Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #30: Raptors (22-7) @ Warriors (19-9); Wednesday, Dec 12th at 10:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what time is the parade? I'm pretty busy on Saturday.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      So what time is the parade? I'm pretty busy on Saturday.
      The parade was watching the normally smug-ass looks on Steph, Klay, Draymond and KD completely wiped off their faces.

Comment

• I was at a corporate christmas party last night at Woodbine racetrack and missed the entire game
        I did get to watch the ponies run though and drop a few dollars into the donation machines (slots).

Looks like a fantastic win, the video of JV getting injured was brutal and of course, no call to add insult to injury (see what I did there ) Let's hope there's no internal damage and he heals quickly. Moose sightings will be fun.

Fully healthy two-time defending champion Warriors against the Raps playing on the second night of a back-to-back and without Kawhi Leonard. Fans can be forgiven for thinking this was a foregone-conclusion loss with the whole world watching on ESPN.

Anyway, it sure is fun reading the board after knowing the final result:

007 wrote: View Post
        This is either going to be a 25 point loss or 15 point win, no in-between
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        When was the last time a Curry led Warriors lost by 15 at home?
        Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        May as well just rest Lowry too. Punt.

Or play him 40 minutes and lose and have him worn out for Portland and Denver.
        Fury wrote: View Post
        Rip
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I was SO looking forward to both golden state games. Had them circled on the calendar. Now the first one had no steph and the 2nd one is a b2b for us with no Kawhi.
        MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        damn RIP our one game winning streak
        can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
        I know it's a crazy thought, but imagine the fallout if the Raps win without Kawhi?
        tDotted wrote: View Post
        As long as we don't get destroyed

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
        We're gonna have Lowry and Green matched up on Thompson and Durant? Lmao
        Mitch P wrote: View Post
        This is the first game this year I expect to lose. I also think this will be the last time I expect to lose except maybe at Oracle during the NBA Finals. I don't like this feeling. I'm promising myself not to get too upset and view it as development and learning for some of the players. I might be deluding myself.
        Zainab wrote: View Post
        lol we should just play scrubs this game
        I'm really worried about playing a bench lineup against these guys
        GLF wrote: View Post
        Yea that's where we'll lose this game for sure. But at least it's nice to see our starters match up with theirs even without Kawhi
        Zainab wrote: View Post
        It's looking like the Warriors are just waiting for the Raptors to tire themselves out. So relaxed...........damn
        GLF wrote: View Post
        That too. You have to play so hard to beat these guys they will definitely tire out shortly

Comment

• Man, when this team learns to play with Kawhi, the way they play without him...

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            This guy is as press averse as a Chinese dictator. He just hides back there. It’s clear that being in the public purview is someting he just avoids at all costs.

However whole heartedly agree it’s bad optics. He may be the most convivial guy in the room but just keeps his own council at all times. A tax lawyers dream in public. Not a word beyond yes or no. Maybe we nickname him the Sphinx.
            It's just the optics. Look, I have no idea what his plans are but if he thinks this will fly in LA, Clips or Lakers, he is fooling himself. He goes there and they are going to want him front and center all day and all night. There won't be any hiding in the shadows, like it or not. He can do it now cause he's in the driver seat but when he signs a 4 or 5 year deal, there will be a different set of expectations, even in Toronto.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              It's just the optics. Look, I have no idea what his plans are but if he thinks this will fly in LA, Clips or Lakers, he is fooling himself. He goes there and they are going to want him front and center all day and all night. There won't be any hiding in the shadows, like it or not. He can do it now cause he's in the driver seat but when he signs a 4 or 5 year deal, there will be a different set of expectations, even in Toronto.
              Matt and jack sounded like a wwe announce team both blurting out "Kawhi is in the back getting treatment watching closely on tv!"

"Weve just gotten word the ultimate warrior has escaped from the hospital and he is punching out all the security that stands in his way!"
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lmao yall see what Danny did there? I love this guy

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This must be how Milwaukee Bucks fans and fans of other teams feel when they beat us. Let that sink in a bit.

Starting to think the story about Cippers' staff being present at Raptor and Warrior games is less about them scouting Kawhi/Durrant and more about scouting how the best teams in the league play/conduct themselves. Other teams want to be like the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Matt and jack sounded like a wwe announce team both blurting out "Kawhi is in the back getting treatment watching closely on tv!"

"Weve just gotten word the ultimate warrior has escaped from the hospital and he is punching out all the security that stands in his way!"
                    "By gawd, that's Kawhi's music!!!"
                    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      "By gawd, that's Kawhi's music!!!"
                      "Look at his shoes!! Dear gawed ol' mighty!!! New Balance is the new world order!!"

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        This is either going to be a 25 point loss or 15 point win, no in-between
                        This post aged well.

Comment

• Serious question you guys: where does this rank among all time Raptors wins?

I honestly think it might be second after beating Jordan's Bulls with an expansion team. At least in terms of regular season games.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            This post aged well.
                            Originally, I was actually going to say "20 point loss or 20 point win", but as I was writing it I felt slightly more pessimistic and changed it to 25/15 lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Serious question you guys: where does this rank among all time Raptors wins?

I honestly think it might be second after beating Jordan's Bulls with an expansion team. At least in terms of regular season games.
                              My thoughts exactly.

It kinda goes back to the logic that every game you play is the most important game, more important than the one before. Where we are now and where we're trying to go, we've never been here before. Other than that Bulls game, I can't think of a game that contends. That said, my memory for these things is so-so.

It'd be interesting if someone were able to compile a real list of such things. I mean, I guess in the past there would've been games that had actual playoff entry or seeding complications that mattered direly. But this one feels like #2 to me right now.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X