Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #32: Toronto Raptors (23-8) @ Denver Nuggets (19-9) - Dec. 16/18 8:00 PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Absolutely. As long as Lowry "does his job" we're more than fine. Job description does entail scoring more than zero points in a game. That said, it looks like it's going to take a while for Kawhi to learn the offense and develop chemistry, but when both of those guys finally get on the same page..... damn.
    Lowry playing 30 minutes and not scoring a single point is still an improvement over having to play the other PGs we have on the roster extended minutes.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Lowry playing 30 minutes and not scoring a single point is still an improvement over having to play the other PGs we have on the roster extended minutes.
      Exactly that's what I'm getting at. Yes, Lowry and the Raptors are much better off when hes scoring. But I'm also talking about the 100 other super important things he brings to the table. Even "0 points Lowry" would have improved our team a ton the last 2 games and I think we would have won both or at least 1 of those games.

Our record without Kawhi is 7-1. Our record without Kyle is 1-2. Just sayin..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Brown is a total deadweight, I dont mind him just being in that line up as the last man up but to be given a green light to shoot is a killer. He is a pylon as well on defense. Its ok to be a zero but to be a negative and creating more damage is so deflating. Injuries or no injuries, he shouldnt be with the roster.

They should try Lloyd for heaven’s sake. Brown has proven time and time again, he is NO more than just a cheerleader off the bench.

Release the guy

Comment

• Lowry scoring and shooting well improves our ceiling, but just having Lowry in a lineup improves our floor. If that makes sense.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Brown is a total deadweight, I dont mind him just being in that line up as the last man up but to be given a green light to shoot is a killer. He is a pylon as well on defense. Its ok to be a zero but to be a negative and creating more damage is so deflating. Injuries or no injuries, he shouldnt be with the roster.

They should try Lloyd for heaven’s sake. Brown has proven time and time again, he is more than a cheerleader off the bench.

Release the guy
            Lloyd was no available due to injury as well

Comment

• So what happened to Fred anyway? How is he banged up? I was a bit surprised that he took the night off considering the next man up was going to be Brown.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Brown is a total deadweight, I dont mind him just being in that line up as the last man up but to be given a green light to shoot is a killer. He is a pylon as well on defense. Its ok to be a zero but to be a negative and creating more damage is so deflating. Injuries or no injuries, he shouldnt be with the roster.

They should try Lloyd for heaven’s sake. Brown has proven time and time again, he is NO more than just a cheerleader off the bench.

Release the guy
                MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Lloyd was no available due to injury as well
                I guess when you have no choice, having to choose how to kill yourself: drinking a drano or liquid plumr

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Exactly that's what I'm getting at. Yes, Lowry and the Raptors are much better off when hes scoring. But I'm also talking about the 100 other super important things he brings to the table. Even "0 points Lowry" would have improved our team a ton the last 2 games and I think we would have won both or at least 1 of those games.

Our record without Kawhi is 7-1. Our record without Kyle is 1-2. Just sayin..
                  We're 0-2 without JV, which proves that JV is even more important than Kyle or Kawhi. Yes, the Raptors are better off when JV plays good defense, but JV brings 1000 other super-duper important things to the table. Would have improved our team a metric tonne the last 2 games and I think we would have won both of those games, 100% for sure.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    We're 0-2 without JV, which proves that JV is even more important than Kyle or Kawhi. Yes, the Raptors are better off when JV plays good defense, but JV brings 1000 other super-duper important things to the table. Would have improved our team a metric tonne the last 2 games and I think we would have won both of those games, 100% for sure.
                    You can be as facetious as you like. I can't go toe to toe with the DanH's of the world with presenting you impact stats but you and I both know Kyle is the one constant ranking near the top of lineup stats every year.

JV does not bring nearly what Kyle brings and is in fact often a net negative over the years, despite his scoring. Again, we both know this.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You can be as facetious as you like. I can't go toe to toe with the DanH's of the world with presenting you impact stats but you and I both know Kyle is the one constant ranking near the top of lineup stats every year.

JV does not bring nearly what Kyle brings and is in fact often a net negative over the years, despite his scoring. Again, we both know this.
                      lol. I'm totally agreeing on Lowry's impact. It's great, and I love it. And it's much, much higher than Fred, Delon and smh, Renzo 'UPS' Brown. And water is wet.

Just saying that he has a greater impact on winning when he's scoring like he's supposed to, in addition to doing those 'little things'. I was saying that we have the capability to blow teams TF out when Lowry's scoring, which was immediately proven in the Clippers and Warrior games. The last few games changes nothing about my opinion: Lowry is great, but he can't be scoring 5-7 points if we want to win anything significant this year, regardless of the Alvin Williams-esque intangibles.

Comment

• Somebody make the next game thread so we can cleanse ourselves of this loss

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Somebody make the next game thread so we can cleanse ourselves of this loss
                          alright I got it. Just give me a moment

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Somebody make the next game thread so we can cleanse ourselves of this loss
                            OG is our king

Comment

No slag to Dan (who is a goalie and anyone who has the moral courage to stand between the pipes gets the benefit of the doubt on lots).... .. .but Dylan Strome graded out highly on stats as well....
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                No slag to Dan (who is a goalie and anyone who has the moral courage to stand between the pipes gets the benefit of the doubt on lots).... .. .but Dylan Strome graded out highly on stats as well....
                                If anything, that just means I've taken a few too many pucks to the head and my ideas should be even more open to ridicule.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X