Everything ALL STARS 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Does a starter from each team give up their spot so Dirk and D. Wade start? If so who?
    I don't think Dirk or Wade start. They were added as honorary players and I'm guessing each guy will play a short spurt off the bench.

Comment

• I had the saturday event stuff on in the background as I was doing some other stuff. Man that was such a boring night. The dunk contest was sooo boring. The 3pt contest is quite the snooze too. It doesn't help when they flip to all those commercial breaks as well.

The all-star committee needs to come up with something new. Like a 2-on-2 tourney.. or a game of 21 between two all-stars. Maybe a game of horse. Just something unique.

Another fun one would be to have two guys battle for rebounds. Most rebounds in a minute wins (as they have some random celebrity or someone just shoot from outside).

The NBA likes to play it safe. No originality.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I had the saturday event stuff on in the background as I was doing some other stuff. Man that was such a boring night. The dunk contest was sooo boring. The 3pt contest is quite the snooze too. It doesn't help when they flip to all those commercial breaks as well.

The all-star committee needs to come up with something new. Like a 2-on-2 tourney.. or a game of 21 between two all-stars. Maybe a game of horse. Just something unique.

Another fun one would be to have two guys battle for rebounds. Most rebounds in a minute wins (as they have some random celebrity or someone just shoot from outside).

Or young vs old. Have it next year the 26 and under vs 27 and over. Yes theres plenty of untapped ideas. Its basketball, theres manu variations we played as kids that would be fun to watch.

I like the rebound idea, Drummond vs jv etc

Basically anything you use to train your player in 2k could be a skills comp
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I had the saturday event stuff on in the background as I was doing some other stuff. Man that was such a boring night. The dunk contest was sooo boring. The 3pt contest is quite the snooze too. It doesn't help when they flip to all those commercial breaks as well.

Commercials made me switch it off personally. I was like, no, I'm not fine with 5 minutes of content and 10 minutes of ads, rather just watch the highlights on Youtube tomorrow. Spent 15 minutes watching all highlights, instead of wasting few hours.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
            Looking forward to the SPURS game - Payback time...I hope.
            Hopefully after the stnading O for DD, Kyle decides to torch him.
            It will be interesting if Lowry passes even once to Kawhi as he won't want his numbers to eclipse DeMars in front of the home crowd lol....only half kidding about that too

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Or young vs old. Have it next year the 26 and under vs 27 and over. Yes theres plenty of untapped ideas. Its basketball, theres manu variations we played as kids that would be fun to watch.

I like the rebound idea, Drummond vs jv etc

Basically anything you use to train your player in 2k could be a skills comp
              Awesome except no one will participate in anythingwhere they can remotely get injured (or have to exert themselves )
              How about Pros vs Joes

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Awesome except no one will participate in anythingwhere they can remotely get injured (or have to exert themselves )
                How about Pros vs Joes
                We already watched Ray Allen do that on Friday I'd say. Lol

Comment

The dunk contest was predictably boring. One of the biggest issue is the lack of star power. Diallo, Bridges, DSJ....these guys are all scubs. Collins has potential but big men generally don't do well in this competition.

Donovan Mitchell won this event last year and this year he was out there doing the commentary smh. You have to at least defend your title.

Zion Williamson will put on a show next year like Vince did in 2000. Next year is one of the most anticipated dunk contest ever because of Zion. But what happens after that?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    Commercials made me switch it off personally. I was like, no, I'm not fine with 5 minutes of content and 10 minutes of ads, rather just watch the highlights on Youtube tomorrow. Spent 15 minutes watching all highlights, instead of wasting few hours.
                    There was 15 minutes of highlights!? I saw like 3 cool things. Lavine half court, steph 10 straight at the end to win round 1, and the shaq dunk

Comment

• Big ups to Danny green for not choking tho. He showed out, had he had a better final rack he would have made round 2

Comment

• Also, this event is in Charlotte and i haven't seen a single Michael Jordan interview

Would be cool to see him on set on TNT with Shaq and Chuck and those guys.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          The dunk contest was predictably boring. One of the biggest issue is the lack of star power. Diallo, Bridges, DSJ....these guys are all scubs. Collins has potential but big men generally don't do well in this competition.

Donovan Mitchell won this event last year and this year he was out there doing the commentary smh. You have to at least defend your title.

Zion Williamson will put on a show next year like Vince did in 2000. Next year is one of the most anticipated dunk contest ever because of Zion. But what happens after that?
                          To me Zion is great, but he has hops, and power. Vince had the unique blend of leaping ability x hand eye coordination that made him timeless.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            How about Pros vs Joes
                            They also don't want to look bad by being embarrassed like the guys in the dunk contest. Other than the OKC guy, the other 3 were to quote Sir Charles "turbull". Collins was particularly bad with the balsa wood paper airplane and it's crew who had no role in the actual dunk. Hopefully the silliness and lack of star involvement changes next year with Zion. Maybe have two groups, bigs and guards separated at 6'6" or something. Each get 2 dunks and top point getter in each group square off? Leave out the paper airplanes...please.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Big ups to Danny green for not choking tho. He showed out, had he had a better final rack he would have made round 2

He only needed 1 point to tie for third. Would they have some sort of tie breaker or just go with 4 finalists?

Comment

• I enjoyed the 3pt contest it has become the premier event of Saturday Imo. it has star power and unknown players to the casual fan who if they win can gain some notoriety like Joe harris and most importantly it is exciting/ entertaining has you in the edge of your seat in the final few racks. something the dunk contest hasn't done in since maybe when Jason Richardson was killing it
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X