Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #30: Raptors (22-7) @ Warriors (19-9); Wednesday, Dec 12th at 10:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Haven't had a chance to comment today until now.

That was such a great win. They played just like they did against LAC. No drop off at all in terms of execution. This is why the Lowry fans on this board rave about him.

He was everywhere. Hustling on defense.. hitting big shots. Setting up the offense. Getting everyone involved. Had 12 assists but could have had 16 or more if guys hit their shots. +23 for the night.

Serge was great too. But a very under rated performance from Fred. I mean he shut Curry down. Was just all over his grill all night. Curry finished with 10 points on 3-12 shooting when he's usually automatic.

We fricken swept the Warriors this season. What a team!
      Are the Warriors a good match up for the Raps?

1. Raps can make full use of FVV vs. Steph. Some teams Fred's lack of size is a problem, not with Golden State.
      2. Raps have the bevvy of wing defenders they need to throw lots of personnel at the Warriors on the perimeter.
      3. Raps can go big enough at most positions to take advantage of the Warriors playing a bit undersized.
      4. The talent on this version of the Warriors is top heavy, that roster is thin (see: the need for Alfonzo McKinnie). The Raptors are much deeper.

Toronto played some really good, close games against Golden State the last couple of years but usually came out just short at the end. This year Toronto is definitely up a level.

I mean I'm not proclaiming anything about the postseason yet, champs elevate their games for the playoffs and everybody in the league is still going to be a long shot vs. Golden State, but still. I feel like the Raps actually match up better vs. GS than they do against a couple other of the top teams.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Theoretically can he start playing with a cast on after two weeks?! Or you need to wait the entire 4 weeks?!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          So, what you're saying is our starting lineup is good offensively?
          No hes saying book lopez Carries the bucks
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Theoretically can he start playing with a cast on after two weeks?! Or you need to wait the entire 4 weeks?!
            I wanna see more moose before I stress about rushing JV back

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              Also, i've been sayin this for a long time. People likes to complain about the Raptors lack of media attention in the States. But what about th lack of media attention in this country?

The way they cover this team is embarassing.
              It is true that for the big nba fan in Canada we have to scour the net for content. I dunno how they expect to grow the same when the only coverage outside of the games is jack or leo rambling on for a few minutes on sportscentre. And they never talk about the rest of the league on Canadian tv either

Comment

• Last time Raps beat Warriors in Oracle, Jalen Rose was playing for the Raps and he broke his wrist that game. Decade later Raps beat Warriors in Oracle and JV got his hand fucked up

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  It is true that for the big nba fan in Canada we have to scour the net for content. I dunno how they expect to grow the same when the only coverage outside of the games is jack or leo rambling on for a few minutes on sportscentre. And they never talk about the rest of the league on Canadian tv either
                  I have RSS Feeds for ESPN, SI.com, Yahoo Sports and NBA.com all on my Homepage, and there has been consistent Raptors coverage throughout the season from all. SportsNet and TSN also have solid coverage on the channels, and show highlights from around the league. I really don't find it that hard to find Raps coverage these days. NBATV Canada also provides everything we could want from a League coverage perspective, and there's Canadian coverage like Tim and Sid, who talk Raptors/NBA all the time, and The Starters are Canadian as well. I think people forget that the state of California has more people in it than all of Canada.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Boucher earned it!
                    Does the Moose take JV's minutes straight up and Boucher ride the pine like Monroe usually does? I say Boucher gets some burn; mioght as well see what he brings to the NBA level.
                    Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Dec 13, 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                      Also, i've been sayin this for a long time. People likes to complain about the Raptors lack of media attention in the States. But what about th lack of media attention in this country?

The way they cover this team is embarassing.
                      Yup.

You don't just have to wade through watching the Leaf results but Rangers vs St Louis and Dallas vs Vegas and San Jose vs Florida before they get to the Raptors. It IS embarrassing.

A blowout win over the GSW and the Raps story STILL can't make top billing on sportsnet.ca

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Does the Moose take JV's minutes straight up and Boucher ride the pine like Monroe usually does? I say Boucher gets some burn; mioght as well see what he brigs to the NBA level.
                        I can imagine that if they feel the need to go with more shot blocking they can throw Boucher onto the court
                        OG is our king

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Kawhi's family wearing Raptor gear:

Ya, but they all kept the receipts....

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            "His thumb was relocated"

Holy crap, wasn't it still on his hand in the regular spot???
                            Heal fast , heal well JV, we need you.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Yup.

You don't just have to wade through watching the Leaf results but Rangers vs St Louis and Dallas vs Vegas and San Jose vs Florida before they get to the Raptors. It IS embarrassing.
                              Why is it "embarrassing" though? They prioritize what the majority of people want to see. Raptors just aren't priority for most of the Country.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I have RSS Feeds for ESPN, SI.com, Yahoo Sports and NBA.com all on my Homepage, and there has been consistent Raptors coverage throughout the season from all. SportsNet and TSN also have solid coverage on the channels, and show highlights from around the league. I really don't find it that hard to find Raps coverage these days. NBATV Canada also provides everything we could want from a League coverage perspective, and there's Canadian coverage like Tim and Sid, who talk Raptors/NBA all the time, and The Starters are Canadian as well. I think people forget that the state of California has more people in it than all of Canada.
                                YOU have those feeds, because you're searching them out.

The average Canadian digests sports as such: TSN and sportsnet, and the TSN and sportsnet websites. Some use the newspaper and local sports radio. I guess we do get Tim and Sid and Bob McCown giving segments but again its just the local Raptors and not around the NBA.

I guess it is what it is. Jays get 5x the coverage, but have 5x or more the audience

Comment

Working...
                                X