Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #31: Raptors (23-7) @ Trailblazers (15-13); Friday, Dec. 14th at 10pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Toronto enters Friday’s game with an NBA-best 23-7 (.767) record. The Raptors 23 victories matches the best start in franchise history through 30 games, originally set during the 2014-15 campaign."

It seems impossible that the Raptors ever started a season this successfully, never mind only a few seasons ago.
    Go Raps, no one said it yet, GAME DAY!

Comment

HOLD THE PHONE!

Joey inserted the wrong record for the Raptors in the thread title!

A very bad omen, if not corrected prior to 12pm Eastern Time.

Comment

Mitch P wrote: View Post
        Living in the west I've seen a lot of Portland games this year. They have been remarkably inconsistent. The Raptors have played them very well for the past few years and I expect a W. I will after last night ALWAYS expect a W!

I have just reached my first year anniversary with posting on RR. It's been a lot of fun and makes being a Raptor fan in the middle of hockey country less lonely. I've learned a few key things along the way.

1. Once a game thread is posted there isn't much point in posting anywhere else: this is where everything happens.

2. Zainab is the only girl. Avoid misogynistic humour when she is on the board.

3. There are some very, very funny people here. Keonclark, Goldblum and others frequently make me laugh out loud.

4. There are some very, very angry people here. But I'm glad they are because if they didn't hate Derozan, Kyle, CJ (etc,etc) so
        much they might be out shooting up a school.

5. It's all too easy to fritter away hours reading commentary about the role of JV, Delon vs FVV and now "are we better without
        Kawhi". But this is a pleasant addiction.

So thanks everyone who contributes. RR greatly adds to my enjoyment of the Raptors.
        Congrats! But Zainab isn't the only girl on here

Comment

I believe it was last year where our bench prevented the Blazers from scoring a single field goal in a quarter until I believe Evan Turner got a layup in the dying seconds.

That was awesome.. hope it happens again tonight

Comment

Blazers are awful on the road and they're coming off a couple of very mediocre performances in Memphis and Houston. Blazers fans are very pessimistic right now about the team. Calling for heads to roll, trades to be made, etc., but Portland is still good at home (10-4) and that backcourt can still put up 60 on any given night, so Raps will need to be focused and playing solid for 4 quarters.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              That haircut screams "I have head lice".

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                "Toronto enters Friday’s game with an NBA-best 23-7 (.767) record. The Raptors 23 victories matches the best start in franchise history through 30 games, originally set during the 2014-15 campaign."

It seems impossible that the Raptors ever started a season this successfully, never mind only a few seasons ago.
                Go Raps, no one said it yet, GAME DAY!
                We don't talk about 2014-15 season.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  That haircut screams "I have head lice".
                  Lithuanian lice king
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    We don't talk about 2014-15 season.
                    I would say that team was playing at its peak in 2014 and came back to reality in 2015. The current team is playing most nights in 3rd or 4th gear and there are still whole areas of the game they can improve upon (rebounding, consistency, etc.), along with the fact they are still figuring out how to incorporate Kawhi.

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Who's got one and a half thumbs and dunks on everybody?

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          See above Jabari Parker terrible and makes teams worse. Would have to hide him on D and potentially he’s a locker room problem.

That’s without even getting into the salary cap issues in that that deal doesn’t work without adding another salary and will massively increase our tax bill.
                          I remember all the hype for that 2014 draft. Looks pretty pedestrian in retrospect.

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                            I think fury is a guy, actually. But I see why you'd think that
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Post of the year

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                HOLD THE PHONE!

Joey inserted the wrong record for the Raptors in the thread title!

A very bad omen, if not corrected prior to 12pm Eastern Time.

It's been fixed. We're good.

Comment

Working...
                                X