Game #27: TOR @ BKN, Friday December 7th 2018, 7:30 PM ET, SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is what you call a trap game. After Brooklyn we go up against 7 tough opponents in a row.

With LeVert out this should be easy. Just need a good game.. and not like the one against the Cavs. That one sucked.
    Thank you for continuing the tradition of someone calling every game against a sub .500 team the trap game
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Nets are having a tough run... They lost Levert and they just haven't been able to close games they have in hand.

The coughed up a 20 point lead to the Thunder last night.... had a 7 point lead and the ball with less than a minute to go and lost that to Memphis....

Hoping the tradition continues against the Raps on Friday.... and they take their 9th L in a row. At least they have their draft choice this year.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Thank you for continuing the tradition of someone calling every game against a sub .500 team the trap game
        I was totally going to post "trap game" in pink font, but cooler heads prevailed.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I hate close-outs when players jump in the air. Horrible strategy. Either you foul the player on the shot, or they do what George did, sidestep and get an open look

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.
                  Bayless is an idiot. This only makes sense if you thought the only reason the Spurs won was Popovich's coaching, which is absurd.

There are no saviors or white knights. Organizations succeed when everyone involved does their own job well. Popovich is a great coach but he was always only one guy who needed everyone else around him to be great, too. He may have had an outsized impact on the team but lots of other people mattered/matter, too. And while he deserves lots of credit for the Spurs achievements, he was never the only one.

As for their talent, I can't be critical of a front office that has sustained that level for that long. I think the issue has been that they have tried to cobble together a competitive team for Pop until he retires but Kawhi leaving made that really tough. Once they decide to rebuild it will be a different story.

Comment

A couple weeks ago skip was blathering on how hed take DeRozan over Kawhi any day.

That's what I love about 82 games + playoffs. The cream always rises to the top.

Comment

Another day, another feature article

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...ers-elite-east

The defining Kawhi Leonard highlight in a night full of Kawhi Leonard highlights came from when he used just one Klaw (naturally). With four minutes left in the fourth quarter in Wednesday night’s 113-102 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers, Leonard snagged a defensive rebound over Ben Simmons and sprinted toward his own basket. Joel Embiid tried to keep stride, but the Toronto star left him behind at the Raptors’ free throw line. As Leonard took flight, he passed by a swipe from Jimmy Butler. He went by each of Philly’s Big Three for a single, game-sealing one-handed dunk. In that moment, it seemed like the Raptors had left the Sixers behind in the race for Eastern Conference supremacy.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I solemnly swear to always Fuck Brooklyn

For real though ... we need to remind them at any chance we get, for as long as history allows, that they may have won that small battle, but we won the war.

Fuck Brooklyn. Amen.

Comment

I had the "it's a trap" gif all ready to go....seriously though, the Nets did just lose to OKC on a last second three. They can be tough.

Comment

I refuse to click on any skip bayless videos. the only way he goes away is if we ignore him.

Now he's going to start calling out popovich. He's just screaming nonsense to get a reaction

Comment

Bayless is a complete idiot but also works for Fox. Popovich is a left leaning Democrat; might even be a good candidate. He would be a natural target. I would say that part of the Popovich reputation is based on the Spurs actually NOT having overwhelming talent during their championship years. Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X