Can The Raptors afford Durant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Not even sign and trade? Or is there some hard cap apron shit I'm not considering?
    That requires the Warriors to want something in return. I don't think they want to max out their salary space with some of our high salary players (most likely Ibaka).

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      That requires the Warriors to want something in return. I don't think they want to max out their salary space with some of our high salary players (most likely Ibaka).
      I don't think they have space either with Klay's cap hold. If KD walks that salary value turns to zero. No bird rights on boogie so he's gone... maybe they would take some of our salary and a pick.

I would much prefer that we get a sidekick for Kawhi but I'm just trying to see if it is possible, if unlikely.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Typically you involve a third team with cap space.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Not even sign and trade? Or is there some hard cap apron shit I'm not considering?
          Yep. Sign and trade activates a hard cap slightly above the tax. Even without Durant's massive salary the Raptors project to be way above the apron if they keep most of the team together.

Like, right now, the Raptors have 140M committed for next year. The hard cap is projected at 138M. But that also doesn't include re-signing Green or Wright. Let's say they let those two go. They only have 9 players now, meaning 5 slots of minimum salary (1.6M each, so 8M). So the Raps are 10M above the hard cap. To make a sign and trade work with Durant's max 38.1M salary, the Raptors can send out at most 47.7M. That saves them 9.6M, almost enough to get under the hard cap. But then, to make up that 47.7M, they must be sending out multiple players, and every player more than one means another minimum salary slot to fill. Which means if, say, the package is, say, JV+CJ+Powell+FVV+OG (why the Warriors would accept anything the Raptors offered is beyond me, even if they got a prospect, considering how deep in the tax they'll end up being), the Raptors are still about 5M above the hard cap with the additional roster slot holds.

Now, the "not even remotely possible" bit really starts with the Warriors definitely not even considering doing a sign and trade of Durant, certainly not to the Raptors, considering the financial implications of dealing with a team that needs to shed salary in the deal. But even if they wanted to, there would be a significant amount of additional cap gymnastics for Masai et al to just make it possible.

There's certainly even less of a path to cap space to straight up sign him, assuming Kawhi stays.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I cant believe this is a hot button topic right. The Raptors today, as constructed, would like to beat Kevin Durant in the in finals and people are dreaming of teaming up.

Like, what are we, Kevin Durant??
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I cant believe this is a hot button topic right. The Raptors today, as constructed, would like to beat Kevin Durant in the in finals and people are dreaming of teaming up.

Like, what are we, Kevin Durant??
              HaHaHaHaHa.

Keon, you kill me man.

Comment

MLSE could give him a personal services contract for $30M/year to shill for Bell or Tim Hortons and voila .... fans who hate him would suddenly love him if he landed here

You only hate fake super teams if they're not yours lol

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  MLSE could give him a personal services contract for $30M/year to shill for Bell or Tim Hortons and voila .... fans who hate him would suddenly love him if he landed here

You only hate fake super teams if they're not yours lol
                  Tim Horton's is dying as a brand as it becomes more and more apparent this is just one more franchise for a multinational restaurant chain and not the home grown cultural touchstone we all thought it was/want it to be.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Tim Horton's is dying as a brand as it becomes more and more apparent this is just one more franchise for a multinational restaurant chain and not the home grown cultural touchstone we all thought it was/want it to be.
                    I was just kidding and chose the only Cdn brand off the top of my head. Point is, perhaps there are other ways to *nudge nudge* compensate Durant, buy him a condo or three lol

It 's hard to fight Ballmer/Microsoft, maybe Masai can give him and Kawhi a small piece of Africa?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I was just kidding and chose the only Cdn brand off the top of my head. Point is, perhaps there are other ways to *nudge nudge* compensate Durant, buy him a condo or three lol

It 's hard to fight Ballmer/Microsoft, maybe Masai can give him and Kawhi a small piece of Africa?
                      Yeah my comment was just an aside. Billion dollar restaurant brand starts strong arming franchise owners and stiffing minimum wage employees of their paid breaks but hey, there's heartwarming TV commercials about small town kids hockey!

Also, the coffee is bad.

But the doughnuts do beat Robin's doughnuts, those always tasted like smoke and were usually day olds.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Also, the coffee is bad.
                        It can help prevent type 2 diabetes, breast cancer, lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, gallstones, Parkinson's disease though.

Comment

Ya we just beat Durant without Kawhi m just gonna enjoy for now

SR it wasnt head office taking away priveledges when minimum wage went up it was individual franchise owners including tim hortons offspring who have a few stores east of toronto. And the reason imo for their demise is they are trying to be a restaurant instead of the best coffee and donut shop on earth. Its like the saying if something can do more than one thing it does both things shit. Artisan grilled cheese?? 🤣 panininis? I cant get a dbl chocolate donut anymore they usually have like 6 donuts. Fug tims. Oh and the donuts suck since they stopped making in store and now use frozen. They are wet and sticky now eww

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            It can help prevent type 2 diabetes, breast cancer, lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, gallstones, Parkinson's disease though.
                            Coffee in general or Tim's coffee? I love coffee, but Tim's tastes gross.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              in some of these studies, the benefit was found in people who drank 4 to 6 cups of coffee a day, which is a lot. Too much caffeine can interfere with sleep, trigger migraines, and cause digestive problems. And if you take your coffee with cream and sugar, the added fat and calories can contribute to weight gain – which increases the risk for many types of cancer.
                              https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/c...ncer-risk.html

Comment

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X