rocwell wrote: View Post
    oh they are "bad" bad
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Lol. Gobert was ejected 3 mins into the game

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Lol. Gobert was ejected 3 mins into the game
        And Utah has dominated since. That fired them up.

Comment

Capela with a weird way to get 10 rebounds - 9 offensive, 1 defensive.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Another day, another feature article

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...ers-elite-east
              Man when Kawhi dunked that

OG is our king

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                Bayless is a complete idiot but also works for Fox. Popovich is a left leaning Democrat; might even be a good candidate. He would be a natural target. I would say that part of the Popovich reputation is based on the Spurs actually NOT having overwhelming talent during their championship years. Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.
                It was an era before all the fake super teams so easier to win with good/excellent players on a real TEAM.
                And you underestimate Tim Duncan imo

Comment

game day
                  Game Day
                  GAME DAY!

Oh....it's Brooklyn....

Still, GAME DAY!!!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    game day
                    Game Day
                    GAME DAY!

Oh....it's Brooklyn....

Still, GAME DAY!!!
                    Lol, exactly. Hard to even muster an 'F* Brooklyn', because the Nets pretty much effed themselves. Not feeling sorry for them either, just a whole lot of meh. Get the W and hope nobody gets injured.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      game day
                      Game Day
                      GAME DAY!

Oh....it's Brooklyn....

Still, GAME DAY!!!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                        Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.
                        Dominate in what way though? I get what you're saying but this is mostly about general perception aka ESPN highlights, no? Duncan didn't give you 360 dunks or 60 point games, so if that's the dominance/recognition we're looking for, then no. But he did completely dominate the league in that he's arguably the best PF of all time and such a flat out winning basketball player that he is your cornerstone player for the most extended run of success not only in NBA history, but in the top tier of team sports period. I mean I think I'd call that dominance.

The difference with the Duncan Spurs, Kawhi Spurs, and current Spurs is the previous iterations always had championship potential. The current version definitely does not.

I agree this is likely just a short-term attempt at keeping the team as competitive as possible until Pop retires. Coaching a team that can't defend is likely to make him retire sooner rather than later tho.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Just need the energy and its a W

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Dominate in what way though? I get what you're saying but this is mostly about general perception aka ESPN highlights, no? Duncan didn't give you 360 dunks or 60 point games, so if that's the dominance/recognition we're looking for, then no. But he did completely dominate the league in that he's arguably the best PF of all time and such a flat out winning basketball player that he is your cornerstone player for the most extended run of success not only in NBA history, but in the top tier of team sports period. I mean I think I'd call that dominance.

The difference with the Duncan Spurs, Kawhi Spurs, and current Spurs is the previous iterations always had championship potential. The current version definitely does not.

I agree this is likely just a short-term attempt at keeping the team as competitive as possible until Pop retires. Coaching a team that can't defend is likely to make him retire sooner rather than later tho.
                            Duncan was dominant defensively.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Duncan was damn dominate. You could build a team because he did everything right.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Lol, exactly. Hard to even muster an 'F* Brooklyn', because the Nets pretty much effed themselves. Not feeling sorry for them either, just a whole lot of meh. Get the W and hope nobody gets injured.
                                Whenever I feel this way(and I do), I remind myself how bad I wanted basketball in August
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X