Game #29: Raptors (21-7) @ Clippers (16-9); Tuesday, Dec 11th, at 1030pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Honestly that is the best answer to a dumb Toronto question I've ever heard a player give.
    Maybe second only to this exchange:
    “Does all the outside noise and talk bug you?”
    “I don’t pay attention to it”
    “How does that outside noise affect you?”
    “How can it affect me if I don’t pay attention to it?”

Paraphrasing but that was awesome

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      This is what happens when you legalize cannabis in a state that's already full of flakes and nuts.
      This, it's literally filled with crazy people, I honestly don't get LA hype except of the beaches and good weather, but that's not enough if you understand and appreciate benefits of trully modern cities, not glorified shitholes...
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        It's already up.
        Good thing we rested you in the 4th q last night
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Maybe second only to this exchange:
          “Does all the outside noise and talk bug you?”
          “I don’t pay attention to it”
          “How does that outside noise affect you?”
          “How can it affect me if I don’t pay attention to it?”

Paraphrasing but that was awesome

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

When he and Kawhi lock eyes

If Ballmer wants a player(s) bad enough, "personal service" contracts over and above the player salary might well come into play. Microsoft money is REAL monry. If you start seeing Durant and Kawhi hawking Windows 15, you know the gig is up
            Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Dec 12, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Wow. That WAS painful.
              "What's different about playing in Toronto instead of SA?"
              Nothing. Two goals and a court in a different city.

"How do you deal with the weather?"
              How do you reporters deal with NBA cities like Boston, Detroit, New York, Chicago, Cleveland, Philadelphia etc all of which can be colder or get more snow than Toronto?

"we play in a building" haha classic
              That's horrible. Two forces trying to pull/push/kawhi away: The Clippers tampering and these reporters. Hard to tell which one is worse. Probably the reporters.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                That's horrible. Two forces trying to pull/push/kawhi away: The Clippers tampering and these reporters. Hard to tell which one is worse. Probably the reporters.
                I guess this why they hired Lee Jenkins.... to manipulate the narrative and push their agenda in the press.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  If Ballmer wants a player(s) bad enough, "personal service" contracts over and above the player salary might well come into play. Microsoft money is REAL monry. If you start seeing Durant and Kawhi hawking Windows 15, you know the gig is up
                  Baseball has banned personal services contracts. Pujols got one from the Angels but it was for after he retired. I can't imagine any deal that ran while a player was actually playing would be permissible under the CBA.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Baseball has banned personal services contracts. Pujols got one from the Angels but it was for after he retired. I can't imagine any deal that ran while a player was actually playing would be permissible under the CBA.
                    It certainly would not. There are very real penalties to cap circumvention, and the NBA has almost unilateral ability to enforce it (in terms of punishing teams), and pretty much unilateral power to define what it is on a case by case basis.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Took a while but finally caught the game. Feels like the team has more energy when Kawhi is not playing. The ball sticks less often. There is more comaraderie. Would love to see Kawhi swing the ball more often when he's playing.

The front court was a beast. Ibaka, Siakam, JV and OG were all great. Kyle got his groove back. Fred was dishing dimes left right and center. Delon hit a couple of big 3's too.

Clippers are pretty mediocre and didn't have a full roster with Lou out. Plus were on a second game of a B2B. But still great win. Hope we keep that energy going tonight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Took a while but finally caught the game. Feels like the team has more energy when Kawhi is not playing. The ball sticks less often. There is more comaraderie. Would love to see Kawhi swing the ball more often when he's playing.

The front court was a beast. Ibaka, Siakam, JV and OG were all great. Kyle got his groove back. Fred was dishing dimes left right and center. Delon hit a couple of big 3's too.

Clippers are pretty mediocre and didn't have a full roster with Lou out. Plus were on a second game of a B2B. But still great win. Hope we keep that energy going tonight.
                        Agree with all but I wouldn't call the Clippers mediocre. I'd call the Clippers a darn good team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Took a while but finally caught the game. Feels like the team has more energy when Kawhi is not playing. The ball sticks less often. There is more comaraderie. Would love to see Kawhi swing the ball more often when he's playing.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Agree with all but I wouldn't call the Clippers mediocre. I'd call the Clippers a darn good team.
                          Yeah Clippers are good (and also maybe overachieving atm) but were gassed on the second night of a B2B and missing a key piece in Lou Williams. Raptors' may have got the W anyway (and should get full credit for playing up to their own potential) but a schedule assist definitely made it easier.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Last time he was in LA "How important are hugs Kawhi?"
                            What is the context for a question like that to be asked, I wonder..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              It should come off as tampering as far as I'm concerned
                              Meh. They should just get rid of all the tampering laws. Everyone knows it's all a farce.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Meh. They should just get rid of all the tampering laws. Everyone knows it's all a farce.
                                OK so just have open season on player recruitment year round while they're playing for small market teams?

No thanks, I like that they try and keep it to a minimum

Comment

Working...
                                X