Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #31: Raptors (23-7) @ Trailblazers (15-13); Friday, Dec. 14th at 10pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see the Raptors fighting hard to get back in that game after giving up a huge lead in the 4th. I love that Kawhi has a switch. Usually when someone is cold, they stay cold all game. Kawhi was able to put up 28 and most of that was in the second half. He just got angry.

Raptors need to do better in the clutch though. Fred piling driving his way into 3 Blazers and then getting a 3 on the other end was a back breaker. The 5 second count was embarassing. These things need to be fixed.

Sucks that we lost, but glad to see CJ have a good game. Hope Pascal will be alright. We're losing bodies left right and center.

Perhaps we get to see more Boucher (at the 4) against Denver assuming Pascal stays out for that one.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Good to see the Raptors fighting hard to get back in that game after giving up a huge lead in the 4th. I love that Kawhi has a switch. Usually when someone is cold, they stay cold all game. Kawhi was able to put up 28 and most of that was in the second half. He just got angry.

Raptors need to do better in the clutch though. Fred piling driving his way into 3 Blazers and then getting a 3 on the other end was a back breaker. The 5 second count was embarassing. These things need to be fixed.

Sucks that we lost, but glad to see CJ have a good game. Hope Pascal will be alright. We're losing bodies left right and center.

Perhaps we get to see more Boucher (at the 4) against Denver assuming Pascal stays out for that one.
      3rd game in 4 nights on the west coast road trip...i get these are pro atheletes and fly on charters and stay in 5 star hotels.. but you do get tired...

Twice in the 4th Q I got in touch with my inner GLF and said thats it.. they're done the world is imploding starting at my house ....... Portland stretched out leads to 10 points... BUT like that person you just can't shake at a party back the Raps came.

CJ made some shots last night which is fanfuckingtastic. He has been off all year.. .maybe .. just maybe.... Cmon CJ.

Freddy put up 21 and made the decision to drive on Lillard who isn't the best of defenders and took a calculated risk. He came up short. Look its always easier from the stands or the couch in front to the TV. Next time. Freddy just might be over the turf toe..

Leonard went 3 ball for 3 ball with the entire Blazer offense as the Raps reeled them in from the 5 minute mark on their second 10 point run and my second GLF moment. Thats what your star player does.

Serge went brain dead twice. Once on the inbounds where he had his back to the passer and caused the 5 second rule. AND when they put the ball in his hands for an open look at the arc and he didn't take it with 2 mins to go .. The silver lining is that there was a visiible shouting match between Leonard and him....It wasn't personal.. its what TEAMS do... those miscues won't likely happen again. If Leonard has enought confidence to chew out Serge.. he is bought in. Its only good news from here on in.

n to Denver... hoping Pascals bruised tailbone feels better. Lowry should be back and the perhaps the toughest stretch of the season ends on a high note with some payback to the Nugs....
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 15, 2018, 12:57 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
        I know the trade is off for now but I thought Wiz were rebuilding. Why Ariza & trading Oubre at that? Does that make sense? Do they believe they still have a shot? Or do they think flipping him later they'll get a better return?
        Ernie is past his time.
        Ariza is a good fit. Spaces the floor, makes winning plays, slides in nicely next to Porter.

They get out of Rivers's deal and didn't want to pay Oubre. I think they might have been able to snag a 2nd for Oubre but given how much interest there was in Ariza I think they wanted to move fast before someone else swooped in.

Comment

• It's the nba, a middle of a west coast trip, injury sit outs and it's difficult adjusting to new rotations. My excuses. And it's still a good record and the team played hard.

Next.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Ariza is a good fit. Spaces the floor, makes winning plays, slides in nicely next to Porter.

They get out of Rivers's deal and didn't want to pay Oubre. I think they might have been able to snag a 2nd for Oubre but given how much interest there was in Ariza I think they wanted to move fast before someone else swooped in.
            Good for the Wiz. They can squeeze into the 8th seed and call it a successful season. Lol. Wiz are a lot like the BC era Raptors - a capped out 7-11 treadmill team.

Comment

• Raptors were never going to win all the rest of their games after beating Golden State. As has been mentioned, west coast road trip. Add to that injuries and coming down from their incredible high and incorporating Kawhi back into a no Lowry, no Ibaka starting five?

The only way the Raptors are going to lose games is from brain farts and statistical variance in either their shooting, or the other team's. Or the refs. I don't like it but that is reality. So I am good with it.

Get Denver. Go Raps!

Comment

• The Celtics finally played a not-a-cupcake team and the streak is over. Thanks Pistons...and especially the guy who led you in assists

Comment

• Clippers lost too. I think I’m hoping for them to miss the playoffs. If they are a good team they are likely more attractive to free agents this summer.

Comment

• Game day thread?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Game day thread?
                      Thread creators are afraid of being a “one and done”.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                        Thread creators are afraid of being a “one and done”.
                        Crossed my mind

Comment

Working...
                        X