Likes Likes:  131
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 459

Thread: Game #27: TOR @ BKN, Friday December 7th 2018, 7:30 PM ET, SN1

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,196
    Likes (Given)
    3383
    Likes (Received)
    4303

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

    I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

    TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    60
    Likes (Given)
    88
    Likes (Received)
    24

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

    I hate close-outs when players jump in the air. Horrible strategy. Either you foul the player on the shot, or they do what George did, sidestep and get an open look

  3. Likes Nilanka liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,338
    Likes (Given)
    394
    Likes (Received)
    2570

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't K ow about Skip takes but people/broadcasts keep bringing up "Spurs culture" a lot. Look, they had championship calibre talent for 20 years and they don't anymore. It's that simple. The Ghost of Tim Duncan could preside over the locker room and infuse all the "culture" he wants into it, that's still going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league as long as the guys that are currently there are putting on those jerseys.

    TBH what I am most surprised by is that RC Buford has allowed the talent to wind down like this. Really thought he would keep finding ways to restock the cupboard perpetuly. Maybe it won't take them too long to retool.
    Bayless is an idiot. This only makes sense if you thought the only reason the Spurs won was Popovich's coaching, which is absurd.

    There are no saviors or white knights. Organizations succeed when everyone involved does their own job well. Popovich is a great coach but he was always only one guy who needed everyone else around him to be great, too. He may have had an outsized impact on the team but lots of other people mattered/matter, too. And while he deserves lots of credit for the Spurs achievements, he was never the only one.

    As for their talent, I can't be critical of a front office that has sustained that level for that long. I think the issue has been that they have tried to cobble together a competitive team for Pop until he retires but Kawhi leaving made that really tough. Once they decide to rebuild it will be a different story.

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,441
    Likes (Given)
    4353
    Likes (Received)
    7560

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

    A couple weeks ago skip was blathering on how hed take DeRozan over Kawhi any day.

    That's what I love about 82 games + playoffs. The cream always rises to the top.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,441
    Likes (Given)
    4353
    Likes (Received)
    7560

    Default

    Another day, another feature article

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...ers-elite-east

    The defining Kawhi Leonard highlight in a night full of Kawhi Leonard highlights came from when he used just one Klaw (naturally). With four minutes left in the fourth quarter in Wednesday night’s 113-102 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers, Leonard snagged a defensive rebound over Ben Simmons and sprinted toward his own basket. Joel Embiid tried to keep stride, but the Toronto star left him behind at the Raptors’ free throw line. As Leonard took flight, he passed by a swipe from Jimmy Butler. He went by each of Philly’s Big Three for a single, game-sealing one-handed dunk. In that moment, it seemed like the Raptors had left the Sixers behind in the race for Eastern Conference supremacy.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  7. Likes Joey, GOLDBLUM liked this post
  8. #26
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,237
    Likes (Given)
    13269
    Likes (Received)
    6508

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I solemnly swear to always Fuck Brooklyn

    For real though ... we need to remind them at any chance we get, for as long as history allows, that they may have won that small battle, but we won the war.

    Fuck Brooklyn. Amen.

  9. Likes KeonClark, Rudy Bargnani, JimiCliff liked this post
  10. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,717
    Likes (Given)
    1265
    Likes (Received)
    1269

    Default

    I had the "it's a trap" gif all ready to go....seriously though, the Nets did just lose to OKC on a last second three. They can be tough.

  11. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star Rudy Bargnani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,259
    Likes (Given)
    1019
    Likes (Received)
    377

    Default

    I refuse to click on any skip bayless videos. the only way he goes away is if we ignore him.

    Now he's going to start calling out popovich. He's just screaming nonsense to get a reaction

  12. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    811
    Likes (Given)
    258
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    Bayless is a complete idiot but also works for Fox. Popovich is a left leaning Democrat; might even be a good candidate. He would be a natural target. I would say that part of the Popovich reputation is based on the Spurs actually NOT having overwhelming talent during their championship years. Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.

  13. #30
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28,021
    Likes (Given)
    2740
    Likes (Received)
    7128

    Default


  14. #31
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,080
    Likes (Given)
    1834
    Likes (Received)
    3511

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    oh they are "bad" bad
    GASOLINE!!!

  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28,021
    Likes (Given)
    2740
    Likes (Received)
    7128

    Default

    Lol. Gobert was ejected 3 mins into the game

  16. Likes Joey liked this post
  17. #33
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    20,237
    Likes (Given)
    13269
    Likes (Received)
    6508

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Lol. Gobert was ejected 3 mins into the game
    And Utah has dominated since. That fired them up.

  18. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,470
    Likes (Given)
    1122
    Likes (Received)
    1322

    Default

    Capela with a weird way to get 10 rebounds - 9 offensive, 1 defensive.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  19. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,626
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    173

    Default




  20. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,648
    Likes (Given)
    2399
    Likes (Received)
    2351

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Another day, another feature article

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...ers-elite-east
    Man when Kawhi dunked that

    OG is our king

  21. Likes Nilanka, KeonClark liked this post
  22. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,440
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    473

    Default

    Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    Bayless is a complete idiot but also works for Fox. Popovich is a left leaning Democrat; might even be a good candidate. He would be a natural target. I would say that part of the Popovich reputation is based on the Spurs actually NOT having overwhelming talent during their championship years. Duncan was as steady a player as you could want but seldom dominated a game. Great for sure but an understated greatness. Parker was never seen as one of the very best point guards in the league and Ginobli was a great sixth man. The Spurs frequently beat teams with one or more superstars...and in the NBA superstars are allegedly what you need to win championships. So the belief grew that it was the Popovich system and not the players. It was both. With Kawhi healthy and wanting to play there the current cast would have been a playoff team. As it is they aren't far off.
    It was an era before all the fake super teams so easier to win with good/excellent players on a real TEAM.
    And you underestimate Tim Duncan imo

  23. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,440
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    473

    Default

    game day
    Game Day
    GAME DAY!

    Oh....it's Brooklyn....

    Still, GAME DAY!!!

  24. Likes DanH liked this post
  25. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,637
    Likes (Given)
    1039
    Likes (Received)
    3795

    Default

    Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    game day
    Game Day
    GAME DAY!

    Oh....it's Brooklyn....

    Still, GAME DAY!!!
    Lol, exactly. Hard to even muster an 'F* Brooklyn', because the Nets pretty much effed themselves. Not feeling sorry for them either, just a whole lot of meh. Get the W and hope nobody gets injured.

  26. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,196
    Likes (Given)
    3383
    Likes (Received)
    4303

    Default

    Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    game day
    Game Day
    GAME DAY!

    Oh....it's Brooklyn....

    Still, GAME DAY!!!
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •