Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #37: Raptors (26-10) @ Orlando Magic (14-19); Friday, Dec. 28th at 7:00 pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Warren is a nice young get, I am not so sure if we have players that Suns could consider.

He is trending up in his 3 point percentage (44%) this season.

Miles has negative value so it may take a Wright or FVV and another future 2nd.

Doubtful however that Phoenix will bite but Im dreaming

Bottomline: As i said in ad nauseam, improve the 3point shooting ffs

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Was just thinking that if Lowry makes the AS team (my preference is he doesn't and we get angry Lowry because of it) he should decline or Masai should quietly deny his participation. Dude needs to fully heal and not repeat the past debacle. Forget your pride and think team first. No, don't even fly there to participate in the event but not play....

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        TJ Warren is a nice young get, I am not so sure if we have players that Suns could consider.

He is trending up in his 3 point percentage (44%) this season.

Miles has negative value so it may take a Wright or FVV and another future 2nd.

Doubtful however that Phoenix will bite but Im dreaming

Bottomline: As i said in ad nauseam, improve the 3point shooting ffs
        Isn't TJ Warren a bootleg edition of DeMar DeRozan?

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
          Isn't TJ Warren a bootleg edition of DeMar DeRozan?
          He is as legal as it gets lol. 44% three point shooting percentage is considered an unreachable milestone for the former player.

Comment

• For a team that isn't a very good 3pt shooting team they sure loves to chuck up 3's at a high rate. They're copying the Warriors and teh Rockets style of play eh? What a bunch of IDIOTS. If you want to play that style of basketball then you have to have more than two good shooters on the team.

Miles, Siakam, Ibaka, Wright, OG, Powell - These are horrible 3pt shooters.

Lowry and Vleet - Can't rely on them either because they're so inconsistent.

Kawhi and Green are the only reliable 3pt shooters they have and Kawhi isn't really a 3pt shooter.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
              While we all hope for a healthy roster anything can happen -- kawhi could go down tomrorow and out for season. ibaka could break his back and be out. FVV could break his arm and be out. Injuries are part of the game and we cant always hope for full health.

It sucks we arent healthy but we also can put in piss poor efforts like last night either.. no defense, shooting was horrid. Raptors have had too many of these games lately and they have not looked smooth at all since the GS win.
              You can't assume a healthy roster sure, but I would think most teams would struggle when their best players are hurt or out. If Kawhi has a season ending injury we have no chance at contending for anything. But that can be said about any team. Imagine Milwaukee without Giannis? We've seen GSW without Curry. They're like a .500 team and they still had Durant.

Lowry is a very significant injury for us. You could easily argue that he's been our best player this season and not Kawhi. Lowry had a stretch where he was pretty bad (at least offensively) but he's been great more than he's been bad.

You go into the playoffs without one of Lowry or Kawhi and we'll struggle for sure. Might as well write off the season at that point.

These games around the holidays are really tough. Focus is on family and friends and less on the game. The Raptors came out hot though. Just couldn't sustain it, and when Orlando started hitting tough shots it was tough to over come. And the larger the whole got the harder it was to get out of it.

Raptors need some home cooking. It's been awhile since they've had a series of games at home. Raptors have played 14 games in December (they have one more against Chicago coming up). 9 of those were on the road!

There are things we need to do better in for sure. But we have more than half the season to play out. We need to be better defensively, but I suspect with a healthy starting 5 and JV covering the big center's in the league we should be okay. Even if we have poor coaching in that regards, we have the talent to be good defensively. And when teams are forced to play half court offense, since pacing slows down in the playoffs, I'm sure we'll be just fine.

Our 3pt shooting has been terrible, but we should be relying less on the bench in the playoffs and more on our starters. A healthy Lowry, Green, and Kawhi can all shoot fairly well from 3. We would never need to play CJ at all. OG has proven to be a stone cold killer from 3 in the playoffs. Fred's shot has come around too. And it looks like we're getting the 2016-2017 Norm again. It might be a concern still but we have half a season to figure it out and more favourable schedule to boot.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• That can't be right. Wilt Chamberlain never had a 30/20/8 game?

And lol at David Lee.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

daaaaamn Bradley Beal to Raps!!! speak it into existence
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I was so against this earlier in the season, but seeing how badly we're shooting I'm a bit more open to the idea now
                        OG is our king

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Ya it seems like bradley almost has to go now... But you never know with the Wiz they played pretty well without him last year. if they start going on a lil win streak maybe their incompetent management decide to push for the 7th or 8 seed. If beal is on the table we seem like we lack the assests the celtics, lakers or pelicans of the world can give up for him unless wiz are super high on OG i dont think we can pull it off
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I would throw everything I can at Bradley Beal. He is 25.5 yrs old and locked up through 2021 when Giannis is a free agent.

Go get him Masai!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I would throw everything I can at Bradley Beal. He is 25.5 yrs old and locked up through 2021 when Giannis is a free agent.

Go get him Masai!
                              Raptors need to go after Beal for sure. With all the injuries going on, we could really use additional help.

If Ibaka or JV is included in a Beal trade though, we're going to have to swing another trade to get any kind of big on this team. Monroe and Boucher alone won't be able to hold the fort until JV comes back.

Comment

• Without wall they will win 10 in a row and prob won’t trade Beal.

Good thing is Celtics and lakers are holding back assets for Anthony Davis and unlikely to drive up the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X