Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything ALL STARS 2019

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Everything ALL STARS 2019

Okay so Kawhi is 100% going to be a All star and Lowry is more than likely to be one as well.

However, I feel that we deserve to have at least 3 all stars if we can maintain the first seed league wide. Ibaka imo DESERVES to be a all star this year. In fact, he sure as hell deserves it over Ben Simmons who most think to believe is a All Star lock. Siakam is a close second (would have him over Simmons as well) but I think ibaka is a bit more likely to get the honour.

We as a fan base need to start advocating the potential idea of Ibaka being a All star
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't really care who's an all-star unless their ego takes a hit to the point of infecting their performance on the court in regular games.

I'd just as soon have players who are good enough to be all-stars but don't have to participate in that snore-fest and risk injury....

But anyway, Kawai and Lowry will be there, Serge not likely. Siakam will miss out this year but make it next imo
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Dec 15th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its be nice for serge but id rather he rest over the week. Plus he would be a pretty boring all star whats he gonna do pick and pop? Pascal would be more exciting in game but i dont think he makes it. It just makes since with the disrespect we get that 1st in the league only gets 2 all stars. It would be too off trend for u to get anymore than 2 ( looking at you atlanta)

4. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Rudy Bargnani's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

East:
    IMO:
    For sure:
    Lowry, Kyrie, Kemba
    Butler, Kawhi, oladipo, ben Simmons, Bradley Beal
    Joel Embiid, Giannis, Blake Griffin,

That’s 11 and excludes Drummond, Hayward, horford, Tatum, wall, Middleton.
    Going to be interesting but I don’t think the raps get 3. Maybe philly shouldn’t get 3 and the raps 2 but that’s what I think will happen.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By current standings:
    Kawhi Kyle
    Giannis
    Oladipo
    Irving
    Embiid Simmons Butler
    Kemba
    Blake
    Vucevic

And then maybe one of Wall or Beal. Everyone else is on the fringe imo.

If the Raps are the number one seed in the NBA then I think Serge makes it for sure, while Pascal puts the league on notice and is potentially an all star next year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
    Last edited by Mitch P; Sat Dec 15th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

8. Likes GOLDBLUM liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post
    I believe the format is still fan vote picks starters and the rest selected by coach. So fan base voting is huge and both biased and ignorant (at times). Giannis, Kawhi, Kyrie, Simmons and Embiid would likely be selected based on publicity, reputation etc. As for the rest...so many possibilities. If the Raptor fan base is to be mobilized it would be important to vote for Kyle in addition to Kawhi because I'm not sure he's a guaranteed pick. As for Serge vs Pascal I would vote Serge. He's been incredibly consistent and it might also be his only opportunity while hopefully Pascal will have many others. But I'm voting a straight Raptor ticket because I want to give Danny Green some support too. His play has exceeded all expectations and is damned near All Star quality too.
    I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mitch P wrote: View Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I think the starters should be Lowry-Kyrie-Kawhi-Giannis-Embiid.

Think Simmons might get in over Lowry though as a starter.
    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Simmons will get a ton of votes just because he's dating a Kardashian. The NBA wants a guy like that who's popular with the mainstream.
    But Lowry got ass like Kardashian so it's honestly a tie
    First Team All Nonsense

14. Likes jacobdr4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I believe starters are now picked 50/50 by fan vote and coaches vote to avoid a zaza situation
    Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html

16. Likes Nilanka, golden, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Fan vote, players and media. This is a neat breakdown of last year's voting:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...onference.html
    Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lance Stephenson received 21,000 fan votes. The fans are the dumbest people on Earth.
    63,000,000:

It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BBRef has an insane amount of information. That said, Lonzo Ball ranked 6th in fan voting for the West backcourt. That's effing ridiculous.

Raptors Republic All-Star GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Voting is open fam.

21. Likes Abbas, consmap liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kawhi Leonard #NBAVOTE
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    Kawhi Leonard #NBAVOTE
    make sure your not using twitter. it doesnt count this year. only through google or nba site/app

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Google lets you vote for 10 players regardless of conference.Everday im going to go Kyle, Kawhi, Serge, Pascal then fill out the rest of the ballot with west players. AD, Murry, Jokic, Doncic, PG, and demar strictly cause those are players i want to see in the game. And not give votes to anyone competing with rap players

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you go to vote on Google the first screen that pops up is a selection of teams. This makes it SO much more likely that everyone is going to just vote for players on their favourite team. Popularity contest. I'm torn between being "knowledgeable fan" and blatant homer. But I agree; going with the above (plus JV cause he's my favourite guy) and all of the Balkan players from the west....and maybe Demar and Jakob!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information