Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    JV’s soft touch around the rim makes it look so damn easy, but watching a former elite low post scorer like Monroe get blocked all the time makes you appreciate him even more.
    It makes me feel a little more justified in wanting a different player (with more upside) at the time we picked him up.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. Every pro sports fanbase in the world is so reactionary lol
      Fixed that for you and g deane
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Bucks, rejuvenated Sixers and Celtics all playing well and have all picked up games on the Raptors in the standings over the last 10. But also put the Pacers in there, winners of their last 7 and now tied with the Bucks for 2nd in the conference.

And they're doing it as a true team, without an elite superstar. Oladipo is a good one, Bogdanovich is having a good year and they have a handful of guys that can rain 40% threes on you.

This will NOT be an easy one (again), hopefully Kyle can go.
        True.. however neither team has ventured for both the western roadies yet.... those two west coast 4 gamers have a way of taking some of the air out of anyones ballon.

The Hinkies have both trips to make....... and the Chowders have one left....
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 18, 2018, 01:55 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Pacers will most likely be 8-0 before this game (they play the Cavs before they play us) . So will be nice when we break their streak.

Hope we get some of our guys back. Siakam took a hard fall so wouldn't be surprised if he needs another game off. Still not sure why Fred missed the Denver game. Lowry hopefully is back, but he usually struggles after a rest day. So crossing my fingers on that one.

Best thing about this game is the 7:30 start time. I'm so tired of watching games on replays because I couldn't stay up late enough to watch those west coast games live.

Comment

Austin rivers was bought out, anyone think it would be a good idea to try and pick him up on vet min ?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Pacers will most likely be 8-0 before this game (they play the Cavs before they play us) . So will be nice when we break their streak.

Hope we get some of our guys back. Siakam took a hard fall so wouldn't be surprised if he needs another game off. Still not sure why Fred missed the Denver game. Lowry hopefully is back, but he usually struggles after a rest day. So crossing my fingers on that one.

Best thing about this game is the 7:30 start time. I'm so tired of watching games on replays because I couldn't stay up late enough to watch those west coast games live.
              Fred's dealing with a plethora of injuries but I believe he was out with his reoccurring back spasms.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                Austin rivers was bought out, anyone think it would be a good idea to try and pick him up on vet min ?
                Ewww.. nope, not me.

Comment

Beat writers saying that Norm is back, and Siakam, Green and FVV are all probable for tomorrow. Lowry still questionable.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Beat writers saying that Norm is back, and Siakam, Green and FVV are all probable for tomorrow. Lowry still questionable.
                    I'm glad the rash of injuries is now..it's fairly significant at the moment to be sure, but usually teams aren't so unlucky that it happens again at multiple times throughout the year....right?....right.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Fixed that for you and g deane
                      I'm not so sure about that.

I follow the Jays quite a lot as well and the in-game comments are nowhere near as toxic/juvenile f-bombing and quick to criticize every single play/fire/demote/castrate both starters and bench players as Raps fans. The most negative on Leaf threads are habs/Senator or western based team fans AS IT SHOULD BE. Yankee fans can be super critical of their own but those are idiot Yankee fans

I don't know about every other NBA team but Raptor fans are amongst the top of the hyper critical/over reactionary universe as far as I can see. Certainly in-game. It's like there's a lot of new bandwagon fans who are ignorant of how truly bad this team was for most of its existence....

Look, the Raptors aren't guaranteeed anything this year and perhaps the hot start inflated expectations. They are one of maybe 5 teams who could win the East and it wouldn't be inconceivable. Enjoy the season for what it is and hope/believe that we can make another conference final, hope that we show well there and potentially make a finals where anything can happen. Because it would suck for the Celtics or Bucks to make the finals and give the GSW a run for their money, which I believe is very possible for some team to do this season and have said it since before the season began.
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Dec 18, 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                        If it means that Brown never gets onto the court then...no. Just kidding, but I'm not expecting much from either player at this point.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          True.. however neither team has ventured for both the western roadies yet.... those two west coast 4 gamers have a way of taking some of the air out of anyones ballon.

The Hinkies have both trips to make....... and the Chowders have one left....
                          Agreed.

We play ALL of our remianing games in EST or 1 hour time change. We just need to get healthy and some of Lowry, FVV, Miles, OG and now Norm to get back some mojo....and get JV back. That's a pretty long and significant list

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            I'm not so sure about that.

I follow the Jays quite a lot as well and the in-game comments are nowhere near as toxic/juvenile f-bombing and quick to criticize every single play/fire/demote/castrate both starters and bench players as Raps fans. The most negative on Leaf threads are habs/Senator or western based team fans AS IT SHOULD BE. Yankee fans can be super critical of their own but those are idiot Yankee fans

I don't know about every other NBA team but Raptor fans are amongst the top of the hyper critical/over reactionary universe as far as I can see. Certainly in-game. It's like there's a lot of new bandwagon fans who are ignorant of how truly bad this team was for most of its existence....

Look, the Raptors aren't guaranteeed anything this year and perhaps the hot start inflated expectations. They are one of maybe 5 teams who could win the East and it would be inconceivable. Enjoy the season for what it is and hope/believe that we canmake another conference final, hope that we show well there and potentially make a finals where anything can happen. Because it would suck for the Celtics or Bucks to make the finals and give the GSW a run for their money, which I believe is very possible for some team to do this season and have said it since before the season began.
                            Ah, so if you've done a scientific study I see. From my experience, each online fan base contains thousands and thousands of people, and you get everything from nut jobs to anxiety ridden stress cadets to level heads to people just happy to be here. But amongst them all, tons and tons of arm chair GMs

Add to that, RR is a very small sample size of Raptor fans online. Bigger communities on reddit and real GM etc. It's why I prefer this place, but it also skews things. For example, this group in particular has more love for Kyle than the whole community. This group was always harder on Derozan than the whole community. Therefore, this group was much happier with the trade right off the bat than the whole community. So with that said it may also be the case that there is a few more negative nellies that wiggle their way into game threads.

Send thoughts and prayers to the overly negative. It's no way to live. But don't let it wrinkle your panties

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Ewww.. nope, not me.
                              agree with the Ewww but brown = Ewwwwww that's double the w lol

Comment

JV out for sure... looks like Kyle gets another day and the walking wounded begin to return with Pascal / Danny Green / Freddy and Norm looking like they suit up.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 18, 2018, 02:20 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X