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              That team is not very good. With some apologies to the former Raptors, a "Big 3" of DeRozan, Aldridge, and Gay is going to have certain...limitations. 2nd worst DRTG in the entire league.

Losing the guys they did hurts for sure, but even with them + Pop at the helm I'd think their best case scenario would have been scratching and clawing for the 8 spot.
              I had friends who were DeRozan stans ask me, "how will you feel if DeRozan goes on to win a championship this year?"

Didn't even need to dignify that with a response.

Comment

Wow Lakers beat SA again. What is it with Demar & Lebron led teams?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I had friends who were DeRozan stans ask me, "how will you feel if DeRozan goes on to win a championship this year?"

If DeRozan ever wins a championship, he was at best the 3rd best player on that team

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                    But only 6.5 games back of 1st. That split would be good for 6th in the East. The Parity out West is scary.

Comment

Brooklyn Bridge Taken Over By Raptors

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        If DeRozan ever wins a championship, he was at best the 3rd best player on that team
                        I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If Derozan wins a championship it will be as a sixth man. He can’t do it as the main scorer and his defensive and 3 point limitations stop him from being effective playing with 1 or 2 true championship level players.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

"Pop will make him amazing in his system"
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            "Pop will make him amazing in his system"
                            TBf derozan has not been the problem

Comment

This is what you call a trap game. After Brooklyn we go up against 7 tough opponents in a row.

With LeVert out this should be easy. Just need a good game.. and not like the one against the Cavs. That one sucked.

Comment

Working...
                              X