Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #32: Toronto Raptors (23-8) @ Denver Nuggets (19-9) - Dec. 16/18 8:00 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post
    OG also lost his Father just months ago. I'm sure he's not his self in general. The kid is a beast and will show it soon. We've seen flashes. It will come around.
    Putting OG with the bench has forced him to make plays, but his ball handling just isn't there yet. Last year, all he had to do was sit in the corner and make 3's and cuts. He really needs to work on his dribbling skills.

Comment

• Meh, it's on every player on that team to get into the gym, and get a LOT of extra touches to get their shot back going. Any of you out there that were shooters when you played know what I'm talking about. I used to be a 2/3 who basically was a three point guy....when I was in a slump, I'd hit the gym, alone, start from the BEGINNING of my oldest HS shooting drills, and literally get up a few THOUSAND shots until it came back. Easier said than done at the Pro level with family, travel, etc. but hey, thats what seperates the winners from the losers.

Tell you this, if I'm Leonard, and I look around an dthis ISN'T happening, I'm already watching highlights A.K.A. looking for a new home for next year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        What. Seriously. What.

Anyone who has watched Malachi Richardson play basketball and thinks that he would be an upgrade over even a broken CJ Miles is not someone who should be listened to. Never mind OG Anunoby. Are you kidding?

Miles needs to get back to what he does. Shoot the three. Nothing freaking else. He's putting up half as many threes as last year, playing only a few less minutes per game. Per-36, his three point attempts are down from 12 to 8. He's dropped from 75% of his shots coming from 3 to 65%. Catch. Shoot. That's it. And if he does that, there's a chance he'll find his rhythm and be a positive contributor.

OG is fine and will be fine. There's no reason to believe he's actually a 29% FT shooter. Meanwhile, his 30% shooting from three is bad, but it's on a <100 shot sample, so hardly reliable. And with him playing out of position and in such awful lineups, no surprise he's had a hard time finding a rhythm himself. Also, he is 21 and in his sophomore season. He will be fine.
        Dude, you just said Lowry had a good game after scoring zero points last week.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Actually, the best part is reading some of the hot takes DURING the game. Some fans give up soooooo easily and just lose their sh*t
          VERY good point. It's why for the most part; I stay out of game threads except before before the game and after the game ... unless I'm actually at the game.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            Dude, you just said Lowry had a good game after scoring zero points last week.
            Did I? Pretty sure I said he still had a positive impact and that he wasn't the primary reason we lost.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Did I? Pretty sure I said he still had a positive impact and that he wasn't the primary reason we lost.
              This part was highly debatable, if not laughable.

Comment

Yes he was. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not someone who should be listened to. You're going to argue about his +/- again? lol.
                Last edited by The Great One; Mon Dec 17, 2018, 10:30 AM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  This part was highly debatable, if not laughable.
                  You finding yourself on the same side of this as TRex should be a wake up call.

I know you think it was debatable, which why you debated it. Laugh away, dude.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You finding yourself on the same side of this as TRex should be a wake up call.

I know you think it was debatable, which why you debated it. Laugh away, dude.
                    Someone disagrees with him so he's mad lol. You're not that smart dude. I know you think you are but you're not. You're the same guy who keeps hyping up JV here for years and years like he's some future all star. You have zero credibility in my mind.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Someone disagrees with him so he's mad lol. You're not that smart dude. I know you think you are but you're not. You're the same guy who keeps hyping up JV here for years and years like he's some future all star. You have zero credibility in my mind.
                      Thank goodness.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Let's see. He's shooting 25% from the FT line, horrific 3pt shooter, you knew he's going to turn the ball over whenever he handles the ball, ZERO basketball awareness(very Bruno Caboclo like). There was a play late in the 1st where the Raptors should've taken the final shot but OG decided to drive the ball, got fouled, and missed two freethrows. Again, zero basketball awareness.

How long is the leash? he's a LIABILITY whenever he's on the floor. What does he do well?
                        It's ok to criticize OG's play. He's been pretty bad this year....and last night was the lowest of the lows.

But we've seen what he IS capable of. He needs time to work his way out of his funk.

Comment

• Folks... 4 of the top 6 scorers were hurt and didn't play last night...

Four...of the top 6 offensive players... did not play

There I said it twice...think about that beforey you post...

Four...and they were still in it
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Folks... 4 of the top 6 scorers were hurt and didn't play last night...

Four...of the top 6 offensive players... did not play

There I said it twice...think about that beforey you post...

Four...and they were still in it
                            Pretty much it. We didn't learn anything that we didn't know about OG & Miles before last night. Neither guy has found a rhythm shooting the 3-ball and when teams make them put the ball on the floor.... they're toast. With like half the rotation out, including both PGs, those issues just got a big old flashlight shining on them last night.

But it's still okay to talk about it, because it is what it is.

Comment

• Up 13 with less than 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and then Lorenzo Brown happened. Fouled a 3pt shooter. Shot an air ball. Threw the ball away. Piss poor defense.

That lineup with Monroe, OG , Miles, Brown and Green was just so bad. I hope we never have to see that again.

It was a scheduled loss.. has no bearing in the playoffs since a big chunk of the roster was missing. So not upset at all by the outcome. Just frustrated to see us throw that one away with such a crappy line up.

I blame Masai on that one to be frank. Brown should not be on this roster. He should not be that 3rd PG we use in a pinch. I'm sure we could find anyone else in the league that would do a better job for what he's paid.

Monroe was a bad signing too. Just has no awareness on defense.. and has really only one move on offense.

Comment

• If we're looking for a shooter, somebody like Troy Daniels could be had. Shitty defender and doesn't do anything else but he can shoot

- He made a three-pointer in 29 straight games when coming off the bench from Nov. 26-Jan. 31, the longest such streak in Suns history.

- With 11 games making 5+ three-pointers this season, he joined Quentin Richardson (17 in 2004-05), Raja Bell (15 in 2006-07, 13 in 2005-06), Devin Booker (12 in 2017-18), Gerald Green (12 in 2013-14) and Dan Majerle (11 in 1993-94) as the only players in Suns history with at least 11 games of 5+ treys in a season.

- With seven games making 6+ three-pointers this season, he joined Richardson (8 in 2004-05) and Bell (7 in 2006-07) as the only players in Suns history with at least seven games of 6+ treys in a season.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X