Likes Likes:  169
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default GAME #33 Indiana Pacers @ Toronto Raptors - Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:30 PM ET on TSN

Home Sweet Home

Projected Starters

Pacers (20-10) Raptors (23-9)
    Darren Collison Kyle Lowry
    Victor Oladipo Danny Green
    Bojan Bogdanovic Kawhi Leonard
    Thaddeus Young Pascal Siakam
    Myles Turner Serge Ibaka

NOTES

First Team All Nonsense

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To continue my point from the other thread, the schedule gets real easy now.

The Raptors are in a dead heat with the Bucks for the easiest strength of schedule from now to the end of the season, and play 4 fewer games over that time. The Raptors are the only team in the league with only 50 games yet to play.

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year, besides their games against said Bucks.

But with home court and a rest advantage (2 days off versus the Pacers on a back to back), this game has the Raptors heavily favoured (my model pegs it at 64% chance to win). We'll see if they are mostly healthy, though.

3. Likes Joey, KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The daunting first game back after a western road trip. Hopefully we'll have some rested players up for it. Go Raps.

5. Likes Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bucks, rejuvenated Sixers and Celtics all playing well and have all picked up games on the Raptors in the standings over the last 10. But also put the Pacers in there, winners of their last 7 and now tied with the Bucks for 2nd in the conference.

And they're doing it as a true team, without an elite superstar. Oladipo is a good one, Bogdanovich is having a good year and they have a handful of guys that can rain 40% threes on you.

This will NOT be an easy one (again), hopefully Kyle can go.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post

The Raptors are in a dead heat with the Bucks for the easiest strength of schedule from now to the end of the season, and play 4 fewer games over that time. The Raptors are the only team in the league with only 50 games yet to play.

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year,
    besides their games against said Bucks.

But with home court and a rest advantage (2 days off versus the Pacers on a back to back), this game has the Raptors heavily favoured (my model pegs it at 64% chance to win). We'll see if they are mostly healthy, though.
    So what you're saying is, going 73-9 and winning the gold ball and being anointed the greatest in the history of balls going through hoops is still realistic
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

8. Likes Mack North, DanH, Just Is, Day One liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Bucks, rejuvenated Sixers and Celtics all playing well and have all picked up games on the Raptors in the standings over the last 10. But also put the Pacers in there, winners of their last 7 and now tied with the Bucks for 2nd in the conference.

And they're doing it as a true team, without an elite superstar. Oladipo is a good one, Bogdanovich is having a good year and they have a handful of guys that can rain 40% threes on you.

Not at all. If we are missing any of our guys other than obviously JV there is a good chance we lose this game. Hopefully at least Kyle and Pascal will be back
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indy is the toughest team, current-record-wise, that the Raptors will play for the rest of the year, besides their games against said Bucks.

This is good to here. Oh how I miss JV, watching Greg Monroe play (especially on defence) is painful. Hopefully he looks better against weaker teams. And I really hope we never have to see Lorenzo touch the floor every again.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

11. Likes DanH liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    [B][SIZE=6]

man needs a restraining order

13. Likes MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    This is good to here. Oh how I miss JV, watching Greg Monroe play (especially on defence) is painful. Hopefully he looks better against weaker teams. And I really hope we never have to see Lorenzo touch the floor every again.
    JVís soft touch around the rim makes it look so damn easy, but watching a former elite low post scorer like Monroe get blocked all the time makes you appreciate him even more.

15. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully the team is using this time to further gel and bring Kawhi further into a smooth integrated offense, Kyle to fully heal etc because this is a ton of time off for fans

Come on hump day!
    Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Dec 18th, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. This fanbase is so reactionary lol
    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

18. Likes DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So what you're saying is, going 73-9 and winning the gold ball and being anointed the greatest in the history of balls going through hoops is still realistic
    Expected, if anything.

20. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Expected, if anything.
    Gold ball so close I think I can smell it
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    This reads like some teen novella

"Leonard smiled back wistfully, consciously not utilizing that trademark laugh. Perhaps he knew."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. This fanbase is so reactionary lol
    Understatement of the year

Raptors Republic Superstar Just Is's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    JV’s soft touch around the rim makes it look so damn easy, but watching a former elite low post scorer like Monroe get blocked all the time makes you appreciate him even more.
    It makes me feel a little more justified in wanting a different player (with more upside) at the time we picked him up.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    Its funny how people wanted Monroe to get minutes over JV just a few weeks ago. Every pro sports fanbase in the world is so reactionary lol
    Fixed that for you and g deane

26. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post

True.. however neither team has ventured for both the western roadies yet.... those two west coast 4 gamers have a way of taking some of the air out of anyones ballon.

The Hinkies have both trips to make....... and the Chowders have one left....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 18th, 2018 at 01:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pacers will most likely be 8-0 before this game (they play the Cavs before they play us) . So will be nice when we break their streak.

Hope we get some of our guys back. Siakam took a hard fall so wouldn't be surprised if he needs another game off. Still not sure why Fred missed the Denver game. Lowry hopefully is back, but he usually struggles after a rest day. So crossing my fingers on that one.

Best thing about this game is the 7:30 start time. I'm so tired of watching games on replays because I couldn't stay up late enough to watch those west coast games live.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Austin rivers was bought out, anyone think it would be a good idea to try and pick him up on vet min ?

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information