Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #30: Raptors (22-7) @ Warriors (19-9); Wednesday, Dec 12th at 10:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbas told me he's playing tonight.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      That's a reliable source you got there
      OG is our king

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Abbas has shown us his appearance on IG hes like 5'10 160 soaking wet..I dont think golden state is the right time to try the kid out
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Abbas has shown us his appearance on IG hes like 5'10 160 soaking wet..I dont think golden state is the right time to try the kid out
          Ya, but 1-handed push ups, bro.

Comment

If you ever wondered why the breathless banter between Leo and Matt on how Leos kid is doing in high school ball has gone to marcel marceau mode .....

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Kawhi's family wearing Raptor gear:

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Comment

Where's Cris Carter at? i thought he's family? he knows everything that Kawhi is gonna do right?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

All of you head coaches out there; can the Raptors play the way they did last night with Kawhi on the court? Does his presence stifle ball movement, affect shot selection or have some other influence which ends up being negative? I think he's an amazing player and am absolutely glad we've got him but after several games without him now, most of which were solid wins, it seems that in some ways the offence flows better when he isn't there. A good coach and/or willing players should be able to fix that; and if they can we could be looking at something sensational.

Comment

Taking the phrase "head and shoulders above everyone else" quite literally here

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                        Taking the phrase "head and shoulders above everyone else" quite literally here
                        You cant teach wingspan, cant teach wingspan

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
                          All of you head coaches out there; can the Raptors play the way they did last night with Kawhi on the court? Does his presence stifle ball movement, affect shot selection or have some other influence which ends up being negative? I think he's an amazing player and am absolutely glad we've got him but after several games without him now, most of which were solid wins, it seems that in some ways the offence flows better when he isn't there. A good coach and/or willing players should be able to fix that; and if they can we could be looking at something sensational.
                          They can, it will just take time to integrate him into the flow of the offence. Seems like Nurse is being patient with this. The rest of these guys have years of chemistry, or are largely off ball players (like Green) so fit in easier.

The other thing is that in the playoffs, the best defences will stifle that beautiful ball movement. So Kawhi needs to be comfortable acting as an offence creator, either in isolation or with a simple screen. Right now a lot of his offence is coming from that, while a small (but increasing) portion is coming off that natural ball movement. Developing both is important, but the offence creation stuff is something that doesn't require learning, so much as reps and learning your teammates. The system stuff will come with time, and has already shown positive signs.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The closer it gets to game time without any word on Kawhi playing it feels like he won't play. Hope im wrong

Comment

Glad someone is bringing this up. Last nights performance generated a lot of food for thought when it came to this topic, at least for me. Without getting too specific strategically and/or tactically, I believe this is Nick's biggest challenge before the playoffs. It's so difficult to watch last nights game and not recognize the enormous presence of established chemistry the Raptors seem to play with when Kawhi isn't there. It's almost as if we did a Danny-DeMar trade and things just left off from where they were last year.

IMO there's no need to worry at this junction. All things considered we've dealt with growing pains superbly. Kawhi's individual form has been MVP mention worthy, the team has the best record in the league and most of the guys on the team seem like they will eventually find form. The truth is that the potential of this team might take until very late into Winter to see a glimpse of what we can do in the playoff. In other words, it could take that long before we see a game like last night with Kawhi and it has the same effect. That's just the reality of pro sports chemistry.

Comment

All this beautiful ball movement by the role players will be stopped easily in the playoffs. We've seen it time and time again in the playoffs. Ball movement is good and all, but a true star who can get you buckets by himself will take you much farther in playoffs. That is what we got Kawhi for and that's when he will show his true value.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X