Likes Likes:  99
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 456

Thread: Everything ALL STARS 2019

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,695
    Likes (Given)
    1719
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default Everything ALL STARS 2019

    Okay so Kawhi is 100% going to be a All star and Lowry is more than likely to be one as well.

    However, I feel that we deserve to have at least 3 all stars if we can maintain the first seed league wide. Ibaka imo DESERVES to be a all star this year. In fact, he sure as hell deserves it over Ben Simmons who most think to believe is a All Star lock. Siakam is a close second (would have him over Simmons as well) but I think ibaka is a bit more likely to get the honour.

    We as a fan base need to start advocating the potential idea of Ibaka being a All star
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,462
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    476

    Default

    I don't really care who's an all-star unless their ego takes a hit to the point of infecting their performance on the court in regular games.

    I'd just as soon have players who are good enough to be all-stars but don't have to participate in that snore-fest and risk injury....

    But anyway, Kawai and Lowry will be there, Serge not likely. Siakam will miss out this year but make it next imo
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Dec 15th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,794
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    579

    Default

    Its be nice for serge but id rather he rest over the week. Plus he would be a pretty boring all star whats he gonna do pick and pop? Pascal would be more exciting in game but i dont think he makes it. It just makes since with the disrespect we get that 1st in the league only gets 2 all stars. It would be too off trend for u to get anymore than 2 ( looking at you atlanta)

  4. Likes Nilanka liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Rudy Bargnani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,260
    Likes (Given)
    1024
    Likes (Received)
    377

    Default

    East:
    IMO:
    For sure:
    Lowry, Kyrie, Kemba
    Butler, Kawhi, oladipo, ben Simmons, Bradley Beal
    Joel Embiid, Giannis, Blake Griffin,

    That’s 11 and excludes Drummond, Hayward, horford, Tatum, wall, Middleton.
    Going to be interesting but I don’t think the raps get 3. Maybe philly shouldn’t get 3 and the raps 2 but that’s what I think will happen.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,867
    Likes (Given)
    4035
    Likes (Received)
    4245

    Default

    By current standings:
    Kawhi Kyle
    Giannis
    Oladipo
    Irving
    Embiid Simmons Butler
    Kemba
    Blake
    Vucevic

    And then maybe one of Wall or Beal. Everyone else is on the fringe imo.

    If the Raps are the number one seed in the NBA then I think Serge makes it for sure, while Pascal puts the league on notice and is potentially an all star next year.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    811
    Likes (Given)
    258
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
    Last edited by Mitch P; Sat Dec 15th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

  8. Likes GOLDBLUM liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,794
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    579

    Default

    Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
    I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,462
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    476

    Default

    Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,148
    Likes (Given)
    627
    Likes (Received)
    908

    Default

    I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

    Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,672
    Likes (Given)
    1041
    Likes (Received)
    3813

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

    Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.
    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,096
    Likes (Given)
    1834
    Likes (Received)
    3516

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.
    But Lowry got ass like Kardashian so it's honestly a tie
    GASOLINE!!!

  14. Likes jacobdr4 liked this post
  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,867
    Likes (Given)
    4035
    Likes (Received)
    4245

    Default

    Quote bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation
    Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html

  16. Likes Nilanka, golden, Just Is liked this post
  17. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,154
    Likes (Given)
    6348
    Likes (Received)
    5196

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

    https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html
    Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.

  18. #14
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,502
    Likes (Given)
    4382
    Likes (Received)
    7585

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.
    63,000,000:

    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  19. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,672
    Likes (Given)
    1041
    Likes (Received)
    3813

    Default

    BBRef has an insane amount of information. That said, Lonzo Ball ranked 6th in fan voting for the West backcourt. That's effing ridiculous.

  20. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,498
    Likes (Given)
    2371
    Likes (Received)
    1097

    Default

    Voting is open fam.


  21. Likes Abbas, consmap liked this post
  22. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,695
    Likes (Given)
    1719
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default

    Kawhi Leonard #NBAVOTE
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  23. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,794
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    579

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    Kawhi Leonard #NBAVOTE
    make sure your not using twitter. it doesnt count this year. only through google or nba site/app

  24. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,794
    Likes (Given)
    81
    Likes (Received)
    579

    Default

    Google lets you vote for 10 players regardless of conference.Everday im going to go Kyle, Kawhi, Serge, Pascal then fill out the rest of the ballot with west players. AD, Murry, Jokic, Doncic, PG, and demar strictly cause those are players i want to see in the game. And not give votes to anyone competing with rap players

  25. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    811
    Likes (Given)
    258
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    When you go to vote on Google the first screen that pops up is a selection of teams. This makes it SO much more likely that everyone is going to just vote for players on their favourite team. Popularity contest. I'm torn between being "knowledgeable fan" and blatant homer. But I agree; going with the above (plus JV cause he's my favourite guy) and all of the Balkan players from the west....and maybe Demar and Jakob!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •