Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #36: Raptors (25-10) @ Heat (16-16); Wednesday, Dec. 26th at 7:30 pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
    That bench stretch early in the fourth was huge. After 3 strong games in a row we can start believing that Norm Powell is going to be a contributor for the rest of the year. That will make the bench much better than it has been thus far. Norm actually looked like he was playing intelligently; facilitating in a number of ways. He had three assists. Beside the win that was probably the best thing about this game for me.
    Agreed. If we can get old Norm back that will make our bench a lot better. They may even be able to play well while JV is out.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Call me crazy but Norm, playing like this could be a point guard. Hitting the odd three, penetrating under control and dishing and making the pull up when he has to. His handle isn't that tight but could get better. He's certainly always a threat to go to the rim unlike Fred who is just a block waiting to happen. Whoever on the coaching staff has been working with him has clearly had a bigger impact that whoever it was last year.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• Comment

• Spurs are putting it on Denver tonight. That game coming up against the Raptors is bound to be a good one. Hopefully they'll beat the Celtics on New Year's Eve.

Comment

That bench stretch early in the fourth was huge. After 3 strong games in a row we can start believing that Norm Powell is going to be a contributor for the rest of the year. That will make the bench much better than it has been thus far. Norm actually looked like he was playing intelligently; facilitating in a number of ways. He had three assists. Beside the win that was probably the best thing about this game for me.
              I hope so, then we have a shot of trading him in the off season.

Comment

• Funny thing is I would have done Green for Demar straight up LOL

Comment

Call me crazy but Norm, playing like this could be a point guard. Hitting the odd three, penetrating under control and dishing and making the pull up when he has to. His handle isn't that tight but could get better. He's certainly always a threat to go to the rim unlike Fred who is just a block waiting to happen. Whoever on the coaching staff has been working with him has clearly had a bigger impact that whoever it was last year.
                  We don't even need a true point guard most of the time. With Siakam and Kawhi, all we need is a guard who can hit spot up 3s and not over dribble.

Comment

Spurs are putting it on Denver tonight. That game coming up against the Raptors is bound to be a good one. Hopefully they'll beat the Celtics on New Year's Eve.
                    Since the Lakers game three weeks ago when they killed them they have played really well, they are 8-2 during that stretch.

Aldridge and Poeltl are gonna give us trouble, gonna be like today where we need Monroe on Aldridge most likely.

Spurs are also 1st in the league in 3 point % -- even after losing Green and Kawhi and getting back Demar - that is amazing.

Gonna be a show!

Comment

• kawhi is obviously the guy, but danny green is just an all-around fantastic basketball player too.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        kawhi is obviously the guy, but danny green is just an all-around fantastic basketball player too.
                        yep. he had a few down years in 2016 and 2017 but this year has played like the danny green of 3-4 years ago, which is what we need!

Comment

Yeah, Norm looks like a he got a new brain transplanted while he was rehabbing that shoulder. Playing smart, under control, nice handles and hitting 3's. And stellar guard/wing D. Exactly what was missing on the 2nd unit. Hope he keeps it up.

Comment

Call me crazy but Norm, playing like this could be a point guard. Hitting the odd three, penetrating under control and dishing and making the pull up when he has to. His handle isn't that tight but could get better. He's certainly always a threat to go to the rim unlike Fred who is just a block waiting to happen. Whoever on the coaching staff has been working with him has clearly had a bigger impact that whoever it was last year.
                            I agree with this, Norm can be used at the point situationally when one or two of KL/FVV/Wright are out. He's a better shooter, better defender, and better rim slasher then Zo Brown. Norm's confidence and sound positioning on both ends of the floor stood out for me, I hope he maintains the same level headed, steady play going forward.

Fred had some big 3's this game and we wouldn't have won without him. I like him as spot up shooter (like a shooting guard) at the end of games rather then running the offence at the point.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                              I hope so, then we have a shot of trading him in the off season.
                              Ouch! But you might be right. We really don't have a lot to offer anyone and really have to start looking at a replacement for Lowry sometime soon.

Comment

Ouch! But you might be right. We really don't have a lot to offer anyone and really have to start looking at a replacement for Lowry sometime soon.
                                Yep...we got OG who can play the wing and get someone more inexpensive to be backup.

GOtta free up funds to keep Danny Green. Also JV may walk if he feels he can get more money as his option year is coming up.

And your right, we will need to start looking at point guard options soon.

So gotta be flexible.

Comment

Working...
                                X