Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #32: Toronto Raptors (23-8) @ Denver Nuggets (19-9) - Dec. 16/18 8:00 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Up 13 with less than 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and then Lorenzo Brown happened. Fouled a 3pt shooter. Shot an air ball. Threw the ball away. Piss poor defense.

That lineup with Monroe, OG , Miles, Brown and Green was just so bad. I hope we never have to see that again.

It was a scheduled loss.. has no bearing in the playoffs since a big chunk of the roster was missing. So not upset at all by the outcome. Just frustrated to see us throw that one away with such a crappy line up.

I blame Masai on that one to be frank. Brown should not be on this roster. He should not be that 3rd PG we use in a pinch. I'm sure we could find anyone else in the league that would do a better job for what he's paid.

Monroe was a bad signing too. Just has no awareness on defense.. and has really only one move on offense.
    Brown is the 4th PG, even though Wright plays SG with FVV. He won’t see minutes when our guards are fully healthy. Every team has that crappy bench warmer. They are there for moments like these, has no significance on the team.

This loss is on injuries, nothing else really. Miles started, Brown and Monroe were back ups.

Comment

• Raps are not that good where they can play Brown, Moose and CJ long minutes and beat number 1 seed in the West. Gotta have a little more respect for your opponents
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Up 13 with less than 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and then Lorenzo Brown happened. Fouled a 3pt shooter. Shot an air ball. Threw the ball away. Piss poor defense.

That lineup with Monroe, OG , Miles, Brown and Green was just so bad. I hope we never have to see that again.

It was a scheduled loss.. has no bearing in the playoffs since a big chunk of the roster was missing. So not upset at all by the outcome. Just frustrated to see us throw that one away with such a crappy line up.

I blame Masai on that one to be frank. Brown should not be on this roster. He should not be that 3rd PG we use in a pinch. I'm sure we could find anyone else in the league that would do a better job for what he's paid.

Monroe was a bad signing too. Just has no awareness on defense.. and has really only one move on offense.
        Nailed it. There's no one to run the offence on that lineup. I don't know how long it will take for them to realize Brown can't run an NBA offence. I hope we're never down two PG's at once again, but if we do, try Loyd or Felder if you have to, they may not do much, but the team wouldn't bleed as many points as when Zo' Brown is the primary ball handler like he had to be on this lineup. Not worried about the loss though, the team was too banged up with injuries for it to be representative of anything.
        Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 17, 2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          Nailed it. There's no one to run the offence on that lineup. I don't know how long it will take for them to realize Brown can't run an NBA offence. I hope we're never down two PG's at once again, but if we do, try Loyd or Felder if you have to, they may not do much, but the team wouldn't bleed as many points as when Zo' Brown is the primary ball handler like he had to be on this lineup. Not worried about the loss though, the team was too banged up with injuries for it to be representative of anything.
          Felder is gone. But yes, Loyd would almost by default be a better option.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Did anybody see Lowry or JV on a bench?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Did anybody see Lowry or JV on a bench?
              In the back getting treatment
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                In the back getting treatment
                JV getting treatment for his thumb? I don't like this new way inactive players don't support their team. Lowry could've been giving pointers to Wright or Kawhi.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  If we're looking for a shooter, somebody like Troy Daniels could be had. Shitty defender and doesn't do anything else but he can shoot

- He made a three-pointer in 29 straight games when coming off the bench from Nov. 26-Jan. 31, the longest such streak in Suns history.

- With 11 games making 5+ three-pointers this season, he joined Quentin Richardson (17 in 2004-05), Raja Bell (15 in 2006-07, 13 in 2005-06), Devin Booker (12 in 2017-18), Gerald Green (12 in 2013-14) and Dan Majerle (11 in 1993-94) as the only players in Suns history with at least 11 games of 5+ treys in a season.

- With seven games making 6+ three-pointers this season, he joined Richardson (8 in 2004-05) and Bell (7 in 2006-07) as the only players in Suns history with at least seven games of 6+ treys in a season.
                  Yep. We could definitely use a microwave type of scorer/shooter off the bench. Would prefer a bit more of a combo guard with ball-handling, but yeah, that guy can shoot. BTW - Doesn't Malcolm Miller gets back in January? The team kept him over McKinnie, fwiw.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Yep. We could definitely use a microwave type of scorer/shooter off the bench. Would prefer a bit more of a combo guard with ball-handling, but yeah, that guy can shoot. BTW - Doesn't Malcolm Miller gets back in January? The team kept him over McKinnie, fwiw.
                    Yeah he actually shot well last year. But how long will it take him to get back up to speed? This year is just rehab for him imo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      They didn't keep Miller over McKinnie. They waived both players (in Miller's case, his rights). Miller they got for the 905 during his rehab but he's free to sign with anyone. The spot McKinnie was occupying was the 14th NBA roster spot. Brown got that instead.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        They didn't keep Miller over McKinnie. They waived both players (in Miller's case, his rights). Miller they got for the 905 during his rehab but he's free to sign with anyone. The spot McKinnie was occupying was the 14th NBA roster spot. Brown got that instead.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Folks... 4 of the top 6 scorers were hurt and didn't play last night...

Four...of the top 6 offensive players... did not play

There I said it twice...think about that beforey you post...

Four...and they were still in it
                          At the end of the toughest road trip of the year at the end of the toughest stretch of schedule for the year. Against the #1 team in the WC.

A middling team would have lost that game by 20 points. I was impressed the Raps made a game of it for as long as they did. They're good.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So, before the MEM game 11 games ago, I posted this:

DanH wrote: View Post
                            This game starts an 11 game gauntlet of brutal schedule. 7 road games to 4 home games, and only two home games in a row once (ie only one game with no travel immediately preceding it). Loads of travel including a 4 game west coast road trip to end the 11 game stretch (the hard kind of west coast trip - LAC, GSW on a B2B, POR, DEN). Using my game prediction model, of those 11 games, there are 8 predicted wins (>50% chance to win) and 3 predicted losses (<50% chance), but 5 of those wins and all of the losses are essentially coin tosses (40-60% chance to win), meaning this could go very well or very sideways very fast. Only a few games early in this stretch (@ CLE, vs PHI, @ BKN) are projected as likely wins (>60%). Overall the projected record for these 11 games is 6-5. That's the worst projected record of any 11 game stretch this entire season. This is officially as hard as it gets. Good luck, Scraptor.

Over the holiday break the schedule gets real nice (from the 19th of Dec to the 22nd of Jan there is only ONE projected loss in 17 games, and a projected record of 12-5), but before then we've got to tackle this monstrosity of an 11 game stretch.
                            The Raptors went 6-5 in that stretch, and that's with a bunch of injuries. So hard to be too disappointed with their recent play, it's right in line with the level they had played to up to that point.

And now we get that soft schedule from now to Jan 22nd to help us cope with all these injuries.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Havent seen it mentioned much, but if the doubters still dont understand the value and correlation of Lowry = winning after this 4 game trip then I dont think they ever will.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Havent seen it mentioned much, but if the doubters still dont understand the value and correlation of Lowry = winning after this 4 game trip then I dont think they ever will.
                                Absolutely. As long as Lowry "does his job" we're more than fine. Job description does entail scoring more than zero points in a game. That said, it looks like it's going to take a while for Kawhi to learn the offense and develop chemistry, but when both of those guys finally get on the same page..... damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X