Likes Likes:  212
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 996

Thread: Game #40 Raptors @ Spurs

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Superstar The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,604
    Likes (Given)
    87
    Likes (Received)
    213

    Default

    Lowry will surprise us, treatment of his back was last Friday...thats almost a week ago and doubtful that the injury is long term so we may see some BFF battle as a side show to the main plot.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,028
    Likes (Given)
    597
    Likes (Received)
    888

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Spends his whole time talking about playing AGAINST other great players. Crazy talk! Doesn't he know he's supposed to speculate about playing WITH Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, etc.? Hasn't anyone told him about superteams? (Edit: clearly not, look at the Hornets)
    He was ON a fucking superteam. Pippen and Rodman were hall of fame level talents. Not to mention the 1996 team where they had those two and Kukoc coming off the bench along with a ton of excellent role players.

    Even the earlier rendition of the Bulls had Pippen and Horace Grant. The year Jordan left they still won 50 games and were a game away from the ECF (and likely the finals since they lost in 7 to the best team in the east that year, the Knicks). Grant made the all-star team and Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting.

    So tired of people acting like Jordan played with a bunch of scrubs. Yeah he never joined a superteam, he didn't have to, he had one built around him. Not everyone has the luxury of their team drafting or trading well to put together a title contender.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,126
    Likes (Given)
    3356
    Likes (Received)
    4255

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    He was ON a fucking superteam. Pippen and Rodman were hall of fame level talents. Not to mention the 1996 team where they had those two and Kukoc coming off the bench along with a ton of excellent role players.

    Even the earlier rendition of the Bulls had Pippen and Horace Grant. The year Jordan left they still won 50 games and were a game away from the ECF (and likely the finals since they lost in 7 to the best team in the east that year, the Knicks). Grant made the all-star team and Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting.

    So tired of people acting like Jordan played with a bunch of scrubs. Yeah he never joined a superteam, he didn't have to, he had one built around him. Not everyone has the luxury of their team drafting or trading well to put together a title contender.
    Preach. No one here said Jordan played with scrubs in Chicago, though. (But a bit of context: yes they won 55 games the first year of baseball and were a 2nd round out. The next season MJ only played 17 games, Bulls only won 47, and they were again a 2nd round out. They were a good team but definitely not a great team without MJ.)

    And we do now live watching an NBA where MVP level players will leave Finals contending teams to join even better teams. Imagine MJ on the Penny/Shaq Magic, or Hakeem's Rockets, or David Robinson's Spurs, etc. etc.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,028
    Likes (Given)
    597
    Likes (Received)
    888

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Preach. No one here said Jordan played with scrubs in Chicago, though. (But a bit of context: yes they won 55 games the first year of baseball and were a 2nd round out. The next season MJ only played 17 games, Bulls only won 47, and they were again a 2nd round out. They were a good team but definitely not a great team without MJ.)

    And we do now live watching an NBA where MVP level players will leave Finals contending teams to join even better teams. Imagine MJ on the Penny/Shaq Magic, or Hakeem's Rockets, or David Robinson's Spurs, etc. etc.
    The only guy who did this was Durant.

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27,732
    Likes (Given)
    2702
    Likes (Received)
    7004

    Default

    Drop Drake


  6. Likes KeonClark, Mack North, Apollo liked this post
  7. #86
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,926
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    416

    Default

    Raps are betting underdogs for the game; love it

  8. #87
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,998
    Likes (Given)
    1003
    Likes (Received)
    3568

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Drop Drake

    The Raptors part is waaaay off. Drake was officially announced as Global Ambassador before the 2013-14 season, starting the greatest and most sustained run of winning in franchise history: 6 straight playoff appearances, 4 straight 50+ win seasons, a first ever ECF appearance and culminating in the 2019 NBA championship.

    Started at the bottom, for real.

  9. Likes DanH, Superjudge liked this post
  10. #88
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,720
    Likes (Given)
    4120
    Likes (Received)
    7165

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    The Raptors part is waaaay off. Drake was officially announced as Global Ambassador before the 2013-14 season, starting the greatest and most sustained run of winning in franchise history: 6 straight playoff appearances, 4 straight 50+ win seasons, a first ever ECF appearance and culminating in the 2019 NBA championship.

    Started at the bottom, for real.
    So we're gonna start ruining memes with actual facts in 2019 now is that how it is?
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  11. #89
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,998
    Likes (Given)
    1003
    Likes (Received)
    3568

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So we're gonna start ruining memes with actual facts in 2019 now is that how it is?
    People need to step up their meme game or......


  12. #90
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,109
    Likes (Given)
    784
    Likes (Received)
    884

    Default



  13. Likes DerozansSpurs liked this post
  14. #91
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    15,223
    Likes (Given)
    973
    Likes (Received)
    3160

    Default

    The Raptors are the underdog in this game? huh?

  15. #92
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,605
    Likes (Given)
    1811
    Likes (Received)
    2541

    Default



  16. #93
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,605
    Likes (Given)
    1811
    Likes (Received)
    2541

    Default

    Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are the underdog in this game? huh?
    Spurs are good at home... 15-5 record.

  17. #94
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    214
    Likes (Given)
    70
    Likes (Received)
    36

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Spurs are good at home... 15-5 record.
    Raptors are the best team on the road with a 13-7 record. 538 has us as one point favourites. Should be a close game. Go Raps.

  18. Likes Demographic Shift liked this post
  19. #95
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,605
    Likes (Given)
    1811
    Likes (Received)
    2541

    Default




    Hope he stays out. If he plays I bet he sits out the next 3-4 games.

  20. #96
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    15,223
    Likes (Given)
    973
    Likes (Received)
    3160

    Default


  21. #97
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,484
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    2186

    Default

    Actual footage of tonight's matchup - Kawhi(Rick James) and DeMar(Charlie Murphy), with Kyle looking on.


  22. #98
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,926
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    416

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Drop Drake

    He's just a needless distraction whose benefits (attracting free agents, attracting media attention, making Toronto an "it" destination?) are outstripped by his negatives imo. I'm glad he's been away more this season as he was getting to be an embarrassment.

  23. #99
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,926
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    416

    Default

    Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are the underdog in this game? huh?
    They're factoring in home court and the referees ....

  24. Likes DerozansSpurs liked this post
  25. #100
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,926
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    416

    Default

    Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    Wow is the ESPN chick a spurned lover or what?

    And Kawhi thinks he's seen snow (or cold) in Toronto already? That does not bode well for January or February....

    "But it's just cold. You know, I came from California, and I moved to San Antonio, and there's no snow in either city. It's my first experience having Christmas with snow on the ground and just seeing snow throughout the year for the first time."

    THROUGHOUT THE YEAR? Thankfully, we play in a building ....
    Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 3rd, 2019 at 01:29 PM.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •