Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    LOL, first reports were ruled out, but it seems Nurse followed that up with the old "you ever know." Officially questionable.

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...20003450007553
    Sneaky Raptors

Comment

Just another game.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Seems like JV is about 3-4 weeks away still too, according to Nurse, according to Blake.
        That's kind of disappointing. I understand 4 weeks was a very optimistic hope, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I dont wanna restart the 4 week countdown
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Just another game.

It's cool how the spurs games are both big events but from completely different storylines. This one will be about Kawhi and an icy return facing boo's, the next one will be about demar and a more warm and fuzzy one with adulation
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just another game.

Tomorrow is gonna be lit. Man City vs Liverpool then Raps vs Spurs.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Given the game, I expect the Raps to come out and play with a sense of urgency. They haven't done it much this year - it's mostly been coasting with spurts of effort - but I would anticipate a GSW-game focus from them. We'll see. They've been off-balance without Lowry and they haven't found any kind of a replacement for JV's production. Hopefully, they'll start dialing it up now that the calendar has turned....

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                That's kind of disappointing. I understand 4 weeks was a very optimistic hope, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I dont wanna restart the 4 week countdown
                Yeah at the time it was ~4 weeks to "re-evaluation." So considering he got his stitches out a few days ago, he's probably ahead of that schedule, we just never had a timeline for how long the recovery would be after that re-evaluation.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  As the world waits with baited breath to see if pop and Kawhi acknowledge each other. My bet says no, especially cause Kawhi never shakes hands post game anyways but I think he barely acknowledges their entire team.

Danny will be ever the politician with smiles and hugs, and DeRozan will likewise hug all his friends. Watch Lowry sit on the bench finally lol
                  This is definitely a game where I'd prefer all the pre-game hugs and kisses to wait. Even in a "regular" game, I'd prefer all that goofiness be done off-court but that's just me. As long as we pull out the W, I'm good with it.

There was a recent interview with Antetokounmpo where was was asked about working out with other stars durijng the off season and he basically said "I don't want to be friends with the enemy in or off season, I just want to beat them"

The dude immediately went up 3 rungs on my personal respect ladder that day
                  -He's definitely coming here to play with Kawhi

Comment

Comment

Sofukinstoked

Comment

Why are they still asking him this lol. He's already said this in the off season, obviously he isn't gonna reach out to Masai
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I doubt Lowry plays

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Also looks like Rudy is doubtful on their end. So matchups will look like:

White vs VanVleet
                              Forbes vs Green
                              DeMar vs Kawhi
                              Aldridge vs Pascal
                              Poeltl/Bertans vs Ibaka

Obviously the two key matchups are the ones with DeMar and LMA. Kawhi should smother DD but Aldridge will be tricky. Also Derrick White will have something of a size mismatch on FVV.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Also looks like Rudy is doubtful on their end. So matchups will look like:

White vs VanVleet
                                Forbes vs Green
                                DeMar vs Kawhi
                                Aldridge vs Pascal
                                Poeltl/Bertans vs Ibaka

Obviously the two key matchups are the ones with DeMar and LMA. Kawhi should smother DD but Aldridge will be tricky. Also Derrick White will have something of a size mismatch on FVV.
                                Do the Spurs play Aldridge and Poeltl at the same time? I always thought LMA was their center.

I watched a few Spurs games early in the season and Poeltl was getting glued to the bench. Sounds like Pop has more trust in him now.

Comment

Working...
                                X